Visitor Visa Refused !

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
Hi guys!

My visitor application (applied in Aug 21) has been denied on the grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.

I attached bank letter showing 5.5 INR and salary slips/ITRs and Here's my purpose of letter:

My Name is xxx (Passport No: xxxx, DOB: Xxx), and I am an Indian
Citizen living in Delhi, India. I am planning to visit my younger brother, xxxx
Xxx, on November 15th, 2021 for 6-7 weeks.

The whole intent of my visit is to reunite with my brother, whom I haven't met in more than 5 years,
the longest gap of time ever. During my visit, we mostly plan to stay indoors and spend our
precious time together, cherishing childhood memories. He has already arranged
accommodation for me and will look towards my basic needs.
As the work load is quite light during the months of December and January due to Christmas
holidays, my manager has allowed me to take leaves during this time. I have no desire
whatsoever to overstay in Canada if given a visa as I already have a very established lifestyle in
my country, India. I work in a reputed MNC, xxxx India ltd as an Associate Consultant,
Quality Assurance drawing a good salary. Besides, I own a property in Gurgaon, a metropolitan
city, which I purchased few years back on my own. I also have various funds available in my
pension and provident funds. Also, my entire social circle is based in the Delhi NCR region
including my parents who are dependent on me and stay with me at the current address.
I am attaching some evidences in the 2 annexures attached along with this letter in the following
sequence:
1. My employment letter with recent Increment Letter
2. Gurgaon's Property Sale deed

P.S. I'm also FSW-O (Nov 20 AOR) applicant.

I understand I could have give more details in purpose of letter and fail to understand about personal assets and financial status as I earn good salary and shown property sale deed as well.

Any comments guys? Thanks!

Susmit M

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Visiting brother/sister is an automatic reason for refusal unless you have US B1/B2 visa or a very established/elderly person in India. Sorry but this the reality.

Reactions: Jeet221990

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Visiting brother/sister is an automatic reason for refusal unless you have US B1/B2 visa or a very established/elderly person in India. Sorry but this the reality.
Also OP is FSW-O applicant so officers don’t believe OP will return to home country. You need to show your own funds for your visit too.

Last edited:

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Hi guys!

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.

I attached bank letter showing 5.5 INR and salary slips/ITRs and Here's my purpose of letter:

The whole intent of my visit is to reunite with my brother, whom I haven't met in more than 5 years,
the longest gap of time ever. During my visit, we mostly plan to stay indoors and spend our
As the work load is quite light during the months of December and January due to Christmas
holidays, my manager has allowed me to take leaves during this time. I have no desire
whatsoever to overstay in Canada if given a visa as I already have a very established lifestyle in
my country, India. I work in a reputed MNC, xxxx India ltd as an Associate Consultant,
Quality Assurance drawing a good salary. Besides, I own a property in Gurgaon, a metropolitan
city, which I purchased few years back on my own. I also have various funds available in my
pension and provident funds. Also, my entire social circle is based in the Delhi NCR region
including my parents who are dependent on me and stay with me at the current address.
I am attaching some evidences in the 2 annexures attached along with this letter in the following
sequence:

I understand I could have give more details in purpose of letter and fail to understand about personal assets and financial status as I earn good salary and shown property sale deed as well.

If you can't sustain yourself, and you need your brother to pay for your accomodation and basic needs, it would be difficult to believe you have sufficient financial means to travel to Canada and leave promptly.

Your purpose is also very vague and you don't even have a proper itinerary.

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys!

financial status.

sequence:

You can’t state that you have to intentions of remaining in Canada while also have a current express entry application. The fact that you are dependent on your brother for financial support is a big negative. The fact that you can take 6-7 weeks off from your job weakens your ties to India. Most employers would only be able to survive for up to a month for employees that they are dependent on. Visiting for 6-7 weeks to spend time visiting when you are still working and don’t have a large amount saved doesn’t make a lot of sense. Would suggest saving more and asking to travel for 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: Jeet221990

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
You can’t state that you have to intentions of remaining in Canada while also have a current express entry application. The fact that you are dependent on your brother for financial support is a big negative. The fact that you can take 6-7 weeks off from your job weakens your ties to India. Most employers would only be able to survive for up to a month for employees that they are dependent on. Visiting for 6-7 weeks to spend time visiting when you are still working and don’t have a large amount saved doesn’t make a lot of sense. Would suggest saving more and asking to travel for 3-4 weeks.
I agree, I should have shortened the trip and provided more details of this trip but concerned more about 'financial status and personal assets'. I provided my property papers, employment multiple proofs and bank letter stating 5.5 INR (around 9K CAD)

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

Susmit M

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
This isn’t correct. Siblings visit each other all the time without a US visa.
Could be some,,,but in many instances, personally for me and for other other friends and neighbors, I have seen refusal for well established siblings in India including doctors, professors. For 50+ applicants it is usually approved.

Reactions: Szak3213

Kingk0ng

Sep 18, 2021
Hi guys!

financial status.

sequence:

Do you have a travel history?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Could be some,,,but in many instances, personally for me and for other other friends and neighbors, I have seen refusal for well established siblings in India including doctors, professors. For 50+ applicants it is usually approved.
Doesn’t mean all siblings will be approved but there is definitely link between approval and having a US visa.