+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refused over 179(b)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I actually did think that it could raise a red flag. But my parents’ application is yet to be approved/denied. So, I wasn’t sure if that’d impact my sister’s application.
No, she doesn’t live with them. Any suggestions on how I can handle this?
Would order GCMS notes to identify the specific concerns. Although not processed applying for both visas at the same time didn’t help.

AyushMishra

Feb 26, 2020
Hi,

I am a PhD student at the National University of Singapore and I need to travel to Vancouver to present the results of one of my recent papers. I too was rejected twice citing the following reasons:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
In my last application, I provided the following documents:
  1. My Passport (valid till 2021)
  2. My Student pass issued to me by Singapore
  3. The invitation letter from the conference I will be attending
  4. My bank statements (with ~20k CAD)
  5. Family information (my parents are with me in Singapore)
I also attached the following documents with my client letter:
  1. Proof of being a student at NUS
  2. Correspondance with the session chair who invited me to speak
  3. Travel booking statements (flight + accomadation)
Can I please get some advice on what I can do from my end to improve my application?

best,
Ayush

ekagogidze79

Feb 26, 2020
Hi,

I was applied for a visitor visa to Canada. The reason for my visit was to spend my vacations with my best friend. I know her since 1996 y. We studied together in university in Tbilisi, Georgia for 5 years. After graduation she got married and moved to Canada. Now she is Canadian citizen and working in a Governmental Institute. Inspire of distance, we maintained a close friendship almost 24 y. I’m not married and at least once a year spending vacations somewhere in Europe or in America. I was rejected citing the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
My travel history mentioned bellow. I’ve provided all the passports what I've ever had.
  • 1999 – 2000 yy. Cairo, Egypt – study
  • 2004 y - NYC,USA – working for 3 month in summer camp
  • 2005 y - NYC,USA - working for 3 month in summer camp
  • 2009 y – Portugal – visitor
  • 2013 y – Italy - visitor
  • 2014 y – Germany, Spain - visitor
  • 2016 y – Nederland’s – visitor
  • 2017 y – Czech Republic, Austria – visitor
  • 2018 y - Germany – visitor
  • 2019 y – NYC, Washington, Philadelphia, Niagara Falls, USA – visitor
And also have valid USA visa for 10 years. It’s expires in 2024 y.

Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence – didn’t provide any docs. Really don’t know what to provide:
  • As I said my best friend is living in Canada and I provided invitation letter from her. also in this letter she mentioned me and our friendship history.
Purpose of your visit – provided docs:
  • Travel booking statements (flight 2 ways+Insurance)
  • About Accommodation was mentioned in my friend’s invitation letter, that during my visit in Canada i'll stay in her house.
  • Invitation letter also she explained my purpose of visit, and our friendship history.
Can I please get some advice on what I am missing? I’m really confused.

Thank you

rohit1993

Feb 14, 2020
Hi,

I was applied for a visitor visa to Canada. The reason for my visit was to spend my vacations with my best friend. I know her since 1996 y. We studied together in university in Tbilisi, Georgia for 5 years. After graduation she got married and moved to Canada. Now she is Canadian citizen and working in a Governmental Institute. Inspire of distance, we maintained a close friendship almost 24 y. I’m not married and at least once a year spending vacations somewhere in Europe or in America. I was rejected citing the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
My travel history mentioned bellow. I’ve provided all the passports what I've ever had.
  • 1999 – 2000 yy. Cairo, Egypt – study
  • 2004 y - NYC,USA – working for 3 month in summer camp
  • 2005 y - NYC,USA - working for 3 month in summer camp
  • 2009 y – Portugal – visitor
  • 2013 y – Italy - visitor
  • 2014 y – Germany, Spain - visitor
  • 2016 y – Nederland’s – visitor
  • 2017 y – Czech Republic, Austria – visitor
  • 2018 y - Germany – visitor
  • 2019 y – NYC, Washington, Philadelphia, Niagara Falls, USA – visitor
And also have valid USA visa for 10 years. It’s expires in 2024 y.

Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence – didn’t provide any docs. Really don’t know what to provide:
  • As I said my best friend is living in Canada and I provided invitation letter from her. also in this letter she mentioned me and our friendship history.
Purpose of your visit – provided docs:
  • Travel booking statements (flight 2 ways+Insurance)
  • About Accommodation was mentioned in my friend’s invitation letter, that during my visit in Canada i'll stay in her house.
  • Invitation letter also she explained my purpose of visit, and our friendship history.
Can I please get some advice on what I am missing? I’m really confused.

Thank you
This is really shocking, from which country you applied from ?

Opokua1

Feb 17, 2020
Yes, they make good and stable income.
I have applied for my parents’ supervisa. It’s on hold cause of my dad’s additional medical tests -sputum for TB (local doctor confirmed that he doesn’t have TB through molecular biology test)
I only have one sibling and everyone’s living in home country.
Btw thanks for replying!

what is long term employment? i quite my work and started new one on 20 November basis 2019 on full time and is a well paid job. is it advice to apply for tourist visa (conference ) with such employment offer??

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
I’ll try doing that. Thanks!
Update from my end: I reapplied for my sister but it got denied for the 2nd time (very frustrating). So, I emailed CIC to appeal against the verdict. Most of you would not believe this.. but on the 2nd day after sending the email, the application status changed from Refused to Submitted and I received PPR notification.
A week later, my parents got their Supervisa and it took just 3 days for visa stamping (VFS Bangalore). Good luck to everyone.

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
what is long term employment? i quite my work and started new one on 20 November basis 2019 on full time and is a well paid job. is it advice to apply for tourist visa (conference ) with such employment offer??
It should be fine. Long term employment refers to being at a job for a minimum of 5-6 years (as per my understanding).

Sagittarius1982

Feb 27, 2020
Update from my end: I reapplied for my sister but it got denied for the 2nd time (very frustrating). So, I emailed CIC to appeal against the verdict. Most of you would not believe this.. but on the 2nd day after sending the email, the application status changed from Refused to Submitted and I received PPR notification.
A week later, my parents got their Supervisa and it took just 3 days for visa stamping (VFS Bangalore). Good luck to everyone.
Congrats. Could you please let us know the email address where you appeal against verdict?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just for your sister or her whole family?

DiverGirl92

Feb 28, 2020
So Ive applied TWICE on Feb 15 and then on March 15 2020:
Here's my timeline:
APPLICATION ATTEMPT #1
- Application Submitted: Feb 12 2020
- Biometrics Submitted and Completed: Feb 15, 2020
- Correspondece Letter about Biometric validity: Feb 19 2020
- Final Decision of REFUSAL - Feb 21, 2020 :( :(

Reasons provided:

" I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on - the purpose of your visit

- based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence."

=========

APPLICATION ATTEMPT #2:
This time? I provided in *addition* to all other documents (taxes, finance, employment letter, etc):
- Detailed letter of explanation
- Itinerary of 3 cities (Toronto, Niagara falls, Ottawa) + i reduced my trip duration from a month and a half to 15 days!
- Rental Agreements of current residence
- Home ownership documents of my perm home / house tax/ property tax / water tax receipts
- Hotel Bookings paid
- Provisional flight tickets

*Timeline*THIS TIME:
March 15: Application submitted
March 16: Canadian borders close due to COVID-19 and i start to worry becauze i quoted my trip from April 1-April14 in the application
April 1: Notification about biometric validity and how i dont need to submit them
April 1: refusal

REFUSAL reason this time:

" I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on - the purpose of your visit”

Down from two reasons to One.
How do i get down to zero reasons for rejection?
Have travelled to europe. Oz. Nz. Uk in Asia extensively and never have been rejected.
Any suggestions? Is this a good time to order GCMS notes?

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
So Ive applied TWICE on Feb 15 and then on March 15 2020:
Here's my timeline:
APPLICATION ATTEMPT #1
- Application Submitted: Feb 12 2020
- Biometrics Submitted and Completed: Feb 15, 2020
- Correspondece Letter about Biometric validity: Feb 19 2020
- Final Decision of REFUSAL - Feb 21, 2020 :( :(

Reasons provided:

" I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on - the purpose of your visit

- based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence."

=========

APPLICATION ATTEMPT #2:
This time? I provided in *addition* to all other documents (taxes, finance, employment letter, etc):
- Detailed letter of explanation
- Itinerary of 3 cities (Toronto, Niagara falls, Ottawa) + i reduced my trip duration from a month and a half to 15 days!
- Rental Agreements of current residence
- Home ownership documents of my perm home / house tax/ property tax / water tax receipts
- Hotel Bookings paid
- Provisional flight tickets

*Timeline*THIS TIME:
March 15: Application submitted
March 16: Canadian borders close due to COVID-19 and i start to worry becauze i quoted my trip from April 1-April14 in the application
April 1: Notification about biometric validity and how i dont need to submit them
April 1: refusal

REFUSAL reason this time:

" I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on - the purpose of your visit”

Down from two reasons to One.
How do i get down to zero reasons for rejection?
Have travelled to europe. Oz. Nz. Uk in Asia extensively and never have been rejected.
Any suggestions? Is this a good time to order GCMS notes?
Oh bad sorry to know that !! From where they applied for visa ?