+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refused over 179(b)

Harrry

Feb 12, 2020
Hi guys,

My father's visitor visa refused twice. Reason for refusal 2nd time was

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Please note that my father have immovable property worth of 250k CAD. He 32k CAD total in 4 different Fixed deposit accounts and 2300 CAD in running account. He is an agriculturalist and I have attached Jforms for 2 crops in total of 14k CAD per year.
Purpose of visit was to come here and celebrate my birthday which is on april 6 and to visit some parts of city winnipeg. He work 16 years in UAE as a truck driver and use to come to India for vacations after year or 2. and after coming back in 2015 he never went back as he started doing farming at his home since than.

He is a single parent. My 2 sisters are married and don't live with him. My dad lives with brother ., sister in law and thier son. how can I put it as family ties?

Documents attached:
Applicants-
CA letter
Property valuation reports
Jewelry valuation report
Jforms
property on lease documents
passport

Invitor's-
Passport
post graduate work permit
employment letter
paystubs of last 3 months
T4's of year 2017 and 2018
NOA of 2018
Tax summary report of 2017 and 2018
Invitation letter

Can you please let me know what I can improve in my dad's application to get approval this time? How long should I wait to apply again for the third time? Finances are really good still getting one of the refusal reason as assets and finances why? what can I improve in purpose of travel? what can I improve in family ties?

Please help me out guys thanks

Harrry

Feb 12, 2020
Hi guys,

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Please note that my father have immovable property worth of 250k CAD. He 32k CAD total in 4 different Fixed deposit accounts and 2300 CAD in running account. He is an agriculturalist and I have attached Jforms for 2 crops in total of 14k CAD per year.

Purpose of visit was to come here and celebrate my birthday which is on april 6 and to visit some parts of city winnipeg. He work 16 years in UAE as a truck driver and use to come to India for vacations after year or 2. and after coming back in 2015 he never went back as he started doing farming at his home since than.

He is a single parent. My 2 sisters are married and don't live with him. My dad lives with brother ., sister in law and thier son. how can I put it as family ties?

Documents attached:

Applicants-

CA letter

Jewelry valuation report

Jforms

passport

Invitor's-

Passport

employment letter

NOA of 2018

Invitation letter

Can you please let me know what I can improve in my dad's application to get approval this time? How long should I wait to apply again for the third time? Finances are really good still getting one of the refusal reason as assets and finances why? what can I improve in purpose of travel? what can I improve in family ties?

Jassar86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Please post the separate list of documents for your wife + yourself + your host
Can i make my wife PA in trv as she is government teacher and i am self employed. My brother is PR.....making her main applicant bcuz she has goid bank balance and ITRs as compared to me...please suggest

Jassar86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Can i make my wife PA in trv as she is government teacher and i am self employed. My brother is PR.....making her main applicant bcuz she has goid bank balance and ITRs as compared to me...please suggest
We don’t have any property on our name....i run my own business with annual income of 5 lacs...shud i get Tax details of my brother in canada bcuz we will live at his house fir 15 day trip....i was refused week ago as i showed majority of money in current account of my business as iam sole proprietor....just confused and planning to re apply in 4 months with proper planning

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

Documents attached:
Applicants-
CA letter
Jewelry valuation report
Jforms
passport

Invitor's-
Passport
employment letter
NOA of 2018
Invitation letter

You need liquid assets to pay for things. $2300 will cover your flight and some small expenses. That is why he Is finances are an issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We don’t have any property on our name....i run my own business with annual income of 5 lacs...shud i get Tax details of my brother in canada bcuz we will live at his house fir 15 day trip....i was refused week ago as i showed majority of money in current account of my business as iam sole proprietor....just confused and planning to re apply in 4 months with proper planning
Finances must be from your personal account. Your brother’s finances can be included but you still have to prove that you can afford to stay elsewhere.

Jassar86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Finances must be from your personal account. Your brother’s finances can be included but you still have to prove that you can afford to stay elsewhere.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sure if you want. As a married couple you can say you support each other financially and submit both of your accounts.

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
Hey all,

My sister, her husband and her kid were denied visitor for the following reasons:

I had submitted the following documents:
Proof of employment
Payslips
Tax returns
Account statement
Property document
Kid’s nursery admission letter
Screenshot of planned flight itinerary
And day-to-day itinerary for 2 weeks

What did I miss? Would attaching leave approval email from their managers and flight tickets help?
I’m a PR and would greatly appreciate any advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all,

My sister, her husband and her kid were denied visitor for the following reasons:

I had submitted the following documents:
Proof of employment
Payslips
Tax returns
Account statement
Property document
Kid’s nursery admission letter
Screenshot of planned flight itinerary
And day-to-day itinerary for 2 weeks

What did I miss? Would attaching leave approval email from their managers and flight tickets help?
I’m a PR and would greatly appreciate any advice.
Have they ever travelled before as a whole family? Especially to a country similar to Canada? Do you have more family in Canada other than you? Have they ever applied to immigrate, study or work in Canada?

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
Have they ever travelled before as a whole family? Especially to a country similar to Canada? Do you have more family in Canada other than you? Have they ever applied to immigrate, study or work in Canada?
They have traveled quite a bit but only to south East Asian countries.
No, it’s just me in Canada.
No, they have never applied to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They have traveled quite a bit but only to south East Asian countries.
No, it’s just me in Canada.
No, they have never applied to Canada.
Travel history would not be counted then. Do they have good longterm employment that pays well? Do your parents have a supervisa or visa? Do you only have one sibling? Are they living in your home country or in a 3rd country?

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
Travel history would not be counted then. Do they have good longterm employment that pays well? Do your parents have a supervisa or visa? Do you only have one sibling? Are they living in your home country or in a 3rd country?
Yes, they make good and stable income.
I have applied for my parents’ supervisa. It’s on hold cause of my dad’s additional medical tests -sputum for TB (local doctor confirmed that he doesn’t have TB through molecular biology test)
I only have one sibling and everyone’s living in home country.
Btw thanks for replying!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, they make good and stable income.
I have applied for my parents’ supervisa. It’s on hold cause of my dad’s additional medical tests -sputum for TB (local doctor confirmed that he doesn’t have TB through molecular biology test)
I only have one sibling and everyone’s living in home country.
Btw thanks for replying!
Think the supervisa is one of the problems. You are applying for your whole family to come to a Canada. There is likely concerns that they will remain here and try to find employment. Then your whole family will be in Canada. Does your sister and her family live with your parents? I know sons typically live with their family but just checking.

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
Think the supervisa is one of the problems. You are applying for your whole family to come to a Canada. There is likely concerns that they will remain here and try to find employment. Then your whole family will be in Canada. Does your sister and her family live with your parents? I know sons typically live with their family but just checking.
I actually did think that it could raise a red flag. But my parents’ application is yet to be approved/denied. So, I wasn’t sure if that’d impact my sister’s application.
No, she doesn’t live with them. Any suggestions on how I can handle this?