+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refused !

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
That is not a lot for a 6-7 week visit if you include your airfare.
Doesn’t mean all siblings will be approved but there is definitely link between approval and having a US visa.
If you can't sustain yourself, and you need your brother to pay for your accomodation and basic needs, it would be difficult to believe you have sufficient financial means to travel to Canada and leave promptly.

Your purpose is also very vague and you don't even have a proper itinerary.
Guys, I'd like you to review this new one. Also, should I prepare a separate day to day itinerary or this one's sufficient? Thanks!!

Subject: Purpose of Travel.

Dear Respected Officer,
My Name is xxxx and I am an Indian Citizen living in Delhi, India. I am planning to visit my younger brother, xxxx , a Permanent Resident of Canada who has invited me for a visit to Alberta, Canada from December 19th, 2021 to January 7th, 2022.

The whole intent of my visit is to reunite with xxxx after such a long time and celebrate Christmas holidays together like we used to do in Childhood. During this visit, I intend to visit Banff National Park, Terwillegar Park, Hawrelak Park, Shopping malls, see White Christmas festival, NYE fireworks and go on a road trip to Jasper. However, this all depends on the local covid restrictions during that time that what all places we can cover. Otherwise, we wouldn't mind celebrating Christmas together with festive cocktails, movie marathons and making some Instagram reels. I hope that my visit and our mother's handmade ladoos (which I will bring for my brother) will provide a morale boost in his life after a long covid-stricken stress.

I am very much financially capable of taking care of my expenses for this trip, which is why I have earmarked INR xxxxx in my HDFC Bank account to buy flight tickets, international travel insurance and all other expenditures required for my 20 days trip in Canada. Besides, xxxx in my ICICI Bank account and my credit card having a limit of INR xxx will act as my buffer accounts.

I work in a reputed MNC, xxx India ltd as an Associate Consultant from last 5 years drawing a yearly salary of xxxx. My leave for this duration is already approved. I will leave Canada on 7th January, 2022 as I need to report back to my workplace in the 2nd week of January, 2022 as the new Financial Year kicks in with some important client visits and meetings.

I own a 2 storey house in a posh area of sector xxxxx, Gurgaon, a metropolitan city, having a market worth around xxxxx. I have also got other investments including pension funds, provident funds, fixed deposits and equities in my name.

I have no intention to overstay in Canada due to my work commitments and social circle which is entirely based in Delhi NCR region including my aged parents who stay with me at my current address. My fiance, xxxx, a corporate lawyer by profession also lives in the same city.

Please find the following documents to support my visa application enclosed herewith:
1. Employment letter, Increment letter, Payslips, ITRs, ID Card
2. Bank Statements, Fixed Deposits, PFs, Credit Card statements, stock holdings
3. House registration paper

I hope that this information will sufficiently demonstrate my intentions of travel as well as my ties to India, and allow you to issue the necessary visitor’s visa to me. I will be at your disposal to provide you with any additional documents if required.

Thank you for your time and kind consideration of my visitor visa application.

Yours Sincerely,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys, I'd like you to review this new one. Also, should I prepare a separate day to day itinerary or this one's sufficient? Thanks!!

Dear Respected Officer,
My Name is xxxx and I am an Indian Citizen living in Delhi, India. I am planning to visit my younger brother, xxxx , a Permanent Resident of Canada who has invited me for a visit to Alberta, Canada from December 19th, 2021 to January 7th, 2022.

The whole intent of my visit is to reunite with xxxx after such a long time and celebrate Christmas holidays together like we used to do in Childhood. During this visit, I intend to visit Banff National Park, Terwillegar Park, Hawrelak Park, Shopping malls, see White Christmas festival, NYE fireworks and go on a road trip to Jasper. However, this all depends on the local covid restrictions during that time that what all places we can cover. Otherwise, we wouldn't mind celebrating Christmas together with festive cocktails, movie marathons and making some Instagram reels. I hope that my visit and our mother's handmade ladoos (which I will bring for my brother) will provide a morale boost in his life after a long covid-stricken stress.

I am very much financially capable of taking care of my expenses for this trip, which is why I have earmarked INR xxxxx in my HDFC Bank account to buy flight tickets, international travel insurance and all other expenditures required for my 20 days trip in Canada. Besides, xxxx in my ICICI Bank account and my credit card having a limit of INR xxx will act as my buffer accounts.

I work in a reputed MNC, xxx India ltd as an Associate Consultant from last 5 years drawing a yearly salary of xxxx. My leave for this duration is already approved. I will leave Canada on 7th January, 2022 as I need to report back to my workplace in the 2nd week of January, 2022 as the new Financial Year kicks in with some important client visits and meetings.

I own a 2 storey house in a posh area of sector xxxxx, Gurgaon, a metropolitan city, having a market worth around xxxxx. I have also got other investments including pension funds, provident funds, fixed deposits and equities in my name.

I have no intention to overstay in Canada due to my work commitments and social circle which is entirely based in Delhi NCR region including my aged parents who stay with me at my current address. My fiance, xxxx, a corporate lawyer by profession also lives in the same city.

Please find the following documents to support my visa application enclosed herewith:

I hope that this information will sufficiently demonstrate my intentions of travel as well as my ties to India, and allow you to issue the necessary visitor’s visa to me. I will be at your disposal to provide you with any additional documents if required.

Yours Sincerely,
You have a good profile but have you done biometrics because processing is at least 128 days? You will not get a response by Christmas. Don’t need to say you live at a posh address. As for itinerary, the parks are Edmonton parks and what is the White Christmas Festival. Given it is the holidays, are you really doing all that - Jasper and Banff. Kept the itinerary simple since you are there to see your brother after such a long time.

Reactions: Jeet221990

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
You have a good profile but have you done biometrics because processing is at least 128 days? You will not get a response by Christmas. Don’t need to say you live at a posh address. As for itinerary, the parks are Edmonton parks and what is the White Christmas Festival. Given it is the holidays, are you really doing all that - Jasper and Banff. Kept the itinerary simple since you are there to see your brother after such a long time.
Thank you, took your points into consideration.

Szak3213

Feb 3, 2019
Could be some,,,but in many instances, personally for me and for other other friends and neighbors, I have seen refusal for well established siblings in India including doctors, professors. For 50+ applicants it is usually approved.
100% correct. Brother sister visit is auto refusal specially if they are young. exceptions may be there
They are under impression that people are dying to reach Canada so they treat us accordingly. Think , can they write such insulting refusal letters to uk/us/eu pasport holders.

Last edited:

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019

Dear Respected Officer,

Yours Sincerely,
I don't think this will fly. From this letter it seems like you are trying too hard to get to Canada, so I would suggest keep it simple and straight.

Suddenly, your trip has been shortned and you have work committments whereas just days back you had no work committments for 2 months. Also from what I know, Christmas is not a big holiday in India and for you to claim that you want to enjoy it like your childhood days also won't hold much grounds.

Lastly, like others said the time is too short for your December travel; so it's going to be a tough one! All the best!

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, where do I get the biometrics done for my brother who applied for visit visa 2 days ago? He lives in Guntur, AP

varmatech324

Jul 8, 2021
Hi guys!

My visitor application (applied in Aug 21) has been denied on the grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.

I attached bank letter showing 5.5 INR and salary slips/ITRs and Here's my purpose of letter:

My Name is xxx (Passport No: xxxx, DOB: Xxx), and I am an Indian
Citizen living in Delhi, India. I am planning to visit my younger brother, xxxx
Xxx, on November 15th, 2021 for 6-7 weeks.

The whole intent of my visit is to reunite with my brother, whom I haven't met in more than 5 years,
the longest gap of time ever. During my visit, we mostly plan to stay indoors and spend our
precious time together, cherishing childhood memories. He has already arranged
accommodation for me and will look towards my basic needs.
As the work load is quite light during the months of December and January due to Christmas
holidays, my manager has allowed me to take leaves during this time. I have no desire
whatsoever to overstay in Canada if given a visa as I already have a very established lifestyle in
my country, India. I work in a reputed MNC, xxxx India ltd as an Associate Consultant,
Quality Assurance drawing a good salary. Besides, I own a property in Gurgaon, a metropolitan
city, which I purchased few years back on my own. I also have various funds available in my
pension and provident funds. Also, my entire social circle is based in the Delhi NCR region
including my parents who are dependent on me and stay with me at the current address.
I am attaching some evidences in the 2 annexures attached along with this letter in the following
sequence:
1. My employment letter with recent Increment Letter
2. Gurgaon's Property Sale deed

P.S. I'm also FSW-O (Nov 20 AOR) applicant.

I understand I could have give more details in purpose of letter and fail to understand about personal assets and financial status as I earn good salary and shown property sale deed as well.

Any comments guys? Thanks!
Hi Did you re-submitted the application ? My Mother visa rejected with same reason. I clearly told that I am the one, will be responsible for all her expensed in Canada. I showed the bank balance around 30K CAD. Still it got rejected.

Any suggestions ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Did you re-submitted the application ? My Mother visa rejected with same reason. I clearly told that I am the one, will be responsible for all her expensed in Canada. I showed the bank balance around 30K CAD. Still it got rejected.

Any suggestions ?
Are you PR or citizen? If you meet LICO, then apply for a super visa. If not she does need to show her own funds. Having someone in Canada covering all expenses give a view that she will not return to her home country and can't afford to come to Canada. She needs to show her bank statements and any liquid funds.

varmatech324

Jul 8, 2021
Are you PR or citizen? If you meet LICO, then apply for a super visa. If not she does need to show her own funds. Having someone in Canada covering all expenses give a view that she will not return to her home country and can't afford to come to Canada. She needs to show her bank statements and any liquid funds.
Yes, I am PR. Yes, I meet LICO. May be I need to go super visa. Is Super VISA needs to applied from new portal or from GC key account ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I am PR. Yes, I meet LICO. May be I need to go super visa. Is Super VISA needs to applied from new portal or from GC key account ?
If you are PR and have NOA meeting LICO that is the way to go if she doesn't have her own funds. Not sure about where to apply.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Its old thread but nevertheless. Applying for TRV while your immigrant peition is underway is always risky as you come in window of "dual intent". I was just in process of OINP when my work permit was filed by Fragomen. When I informed Fragomen about OINP and I had a detailed call with lawyer. They also asked me complete bank details of past 6 months which they hadn't done earlier.

They clearly mentioned TRV (work permit, visitor visa) are granted depending on the question "Would you overstay in Canada illegally if PR application is refused?". Can a person earning 4 or 5 lacs in India overstay in Canada? Maybe.
Can a person earning 30+ lacs INR in India overstay illegally in Canada? Likely Not.

S0007

Jun 18, 2023
Hi Team,

I applied Visitor Visa for my parents on 18 August,2021 on old portal.

Application refused on 4 February ,2023

I am on PR. My Parents showed around 42Lac(INR) = CAD$71320 funds. My Mother is a house wife and father retired govt employee. I have one younger brother who is currently working in India.

File rejected with below reasons:-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

I ordered GCMS Notes .Below are the notes :-

I have reviewed the application.
I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
Taking the PA's purpose of visit into account, the documentation provided in support of the PA's financial situation does not demonstrate that the PA is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the PA's socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the PA will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

I am thinking to apply again .Please advise me how to proceed on this.