+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa requirements for Retired Individuals

taimurak

Aug 12, 2012
Canada
Hello!

My father in law is a retired individual and my mother in law is a house wife, both have good travel history. They had applied for a visitor visa early last year since we don’t meet the minimum income requirement for a Super Visa. The visa officer had asked for our notice of assessment which is a requirement for super visa. When he asked them this question they rejected their visa giving the following reasons:

• You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
  • Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
  • Purpose of visit
  • Current employment situation
  • Personal assets and financial status
  • You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

We attached all supporting documents for their application like an invitation letter from us. He had attached the following documents of his with his application:

• More than sufficient cash in his account
  • Proof of multiple assets – Assets are listed in the official wealth statement of the tax authority + Official Letters from the relevant land authorities.
  • Income tax returns
  • Statement of assets – Includes proof of fixed assets mentioned above, vehicles, shares, jewelry + other assets

They just wanted to come visit us and see the country. Now we are expecting our first child and they want to be here in December for that and will be applying for a visitor visa again.

Apart from whatever he submitted last time these are the new documents that we are thinking of adding this time to address the above concerns:

• Pension certificate.
  • Get his local tax and other documents attested by the local relevant authorities.
  • Hospital documents stating wife’s name and due date.
  • Both of our income tax returns from Canada.
  • Copy of my wife’s bank statement which shows sufficient funds.
  • He is handling his parents assets distribution after their demise for his siblings so the power of attorney for that.
  • They want to come visit us for 4 months so he will buy 4 months of health insurance from Manu Life which fulfills all requirements for a super visa, even though they are not applying for a super visa.
  • Any utility bills
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!

My father in law is a retired individual and my mother in law is a house wife, both have good travel history. They had applied for a visitor visa early last year since we don’t meet the minimum income requirement for a Super Visa. The visa officer had asked for our notice of assessment which is a requirement for super visa. When he asked them this question they rejected their visa giving the following reasons:

• You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
  • Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
  • Purpose of visit
  • Current employment situation
  • Personal assets and financial status
  • You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

We attached all supporting documents for their application like an invitation letter from us. He had attached the following documents of his with his application:

• More than sufficient cash in his account
  • Proof of multiple assets – Assets are listed in the official wealth statement of the tax authority + Official Letters from the relevant land authorities.
  • Income tax returns
  • Statement of assets – Includes proof of fixed assets mentioned above, vehicles, shares, jewelry + other assets

They just wanted to come visit us and see the country. Now we are expecting our first child and they want to be here in December for that and will be applying for a visitor visa again.

Apart from whatever he submitted last time these are the new documents that we are thinking of adding this time to address the above concerns:

• Pension certificate.
  • Get his local tax and other documents attested by the local relevant authorities.
  • Hospital documents stating wife’s name and due date.
  • Both of our income tax returns from Canada.
  • Copy of my wife’s bank statement which shows sufficient funds.
  • He is handling his parents assets distribution after their demise for his siblings so the power of attorney for that.
  • They want to come visit us for 4 months so he will buy 4 months of health insurance from Manu Life which fulfills all requirements for a super visa, even though they are not applying for a super visa.
  • Any utility bills
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Four months is too long a visit. This is likely one of the reasons for the refusal. Ask for 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: taimurak

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like there arw fears that they will stay for a long period of time and perhaps care for their grandchild which would be working illegally. If you have proof of when they need to return home I would include that.

Reactions: taimurak

taimurak

Aug 12, 2012
Canada
Looks like there arw fears that they will stay for a long period of time and perhaps care for their grandchild which would be working illegally. If you have proof of when they need to return home I would include that.
Thank you. We attached a return ticket but will add something else which shows that they need to get back.