+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Rejected for Mother In Law-- Help Needed!!

PeachShark

Jan 17, 2015
Hi All,

I have applied for a visitor visa (3 weeks) for my Mother In law and it got rejected with the following reasons:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
1. Travel History
2. Purpose of Visit
3. Personal Assets and Financial Status

I would like to apply again, could someone suggest what extra documents do I need to submit in order to get the visa approval?

In the purpose of visit we have written that she will be visiting her daughter and son-in-law and few places in Canada, but haven't mentioned a detailed itinerary.

She doesn't have any travel history, not sure how that can be tackled.

For the personal assets and financial status, we provided the land in my mother in laws name, which is notarized describing where the land is and the value of it both in INR and CAD, submitted the bank statement with balance $1500 CAD. Haven't submitted any document from my Father In Law side that he supports her wife, this might be one of the issue why it is rejected.

Eagerly waiting for reply.

Thanks in Advance for taking time to read my post and replying.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

In the purpose of visit we have written that she will be visiting her daughter and son-in-law and few places in Canada, but haven't mentioned a detailed itinerary.
A detailed, day-by-day itinerary would help.

She doesn't have any travel history, not sure how that can be tackled.
There's nothing you can do about this. TRVs have been issued to first-time travelers if they are able to demonstrate a strong purpose of visit + strong reasons to return to their home countries.

For the personal assets and financial status, we provided the land in my mother in laws name, which is notarized describing where the land is and the value of it both in INR and CAD,
Notarized documents don't help. She should submit copies of the land ownership documents + the valuation + any taxes paid for this.

Is it agricultural land? If yes, does she earn an income from it? Does she pay taxes or submits a Form J?
Or is it a commercial or residential plot of land? If yes, does she have government approvals or building sanction plans? Financial resources to construct/develop the land? And when?

submitted the bank statement with balance $1500 CAD.
I suspect this is one of the key reasons for the refusal. A weak financial situation indicates the possibility of an overstay.

Unofficially: CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare although you might pay for the entire visit.

Does she have FDs, RDs, shares/stocks?
Does she earn rental income?
Or does she get a pension?

Haven't submitted any document from my Father In Law side that he supports her wife, this might be one of the issue why it is rejected
You might want to include a Letter of Financial Support from your father-in-law + his bank statement + his ITRs. None of the funds in his account should be borrowed.

Does your mom-in-law live with other dependent family members (unmarried children or in-laws)?

Cheers

Reactions: scylla