+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa refused over 16(1) and 179(b)

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Dear UBFX, sorry dont know your name.
There is a pattern going on with TrV applications. If they want to refuse they sent the passport or decision with in 30 days/40 days and if they thinks positively about your application they pur your case in processing and background checks. There are lesser number of refusals in longer periods of processing. Thats my understanding or Hunch.
You can call me UB @Omairi7 i am also thinking same may be taking longer means chances of visa ALLAH knows better btw when you submit your passport withdrawal request and in how many days they respond? as they never get back to me about visa processing time query

Reactions: asaeed100

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
You can call me UB @Omairi7 i am also thinking same may be taking longer means chances of visa ALLAH knows better btw when you submit your passport withdrawal request and in how many days they respond? as they never get back to me about visa processing time query
Dear UB,
Firstly i was avoiding to make contact with embassy but then I realised that this will stop me from travel and work. I wrote them on sunday and got the reply on monday, passport collection on tuesday “ today”. I feel that VFS plays very bizarre role in the whole process. Sent me wrong email and msg then call me to clarify the issue. But they briefed me very well at VFS today about the whole process. You need to write a handwritten request , sign it , scan and save in PDF format. Send it to those email you provide me or else i will send you if required.

cpadream

Nov 27, 2018
hey guys,
my TRV (visit visa) was just been refused on the basis of 16(1) & 179(b) subsections. The reasons are as below:
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: that you have not previously been refused by Canada or another country.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I have US visa, but I only got it at second attempt. Unfortunately, I overlooked one question in canada application whether i have been refused by any other country which i marked as NO. but as i said i got rejected at first for US visa.

guys, what are your thoughts on this. should i re-apply by explaining that I overlooked the question and what else should I include in application if i have to re-apply to turn their decision into favorable one.

your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Have you asked for the GCMS notes already? Did you get your visa ? I am on the same situation, what was your course of action ? Thanks in advance for your response.

Ahz247

Aug 4, 2016
Hi Seniors, I applied for my dad's trv in sep 2018 and on Oct 18th we received a letter stating trv refused on following grounds:
* purpose of visit
* not satisfied you will leave canada
* sufficient funds including income or assets.
*no documents to proof your/host income and assets.

It was a paper based application filed from Lahore Pakistan, vfs refused to take property documents which we wanted to show as an asset.
Please advise should we file it one more time if yes what kind of purpose they want us to show? we wanted him.to visit us for our wedding anniversary plus my daughter's birthday but seems like the purpose of visit they want is different.
Regarding my income I attached my canadian bank statement of $5000 and my dad had around $18000 cad in his bank.
What sort documents can we provide to get him approved, thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Seniors, I applied for my dad's trv in sep 2018 and on Oct 18th we received a letter stating trv refused on following grounds:
* purpose of visit
* not satisfied you will leave canada
* sufficient funds including income or assets.
*no documents to proof your/host income and assets.
How long did your dad want to visit?

Do post the list of documents that he submitted.

It was a paper based application filed from Lahore Pakistan, vfs refused to take property documents which we wanted to show as an asset.
VFS Lahore has not been accepting such documents since the last couple of years. You may want to reapply online.

Please advise should we file it one more time if yes what kind of purpose they want us to show? we wanted him.to visit us for our wedding anniversary plus my daughter's birthday but seems like the purpose of visit they want is different.
Do you plan to celebrate it? Bookings? Invited other guests?

Generally, anniversaries and birthdays are not considered as strong reasons to visit.

Regarding my income I attached my canadian bank statement of $5000 and my dad had around $18000 cad in his bank.
What sort documents can we provide to get him approved, thank you.
It depends on his personal and professional circumstances

Ahz247

Aug 4, 2016
Thanks for replying, wants to visit for a month.
Documents submitted:
1.cover letter
2.invitation letter
3.my job letter
4.bank statement
Yes I can reapply online this time, but need your advise in preparing his file.
We didnt invite other guests just our family, we thought if got approved then for sure will invite others too.
Regarding his income he owns agricultural land and gets money by leasing it.
Unfortunately VFS didnt accept any of such documnets.
Thanks once again, looking forward for your reply

Ahz247

Aug 4, 2016
How long did your dad want to visit?

Do post the list of documents that he submitted.

VFS Lahore has not been accepting such documents since the last couple of years. You may want to reapply online.

Do you plan to celebrate it? Bookings? Invited other guests?

Generally, anniversaries and birthdays are not considered as strong reasons to visit.

It depends on his personal and professional circumstances[/Q

ay at 2:04 AM
Documents submitted:
1.cover letter
2.invitation letter
3.my job letter
4.bank statement
We didnt invite other guests just our family, we thought if got approved then for sure will invite others too.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Documents submitted:
1.cover letter
2.invitation letter
3.my job letter
4.bank statement
1. Do post the list of documents for the new application (online submission)

2. I would not state the anniversary/birthday as the purpose of visit if it is a family reunion. Instead your dad can prepare a detailed day-by-day visit plan for sightseeing/spending time with you and your family.... with expense estimates. He must prove he has the finances to pay for this visit plan + airfare.

3. Can he prove he earned the money in his bank account? Any financial investments: Bank term deposits? Shares/stocks? Pension funds?

4. Tax returns?

5. Evidence that the agricultural land is leased and he earns an income from it? Renewal of the lease agreement? Again, does he pay taxes for this or is the income tax exempt? Is this income paid into his bank account?

6. Does he live with other dependent family members?

7. Does he own non-agriculture property? Any mortgage?

8. Does he have any personal or work commitments to return to after his visit?

Ahz247

Aug 4, 2016
1. Do post the list of documents for the new application (online submission)

2. I would not state the anniversary/birthday as the purpose of visit if it is a family reunion. Instead your dad can prepare a detailed day-by-day visit plan for sightseeing/spending time with you and your family.... with expense estimates. He must prove he has the finances to pay for this visit plan + airfare.

3. Can he prove he earned the money in his bank account? Any financial investments: Bank term deposits? Shares/stocks? Pension funds?

4. Tax returns?

5. Evidence that the agricultural land is leased and he earns an income from it? Renewal of the lease agreement? Again, does he pay taxes for this or is the income tax exempt? Is this income paid into his bank account?

6. Does he live with other dependent family members?

7. Does he own non-agriculture property? Any mortgage?

8. Does he have any personal or work commitments to return to after his visit?
Yes he can prove income that comes from lease, this income is tax exempted.
He has other property on his name which also can be showed.
My younger sister lives with him, shes a student and dependent on him.

Documents I'm planning to submit online

1. Invitation letter
2.cover letter
3.purpose of visit
4.lease agreement and ownership deed
5.other property documents
6.family registration certificate
7.booking of air ticket
8.bank statements

Let me know what else can we submit to get him approved this time, thank you

Project@2018

Aug 3, 2018
Hi,
Need some help from experts....
My Open work permit application got rejected saying:
" You have not complied with our request for information,per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date,you have failed to comply with our request for submission of the document: Valid LMIA."
My question is Should I focus on LMIA or subsection 16(1) has some meaning?
Thanks for response.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi All,

Any help would be appreciated.

My friend is working in Canada on a work permit. His spouse applied for a Visitor visa. Her application is refused on the grounds of Travel history, Family ties, Financial status and that she did not answer all the questions truthfully in her application. Basically, the officer thinks that she will not return to her home country at the end of her stay.

My friend is worried about what did she not answer truthfully. He got her GCMS notes and there are no details on that. Grounds of refusal say I am not satisfied you have answered truthfully all questions asked of you A16(1)(a).

What should he do?

Thank you

NKBawari

Apr 20, 2020
Dear UBFX, sorry dont know your name.
There is a pattern going on with TrV applications. If they want to refuse they sent the passport or decision with in 30 days/40 days and if they thinks positively about your application they pur your case in processing and background checks. There are lesser number of refusals in longer periods of processing. Thats my understanding or Hunch.
Hi I agree with you even I have noticed this. The refusal comes early.

dulshan

Dec 29, 2020
hi, I'm weerasinghe from sri lanka and my visa was refused 1st time stating that funds are not enough and we any how arrange money and again applied. but this time i was able to give bio metrics and after that they have again refused my application stating that i am not satisfied that you have truthfully asnwered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16 (1) of the IRPA specifically , i am not satisfied that the following information is truthful : you failed to declare prior refusal (s) on your application.
please can someone assist me on this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi, I'm weerasinghe from sri lanka and my visa was refused 1st time stating that funds are not enough and we any how arrange money and again applied. but this time i was able to give bio metrics and after that they have again refused my application stating that i am not satisfied that you have truthfully asnwered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16 (1) of the IRPA specifically , i am not satisfied that the following information is truthful : you failed to declare prior refusal (s) on your application.
please can someone assist me on this.
Did you declare all of your past refusals in your second application including your first Canadian visa that was refused?

Your application has been refused because you failed to declare past refusals. I'm not sure what assistance you're looking for.

dulshan

Dec 29, 2020
Did you declare all of your past refusals in your second application including your first Canadian visa that was refused?

Your application has been refused because you failed to declare past refusals. I'm not sure what assistance you're looking for.
thank you for the reply,
yes. my 1st refusal was in july. I have stated that my pervious visa was refused and the reason and how we arrange the money also.
and i can't understand what i have not mention truthfully.