+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa rejection for parents

Uzma khan

Feb 18, 2019
Hii

I need urgent help

I have applied for visitor visa for my parents with all the below mentioned documents and details on 22 december 2018:

My father is a civil servant and we have provided a leave sanction letter from his office (duly translated and notorized in English- submitted only this translated version not the original in regional language) to support the fact that he will be returning back to home country to join his service (ties to home country).

Financial support:

Income tax return for past two years : Equivalent to Avg of 9000 CAD per year

Past six months salary slip

Property TAX receipt (his personal fixed asset in home country ) alongwith sale deed (duly translated and notorized in English)

Bank balance certificate: Father’s Account: 2100 CAD (equivalent)

Mother’s Account: 4100 CAD (equivalent)

Father’s provident fund account (held with central government): 8600 CAD

Purpose of travel:

I am inviting my Parents for my Postpartum Care. I am pregnant with our first child and expecting baby on Apr XX, 2019 (Ultrasound Reports enclosed). My Parents will support me physically and emotionally. My husband is working full time as he recently got the new job and he is unable to provide care to me and new born baby. My parents will be a great help for us in taking care of our new born. We are new immigrants in Canada and we do not have family or friends who can support us during this time.

Invitation letter that mentioned our family income in Canada is 65000 CAD

However, the same application got rejected with the reason :

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

X Purpose of visit

X Personal assets and financial status

Now to support the application ( after the rejection) we have booked return flight tickets for them and increased the balance in bank account to:

Fathers Account: 11000 CAD

Mothers account : 4100 CAD

Also Our family income in Canada has also increased to 83000 CAD

Please do suggest if this would be sufficient as per the rejection reason .

We did tried to hire a consultant for visa but they require more documents such as our rent agreement, our income tax return (we don’t have it yet as we arrived in march 2018), bank balance for accounts held in Canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry to know your parents were refused. Unfortunately, it is not surprising why they were refused.

1. You have clearly stated their intentions to work illegally as visitors i.e. to take care care of you and your baby. This explains the Purpose of visit refusal ground.

2. Their personal finances are extremely low. It implies your dad's income does not pay well = They don't have financial incentives to return to their home country.

My father is a civil servant and we have provided a leave sanction letter from his office (duly translated and notorized in English- submitted only this translated version not the original in regional language) to support the fact that he will be returning back to home country to join his service (ties to home country).
Original document + translation + affidavit from the translator.... should have been submitted.

Income tax return for past two years : Equivalent to Avg of 9000 CAD per year
His income is too low.

Property TAX receipt (his personal fixed asset in home country ) alongwith sale deed (duly translated and notorized in English)
Property valuation?

Bank balance certificate: Father’s Account: 2100 CAD (equivalent)

Mother’s Account: 4100 CAD (equivalent)
Extremely low.

Father’s provident fund account (held with central government): 8600 CAD
It is incorrect to add PF amount as funds available for the visit. Although it was added, it was not considered/cannot be considered.

Purpose of travel:

I am inviting my Parents for my Postpartum Care. I am pregnant with our first child and expecting baby on Apr XX, 2019 (Ultrasound Reports enclosed). My Parents will support me physically and emotionally. My husband is working full time as he recently got the new job and he is unable to provide care to me and new born baby. My parents will be a great help for us in taking care of our new born. We are new immigrants in Canada and we do not have family or friends who can support us during this time.
This is the main reason for their refusal.

Now to support the application ( after the rejection) we have booked return flight tickets for them and increased the balance in bank account to:
Tickets do not help. It is not advisable to book tickets before a visa is issued.

Fathers Account: 11000 CAD
It must be CAD 2100, not CAD 11,000

Mothers account : 4100 CAD
Too low.

And, the source of her bank balance?

Also Our family income in Canada has also increased to 83000 CAD
Your income and financial support is secondary. They must prove that they can afford the visit.

We did tried to hire a consultant for visa but they require more documents such as our rent agreement, our income tax return (we don’t have it yet as we arrived in march 2018), bank balance for accounts held in Canada.
Except for your bank statement, not sure why the consultants have incorrectly advised you to include your rent agreement, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Uzma khan

Uzma khan

Feb 18, 2019
Thank you Bryanna for your inputs and your prompt reply, I really appreciate it.
I was not looking the purpose of travel from this perspective.

I wanted to clarify that my father has redeemed money from his PF account and deposited the same to his savings account, which now stands at CAD 11000.

The funds in mothers account are from long time savings given by my father over a period of time ( should this be transferred to father's account)

And the most important I should work on the purpose of visit that implies a wrong meaning in the letter of invitation

Please guide on the source of income ( which cannot be changed), should we re-apply
:(:(:(:(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I wanted to clarify that my father has redeemed money from his PF account and deposited the same to his savings account, which now stands at CAD 11000.
Your dad must include a copy of his PF statement (prior to withdrawing the funds) + the bank statement for the transfer of the PF amount to his personal account. Do highlight the transactions in both bank statements.

The funds in mothers account are from long time savings given by my father over a period of time ( should this be transferred to father's account)
Okay.

Do they have any other investments: Bank term deposits, shares, mutual funds, insurance, jewelry, etc?

And the most important I should work on the purpose of visit that implies a wrong meaning in the letter of invitation
You had not mentioned how long was their visit.

1. Any change in the purpose of visit now might seem like a 'correction' and not 'genuine'.

2. Are you employed? Will you continue working in the last months of your pregnancy and after the baby is born?

Reactions: Uzma khan

Uzma khan

Feb 18, 2019
thanks dear...

yes the letter of invitation does mentions that my mother will stay for 3 months and father will stay for one month
(the same duration for which he has been alloted leaves from his department).

And yes I am employed but I have taken leave for the same purpose, but my husband is employed full time