+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa rejection

Vtkrish

May 23, 2022
I recently applied for a visitor visa for my father in India. He has been retired for over 5 years and with no income source. He does not have any liquid assets/funds. I send money home every month for all expenses. He owns a house though.

When applying for the visa, I indicated that I will be completely sponsoring the travel, stay and other expenses and showed personal funds of about 10k CAD. I did not show any local funds for my father as it want not substantial and i did not show the documents of the house he owns either as I thought it may not matter since i am sponsoring his trip. Further, the purpose of travel was stated as the birth of our child (his grandchild) and duration of trip was 6 weeks.

The visa application got rejected stating the following:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

What are our options now? I am told that reapplying would not help unless we are able to show at least 10 to 15lacs inr minimum of funds for retired people. Also not sure why purpose of travel is a problem. Has anyone succeeded to get a visa without such large proof of funds or in similar situation ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I recently applied for a visitor visa for my father in India. He has been retired for over 5 years and with no income source. He does not have any liquid assets/funds. I send money home every month for all expenses. He owns a house though.

When applying for the visa, I indicated that I will be completely sponsoring the travel, stay and other expenses and showed personal funds of about 10k CAD. I did not show any local funds for my father as it want not substantial and i did not show the documents of the house he owns either as I thought it may not matter since i am sponsoring his trip. Further, the purpose of travel was stated as the birth of our child (his grandchild) and duration of trip was 6 weeks.

The visa application got rejected stating the following:

resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

What are our options now? I am told that reapplying would not help unless we are able to show at least 10 to 15lacs inr minimum of funds for retired people. Also not sure why purpose of travel is a problem. Has anyone succeeded to get a visa without such large proof of funds or in similar situation ?
Are you PR or citizen and meet LICO? If so apply for a visitor visa so your funds are considered. Stating a 6 week visit with none of his own funds and only $10k of yours is not a lot after paying for airfare and insurance.

Vtkrish

May 23, 2022
Are you PR or citizen and meet LICO? If so apply for a visitor visa so your funds are considered. Stating a 6 week visit with none of his own funds and only $10k of yours is not a lot after paying for airfare and insurance.
I am a PR. My income is above the low income cut off. Yes i did apply under the visitor visa category. If not 10k, how much do you think must be shown? Is proof of funds in India necessary as well?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a PR. My income is above the low income cut off. Yes i did apply under the visitor visa category. If not 10k, how much do you think must be shown? Is proof of funds in India necessary as well?
Your funds may not be considered as they are not your father’s funds. He needs to show his own bank accounts. Estimate $2k per week (Low end) with airfare and insurance. Or apply for supervisa and then your accounts are considered.

Reactions: lisarogers

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Since you applied Visitor visa , Your parents Fund will play major role (Parents should have enough liquid money to support flight ticket, stay cost in Canada Etc.)
for sure you need to show the tie up with home country.

Reactions: find_anand

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
I think she meant apply for super visa.

Vtkrish

May 23, 2022
Your funds may not be considered as they are not your father’s funds. He needs to show his own bank accounts. Estimate $2k per week (Low end) with airfare and insurance. Or apply for supervisa and then your accounts are considered.
OK so if I apply for a supervisa and show min $12k for 6 weeks of travel, that should be sufficient, no need to show any funds/assets in India correct?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
OK so if I apply for a supervisa and show min $12k for 6 weeks of travel, that should be sufficient, no need to show any funds/assets in India correct?
For S.V. LICO matters , which depend on family composition
You and all your depended in Canada (Including Child) + Number of people you are sponsoring for S.V.
you can find LICO chart in IRCC website for this year

IRCC check your NOA for recent year to check your income
Parent's Liquid fund will be bonus if you can show in their home country . Tie up showing is Must in SV OR VV (any case)

Good Luck

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
CEC_1304 is correct. It is based on LICO with your NOA based on the number of family members. Was funds the only reason? Order GCMS notes.

Reactions: CEC_1304

Vtkrish

May 23, 2022
For S.V. LICO matters , which depend on family composition
You and all your depended in Canada (Including Child) + Number of people you are sponsoring for S.V.
you can find LICO chart in IRCC website for this year

IRCC check your NOA for recent year to check your income
Parent's Liquid fund will be bonus if you can show in their home country . Tie up showing is Must in SV OR VV (any case)

Good Luck
Thanks, will check that! How do we show tie up other than through indian funds? Would house ownership document be sufficient?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Ties are reasons to return - job, family (spouse and dependant children), property to maintain (farm, rental), pension.
Correct as @Naturgrl explained these are reason to tie up
Tie up means something which will make to to return to your home country and Caseworker should be satisfied with your reason

Good Luck

Reactions: find_anand

Vtkrish

May 23, 2022
Can someone suggest how much money should I show as available for the travel/stay for a 1 year visit on super-visa?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Can someone suggest how much money should I show as available for the travel/stay for a 1 year visit on super-visa?
For Super Visa Your NOA for current year matters most with Emp. letter
In case your are showing Liquid money in CA that is plus but not reason for rejection/Approval.

Also as per IRCC during whole stay of the Invitee , sponsor must qualify as per LICO requirement. (But IRCC can't track that)