+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa refused

Giuliana

Star Member
Oct 8, 2008
Hi guys,
today is a bad day. My boyfriend received the refused letter for his visitor visa. Obviuosly no reason in there.
He has to leave canada immediatly.
Is it true that immediatly is 30 days?
What happens if he goes to Buffalo and re-enter? What can he say to the officer at the boarder?
Or if he goes back to his country, then when he can come back and the same what can he say to them?
Please help us...
thank you
Giuliana

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Giuliana said:
Hi guys,
today is a bad day. My boyfriend received the refused letter for his visitor visa. Obviuosly no reason in there.
He has to leave canada immediatly.
Is it true that immediatly is 30 days?
What happens if he goes to Buffalo and re-enter? What can he say to the officer at the boarder?
Or if he goes back to his country, then when he can come back and the same what can he say to them?
Please help us...
thank you
Giuliana
No, it means right away, but they probably won't start looking for about 30 days. If he tries to re-enter, there is an excellent chance that he will be refused again and this time an order maybe issued. Also it depends on his citizenship and whether he needs/has a valid visa for the US or Canada. From the sounds of it, he requires a visitor visa to enter Canada? When he applies if he can't show ties to his home country then it is likely to be a refusal. Really not enough information.

1. Does he need a TRV to enter Canada, does he have a valid one.
2. Does he need a visitor visitor visa to enter the US, does he have one.

PMM

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Giuliana said:
can someone please give me a good advice?
Thank you I will appreciate it.
Hi,

A bit confused. If he is Italian and he does not need a visa to enter Canada, why did he apply for one and why was he denied? More clarification would help. Is it an extension for the visit he applied for? When did he arrive in Canada? How long a stay was he given?

Giuliana

Star Member
Oct 8, 2008
ok. This is the story. He came in July 2009 as a visitor and then he applied for an extension as a visitor but today he it has been refused.
So the problem is, what is the best thing that he can do? Because he has to leave immediately Canada.
Hope now is more clear, sorry.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Giuliana said:
ok. This is the story. He came in July 2009 as a visitor and then he applied for an extension as a visitor but today he it has been refused.
So the problem is, what is the best thing that he can do? Because he has to leave immediately Canada.
Hope now is more clear, sorry.
Was there a reason given for the refusal? I have read posts/advice to some who had been refused visit extension to apply for restoration of status but if there is no compelling reason for him to restore his status, it would be turned down again. It would probably be to his best interest to leave now. If he leaves now he would have shown good faith so that in the event he comes back in the future, he could cite his going out of the country as soon as he had received the result of his extension request.

Giuliana

Star Member
Oct 8, 2008
yes he is going to leave the country,but my question is, when do you think he can come back again? And then do you think at the boarder or airport he is going to have some problems when he come back again?
thank you

Giuliana

Star Member
Oct 8, 2008
and there is no reason on the letter, just because the officer doesn't think that he is going to leave the country if he gives him the extension.

Dec 11, 2009
Ciao Giuliana...

Gia tornato il sabato scorso senza problemi. La prima volta sono stata in Canada per 5 mesi. Ho partito a gennaio (per 5-6 settimane piu o meno) e quando arrivata alla porta non mi ha detto niente il "POE", pure senza biglietto "ritorno". Mi da un'altro 6 mesi.

Secondo me, si puo ritornare ancora dopo la partenza come io. Gia l'ho fatto. Lui deve partire adesso se no, potrebbe comprometta la prossima volta.

Da dove sei? Siamo italiani....mio fidanzato italo-canadese ed io italo-argentina...

In bocca al lupo....non ti preoccupare, non e difficile per gli italiani....You will kill yourself thinking about it day and night!

Giuliana

Star Member
Oct 8, 2008
Ciao ,si io sono Italiana e my boyfriend as well. we are from Naples
This morning he went to speak to an immigration lawyer.
La nostra paura è che in theyr computer they can see that he has been refused for the extension....
We are really worry about it, because I can not stay here without him....
I let u know,
thanks for your words

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Giuliana said:
Ciao ,si io sono Italiana e my boyfriend as well. we are from Naples
This morning he went to speak to an immigration lawyer.
La nostra paura è che in theyr computer they can see that he has been refused for the extension....
We are really worry about it, because I can not stay here without him....
I let u know,
thanks for your words
There was a member in another forum (citizen of the UK) whose request for an extension was refused, back in November. He left Canada. And has been back to Canada again and has started his PR application - spousal/common law. I can't find his post of when he came back but I think he left when he received his letter of refusal so as not jeopardize his being able to come back and stay while the sponsorship is being processed.

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From reading the OP, the boyfriend came into Canada in July 09 which means that he could legally stay until Jan 2010. (6 months). Maybe they applied for an extension but was over the 6 month allowment period, making them inelligible for an extension because they overstayed.