+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Rejected

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
Hello,
I am a Canadian citizens, and I have a Peruvian girlfriend. Recently, me and my family decided to invite my girlfriend over for two weeks during her school break to spend some time here Canada. My family wants to get to know my girlfriend, and this would be the only time that works as we are so busy throughout the year.

Anyways,

We began the process.
My girlfriend went to get assistance from VFS (Application Center in Peru), to avoid any documents to be missing.
We included, invitation letter, proof of enough funds to cover her trip for two weeks (I had saved up $2000 for her trip), proof of income (My father has an salary of $90,000/ year), proof of her enrollment in post secondary education in Peru, our passports (me and my fathers), and all other documents that VFS required. Also, a round flight ticket was purchased in advance to show that she will be returning to Peru.

All this was submitted to the Visa Office in Peru.
In the end their response is:

X Travel history
X Purpose of Visit
X Personal Assets and Financial Status

Like what???????

Her purpose is to come to Canada and get to know my family and my country.
She doesn't have any travel history outside of Peru, but why would that matter? We bought the tickets in ADVANCE to show that she will be returning on the specific date we listed.
She may not have the funds to cover this trip for herself, but that is why I decided to be financially responsible for her during her stay in Canada. This feels like discrimination. Aren't people in the lower income bracket not allowed to visit Canada because of their low income?? I have declared full financial responsibility for her, and I even have proof that my money will be more than enough to cover for her expenses. We clearly stated in the letter that she will be living with me in my parents house, and that she would not have to be worried about paying for food or housing.

This is really frustrating for me right now.

Can someone please tell me how to proceed from here? Would there be any possibility to change the visa officers mind?

Her flight to Canada is booked for the 21st of February.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Alexibra111 said:
Her purpose is to come to Canada and get to know my family and my country.
It might be "normal" or "innocent" to you but for immigration purposes this is a red flag. You are importing a woman... with what purpose? To get married? To immigrate illegally? How can Canada know this is safe for you and your family and for her?

Anyway, the officer is not convinced of whatever you claimed.

Alexibra111 said:
She doesn't have any travel history outside of Peru, but why would that matter? We bought the tickets in ADVANCE to show that she will be returning on the specific date we listed.
It matters most. Has she travelled with you to other countries? CIC expects to see a serious ongoing relationship before "meeting parents" and "formalizing". Have you "sponsor" her in other trips? Immigration needs evidence to establish authentic purpose.

Round ticket is good but nothing prevents her from just using one ticket, marry you and overstaying her TRV.

Alexibra111 said:
She may not have the funds to cover this trip for herself, but that is why I decided to be financially responsible for her during her stay in Canada. This feels like discrimination. Aren't people in the lower income bracket not allowed to visit Canada because of their low income?? I have declared full financial responsibility for her, and I even have proof that my money will be more than enough to cover for her expenses. We clearly stated in the letter that she will be living with me in my parents house, and that she would not have to be worried about paying for food or housing.
Canada imposes TRVs to countries who CANNOT BE TRUSTED, so she has to show she has the financial means to afford the trip.

And basically you just confirmed she cannot afford the trip, making her totally dependable on you and your family. This is a red flag for everyone. And a hard one to overcome as she is a student and most probably won't be able to have the money in time for the trip.

What to do?

- If you want to sponsor her, send her the money, let it sit in her account for 3-4 months. Keep evidence of the deposit. Include with the application proof of the deposit sent/recieved and an explanation of the financial preparations for the trip.

Basically she needs to convince CIC that
1) she doesn't need to overstay her TRV
2) she can afford the trip
3) there is a solid reason for her to visit your parents

Good luck.

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
Thanks for your reply!
Sure I should have specified. My family know my girlfriend already. This might sounds weird but she is my cousins step sister (by blood we are not related), so my parents have meet her previously. I have been travelling to Peru twice this year to see her, and we though it is time for her to come to Canada to get to know my country and the family I have here.

We have traveled together previously. We travelled to Macchu Piccho in Peru. I was thinking to submit pictures of our trip there to prove that our relationship is real.

I understand that this may be a red flag as she doesnt have the financial means to cover her trip. But that is almost like discrimination. Why aren't lower income population able to travel and tourism anywhere they want? I don't want to lie to the CIC which is why we have decided to be truthful throughout our application process.

So you suggest then that I send her money to proof that she has enough funding to be able to provide for herself?
What would be a solid reason? My father wrote an invitation letter stating that we were all really excited for her to come over and get to know the rest of the family, and do some tourism over some cool locations across Ontario

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
Anyone who could please help us out in this situation would be really helpful.
Me and my girlfriend are heartbroken right now, but we are not going to give up.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Alexibra111 said:
I understand that this may be a red flag as she doesnt have the financial means to cover her trip. But that is almost like discrimination. Why aren't lower income population able to travel and tourism anywhere they want? I don't want to lie to the CIC which is why we have decided to be truthful throughout our application process.
Low income people from countries that require TRVs have proven to be not trustworthy, overstaying their authorized stay or working illegally in Canada.

To overcome this she would have to prove that she has no reason to do so. At this point she has failed to do so. (SHE, not you or your family).

Alexibra111 said:
So you suggest then that I send her money to proof that she has enough funding to be able to provide for herself?
What would be a solid reason? My father wrote an invitation letter stating that we were all really excited for her to come over and get to know the rest of the family, and do some tourism over some cool locations across Ontario
Yes. This is a general way of doing this. Giving her money gives certainty that she can be trusted.

Again. This is an application SHE has to get by HERSELF. Whatever your parents or you say is secondary.