+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa rejected - third time

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
If your parents had strong application profiles then IRCC would have also granted a TRV to your sister when she applied with your parents in 2012 or in 2015. Your sister is the family tie for your parents to return to. This is a fairly common strategy in cases where IRCC believes the parent(s) might overstay/not return to their home country.

Also, you probably got your PR in 2014-15, and that's why IRCC granted your parents TRVs in 2015. They were again recently granted TRVs because they had already proved that they were genuine short-stay visitors on their previous TRVs.

One size does not fit all. Other applicants probably have stronger ties to their home country than your sister. Visas are not granted purely based on luck, and nothing is unfair although it might seem like that to applicants who are refused.

The first step is to acknowledge that your sister has a weak application profile + her previous applications did not work. If the documents/evidence were adequate or if they had the ability to convince the visa officers that your sister is a genuine visitor then she would not have been refused three times.

If one keeps an open mind that is receptive to suggestions then it is possible to prepare a better application
So I wasn't a pr when they first got the visa

Yeah I do acknowledge that.

Now my question is should I apply again right away?

The only additions I can think of are an even more detailed explanation letter and a an affidavit swearing she will return.

Any other suggestions?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So I wasn't a pr when they first got the visa

Yeah I do acknowledge that.

Now my question is should I apply again right away?

The only additions I can think of are an even more detailed explanation letter and a an affidavit swearing she will return.

Any other suggestions?
No, do not reapply right away. It won't work because she does not have strong ties to Pakistan.

Affidavits won't work either because they cannot be enforced.

What will work is actual evidence of a better financial situation + stronger ties, etc.

You can order GCMS notes. Maybe there's some observation in there that could help

Reactions: scylla

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
No, do not reapply right away. It won't work because she does not have strong ties to Pakistan.

Affidavits won't work either because they cannot be enforced.

What will work is actual evidence of a better financial situation + stronger ties, etc.

You can order GCMS notes. Maybe there's some observation in there that could help
Okay so there is none and won't be in the near future any more evidence of financial situation and ties

And I repeat they haven't given financial situation as a reason of refusal. Neither back in 2012 or 2015 nor now. That is covered I would say

Ties yes in all 3 refusals. That may tie in to finances I figure.

My belief is you get visa by applying. These are the docs and in my heart and mind I know there are no ill intentions.

Already ordered the notes. Lets see.

I am thinking its only the application fee that she'll have to pay. The docs are all the same. Might as well re apply and then God forbid if it gets refused again then give up for a while

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am thinking its only the application fee that she'll have to pay. The docs are all the same. Might as well re apply and then God forbid if it gets refused again then give up for a while
It's most unfortunate that you are taking risks with your sister's visa applications. I would not do this to someone I care about.

You must remember that she will need to declare these 3 (and most probably a fourth visa refusal if she reapplies with identical documents) for all her future visa applications to Canada and/or other countries. It's not a matter of only CAD 100 for the application fees.

If you are unable to accept that there is something wrong in the paperwork that you have prepared.... then please seek professional help from a qualified immigration lawyer. S/he will be able to convince you.

Visas are serious matters and should not be taken lightly nor by incorrectly assuming that there's absolutely nothing else to add/change to the application

Reactions: scylla

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
It's most unfortunate that you are taking risks with your sister's visa applications. I would not do this to someone I care about.

You must remember that she will need to declare these 3 (and most probably a fourth visa refusal if she reapplies with identical documents) for all her future visa applications to Canada and/or other countries. It's not a matter of only CAD 100 for the application fees.

If you are unable to accept that there is something wrong in the paperwork that you have prepared.... then please seek professional help from a qualified immigration lawyer. S/he will be able to convince you.

Visas are serious matters and should not be taken lightly nor by incorrectly assuming that there's absolutely nothing else to add/change to the application
I completely understand and accept the reality of the situation.

And I am taking it very seriously. Don't get me wrong.

What do you think about her doing a US visa application. My parents were going to apply so she can apply with them?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I completely understand and accept the reality of the situation.

And I am taking it very seriously. Don't get me wrong.

What do you think about her doing a US visa application. My parents were going to apply so she can apply with them?
Both countries have different visa processes. So, it is difficult to tell about her chances of getting a US visa.

I highly recommend you consult an experienced immigration lawyer instead of a DIY although I think your sister must reapply only after she has established stronger ties to Pakistan

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@SFKAS Hi, I am in exactly same situation as yours. Can you please tell me what you discovered in the GCMS notes?
Also, what happened later with her application? Did you apply or seeked professional help?
Will be great if you can share your experience. Thanks in advance.

STA77

Oct 24, 2019
If your parents had strong application profiles then IRCC would have also granted a TRV to your sister when she applied with your parents in 2012 or in 2015. Your sister is the family tie for your parents to return to. This is a fairly common strategy in cases where IRCC believes the parent(s) might overstay/not return to their home country.

Also, you probably got your PR in 2014-15, and that's why IRCC granted your parents TRVs in 2015. They were again recently granted TRVs because they had already proved that they were genuine short-stay visitors on their previous TRVs.

One size does not fit all. Other applicants probably have stronger ties to their home country than your sister. Visas are not granted purely based on luck, and nothing is unfair although it might seem like that to applicants who are refused.

The first step is to acknowledge that your sister has a weak application profile + her previous applications did not work. If the documents/evidence were adequate or if they had the ability to convince the visa officers that your sister is a genuine visitor then she would not have been refused three times.

If one keeps an open mind that is receptive to suggestions then it is possible to prepare a better application
There is no criteria. Those sitting in the visa office are ineligible for assessing an application and if i am given a chance i can prove it. First they need to put qualified and eligible people and thats the only way we can have fiar decisions. I live in Canada and met many people everyday and wondered how did they get the visa and how thay manage to clear the immigration. A big question mark. K have seen many deserving people getting rejected who provide truthful information and seen many who gave false info and got multiple visa.