+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refused !

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Team,

I applied Visitor Visa for my parents on 18 August,2021 on old portal.

Application refused on 4 February ,2023

I am on PR. My Parents showed around 42Lac(INR) = CAD$71320 funds. My Mother is a house wife and father retired govt employee. I have one younger brother who is currently working in India.

File rejected with below reasons:-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

I ordered GCMS Notes .Below are the notes :-

I have reviewed the application.
I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
Taking the PA's purpose of visit into account, the documentation provided in support of the PA's financial situation does not demonstrate that the PA is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the PA's socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the PA will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

I am thinking to apply again .Please advise me how to proceed on this.
So the $71k was in cash? Not FD, investments etc.? How long was visit? What are their ties to return? Younger brother is not a tie unless a dependant. If he is working then he has his own life.

If you are PR, then what about supervisa?

S0007

Jun 18, 2023
So the $71k was in cash? Not FD, investments etc.? How long was visit? What are their ties to return? Younger brother is not a tie unless a dependent. If he is working then he has his own life.

If you are PR, then what about supervisa?
Most of the amount is in FD. Visit was for 8 weeks. for ties I just mentioned about my brother. I didn't attach any CA report.

I didn't apply for super visa because they will not stay more than 2-3 months.

In purpose of travel document . My parents mentioned that they just want to meet me (daughter) and son-in-law and explore Canada then return to India where we have our own home and son who is currently studying. (In 2021 brother was in college when I applied)

Should I have to attach CA report in which I have to mention about house which is immoveable property?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Most of the amount is in FD. Visit was for 8 weeks. for ties I just mentioned about my brother. I didn't attach any CA report.

In purpose of travel document . My parents mentioned that they just want to meet me (daughter) and son-in-law and explore Canada then return to India where we have our own home and son who is currently studying. (In 2021 brother was in college when I applied)

Should I have to attach CA report in which I have to mention about house which is immoveable property?
So how much in cash? Need to show cash to support visit for 2 months plus airfare/insurance. How are they exploring Canada by air, car or rail? What was the two month itinerary to explore the country?

So your brother is under 22, lives with them and depends on them? If not, not a tie.

If staying for several months, then consider a supervisa since funds may not be enough.

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023

ca report or property valuation is needed when there is need to show ties to home country from property pov. you can attach that but u will also need to attach property papers in english