+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Rejected

Rithvik

Jan 22, 2018
I am Rithvik, an Indian Citizen.Currently, I am working and residing in Norway with a status as Resident Permit

I have a friend in Canada and I would like to visit him for a vacation.
I tried applying visitor visa to Canada, but it has been rejected with the following note

"You have not satisfied me that you wouls leave at the end of your stay as a permanent resident. Considering the following factors
1. Travel history
2. Immigration status in the country of residence
3. Purpose of visit"

I dont have any travel history other than travelling from India to Norway.
I have a valid resident permit in the current country of residence, which is valid for a year. I have submitted it
I have made it clear that am visting my friend for a vacation with to and fro dates.The address of stay was also mentioned along with the invitation letter from my friend

I am not pretty sure why the application has been rejected and what additional documents needs to be submitted? Has anyone of you come across the same situation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long was your trip?

What evidence did you submit to show proof of ties to Norway?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
2. Immigration status in the country of residence
The way I interpret this, it's not so much as the proof of your immigration status, but the mere fact that you are an expatriate, therefore you are more likely to want to stay permanently in Canada.

As scylla hinted at, getting a TRV approved isn't about proving your reasons for going to Canada, but proving your reasons to leave Canada (i.e. ties to Norway/India).

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. What documents did you submit?

2. How long have you been living in Norway? When does your current resident permit expire? When does your employment contract expire?

3. Do you have family who live with you in Norway? A rent contract?

4. What ties can you prove to India? Property/land ownership? Dependent family? Financial investments?

Rithvik

Jan 22, 2018
How long was your trip?

What evidence did you submit to show proof of ties to Norway?
I planned the trip for 10 days

Inorder to prove the ties in Norway, I submitted the below documents,
1. Deputation Letter and Bonafide Letter got from the company I work.
2. Bank Statements in Norway as well as in India.
3. Leave Approval from my Manager, inorder to prove that I would be returning back in the mentioned date.
4. Rental Agreement for the residence in Norway.

Rithvik

Jan 22, 2018
The way I interpret this, it's not so much as the proof of your immigration status, but the mere fact that you are an expatriate, therefore you are more likely to want to stay permanently in Canada.

As scylla hinted at, getting a TRV approved isn't about proving your reasons for going to Canada, but proving your reasons to leave Canada (i.e. ties to Norway/India).
Inorder to prove the ties in Norway, I submitted the below documents,
3. Leave Approval from my Manager, inorder to prove that I would be returning back in the mentioned date.

I have only these proof of documents for the ties in Norway. So is there any other documents needs to submitted?
I have one more problem, My resident permit is valid only for a year, and it will be renewed every year. Is that a problem?

Rithvik

Jan 22, 2018
1. What documents did you submit?

2. How long have you been living in Norway? When does your current resident permit expire? When does your employment contract expire?

3. Do you have family who live with you in Norway? A rent contract?

4. What ties can you prove to India? Property/land ownership? Dependent family? Financial investments?
1.Inorder to prove the ties in Norway, I submitted the below documents,

2. I have been living in Norway for the past 1 year and 3 months. My current resident permit expires by November 2018(Usually it will be renewed every year). I am a full time employer, i have come to Norway on deputation from India.

3. No. I am single, I dont have a family with me residing in Norway. I have submitted Rental Agreement for the residence in Norway in my visitor visa application.

4. To prove the ties in India, I have Bank Statements and my parents reside back home.