+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa rejection

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For Super Visa Your NOA for current year matters most with Emp. letter
In case your are showing Liquid money in CA that is plus but not reason for rejection/Approval.

Also as per IRCC during whole stay of the Invitee , sponsor must qualify as per LICO requirement. (But IRCC can't track that)
liquid funds fo also matter not only LICO. 10k is not a lot of money to be supporting a new child and a parent on a supervisa if the parent has no savings themself.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
liquid funds fo also matter not only LICO. 10k is not a lot of money to be supporting a new child and a parent on a supervisa if the parent has no savings themself.
Agree , Liquid money matters But not impact in approval S V , If you have Emp letter stating this person is Working with us and his annual salary is this much. (It is nothing but Liquid money only which sponsor gets on bi weekly basis) same I mentioned that mp letter need to be added (i.e. that is indirectly fulfilling Liquid money criteria , same which you mentioned )

Ex: If person "A" is showing LICO requirement checked and he has 200000 CAD also in Bank statement but No job Vs. Person "B" with LICO requirement checked and he has ONLY 15000 CAD and he attached permanent job emp letter with annual decent salary Chances for Person B is much stronger for SV approval then A

So we are talking same thing but different way.
Thanks

Last edited:

Shaparak1996

Jun 13, 2022
Dear friends,

I am writing to ask for some guidance regarding my parents and my sister (she is and adult mild intellectual disabled) visitor visa.

I applied for my parents and my sister (all together and my dad was the main applicant) on summer 2018. During that time, I was a graduate student in Canada and I was doing my study. Their application was rejected. My parents showed almost 26000 CAD for one month trip (almost 8500 per family member). I showed a bank statement of 2000 CAD with my funding letter (showing 18000 CAD per year from the University). My parents own a property and we included that and we included the business license for my dad and paystubs for my mom. Here is the summary of the officer note that I obtained "Modest income and funds. the older daughter (me) income is modest and insufficient to cover her own expenses as student unless supplemented by my family. Having 3 family members visiting her in Canada is not making much sense form the financial point of view versus the host (me) visiting family back in the home country. Insufficient travel history and I am not satisfied that the proposed visit is reasonable based on expenses assets are modest and consider that the incentive to remain in Canada may outweigh the applicants' ties to their country of residence. and I am not satisfied that the applicants will depart Canada at the end of their trip".
My sister is mild intellectual disable. She is physically healthy and trainable and able to do her daily activities and tasks. She finished high school in school for children with special needs and did middle school and elementary school in a normal school. She did not go to University. Instead, she is registered in various art classes which are designed for children with special needs and she is just going to those classes and build art crafts in different sectors (I explained these in their application). She is an adult but I cannot apply for her alone since she is financially dependent to my parents and she does not have income. Now, I am planning to apply again. Now, I am a permanent resident, working full- time for almost 2 year. I have not seen them for the past 4 years. I have a well-paid job and very good amount of money in my Saving account to fully support them financially. Although the officer did not mention that he/she refused them due to her condition, I am wondering whether it is related to my sister condition? I am still wondering whether 26 K cad was not sufficient for one month trip? if that is the case how much money (at minimum) I should provide to show that it is sufficient, especially for my sister.
Would you please guide me what should I do to get visa for them?

should I apply for them separately?if yes, should I first apply for my mom alone and then once she gets visa, I should apply for my father and my sister together? or vice versa? My dad has been retired but he still owns his business and he has income. My mom is still working full-time.

Does my sister need to do any medical test for the visitor visa? During the previous application that was rejected we did not do any medical test, I only included her international disability card and explained her conditions. So, I cannot choose the approach to not mention anything it since they already have the information. My member of Parliament is going to write a letter for me to support my parents and sister application too.

Thank you so much for all your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Vtkrish

May 23, 2022
@Naturgrl I am in the process of applying for the super visa. I was wondering:

1. Given that the visitor visa was rejected in April 2022, is it too soon to be applying for a super visa? Could it be a red flag?

2. Do I need to get a medical insurance that covers preexisting conditions or just the standard one would suffice?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Naturgrl I am in the process of applying for the super visa. I was wondering:

1. Given that the visitor visa was rejected in April 2022, is it too soon to be applying for a super visa? Could it be a red flag?

2. Do I need to get a medical insurance that covers preexisting conditions or just the standard one would suffice?
1. Yes you can apply again. There is a good chance that you will run into similar issues. Your father doesn’t seem to have strong ties to his home county and there is the big issue of finances. He has no savings and you have a small amount savings especially considering you are expecting a baby, you aboth talking about taking spousal leave so will only get a fraction of your normal income unless your employers top up your spousal leave payments and babies cost a lot of money. Just a flight for your father an insurance if you get a supervisa can cost 3-5k so a good portion of your savings. These are the things you need to address in your application

Reactions: Naturgrl

Vtkrish

May 23, 2022
Our new visa application via super visa went through successfully. Thanks a lot for all the suggestions on this thread.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Our new visa application via super visa went through successfully. Thanks a lot for all the suggestions on this thread.
Were you able to find supervisa insurance given that your parent has had a liver transplant? If you did you must read the policy very carefully to see if the policy will cover any medical treatment related to his liver. Assume the policy would also have been quite expensive. That could be very expensive and your family is not in a position to pay a large hospital bill of 10-100k+ If your parent does need to seek medical care at any point. Insurance companies always try their best to get out of paying. They will have to show proof of the 1 year policy on arrival.