+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa refused over 16(1) and 179(b)

john69

Oct 29, 2017
hey guys,
my TRV (visit visa) was just been refused on the basis of 16(1) & 179(b) subsections. The reasons are as below:
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: that you have not previously been refused by Canada or another country.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I have US visa, but I only got it at second attempt. Unfortunately, I overlooked one question in canada application whether i have been refused by any other country which i marked as NO. but as i said i got rejected at first for US visa.

guys, what are your thoughts on this. should i re-apply by explaining that I overlooked the question and what else should I include in application if i have to re-apply to turn their decision into favorable one.

your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I would order gcms notes and make sure you haven’t been banned for 5 years for misrepresentation. It’s a serious matter to not answer it truthfully.

john69

Oct 29, 2017
I would order gcms notes and make sure you haven’t been banned for 5 years for misrepresentation. It’s a serious matter to not answer it truthfully.
Thank you for the info. But on the rejection letter they havent mentioned anything such.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I understand but I would order the notes before you try to reapply or you would just throw away money and time and get another reject.

I do wish you the best and hope they haven’t chosen to do so.

john69

Oct 29, 2017
I understand but I would order the notes before you try to reapply or you would just throw away money and time and get another reject.

I do wish you the best and hope they haven’t chosen to do so.
But isnt it only canadian residents or who is in canada can only request for gcms notes. I do not have anyone to request on my behalf

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Then you need to find a company who can do it for you .. there are many.

Its up to you what you want to do. I'm simply saying answering that question wrong usually leads to a 5 year ban for misrepresentation.

john69

Oct 29, 2017
O
Then you need to find a company who can do it for you .. there are many.

Its up to you what you want to do. I'm simply saying answering that question wrong usually leads to a 5 year ban for misrepresentation.
ok. Thank you for the update

john69

Oct 29, 2017
i want more information on the above case. Please assist. Has anyone faced similar issue and got visa on second attempt?
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
i want more information on the above case. Please assist. Has anyone faced similar issue and got visa on second attempt?
Thanks
Every case is unique. It won't help to compare your refusal with someone else's.

I agree with Jtpolzin. It's best if you apply for GCMS notes first to get more details about your refusal. You can Google for an agency who can obtain these case notes on your behalf

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
In how many days they send you back passport with refusal and which VAC yoi applied

hey guys,
my TRV (visit visa) was just been refused on the basis of 16(1) & 179(b) subsections. The reasons are as below:
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: that you have not previously been refused by Canada or another country.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I have US visa, but I only got it at second attempt. Unfortunately, I overlooked one question in canada application whether i have been refused by any other country which i marked as NO. but as i said i got rejected at first for US visa.

guys, what are your thoughts on this. should i re-apply by explaining that I overlooked the question and what else should I include in application if i have to re-apply to turn their decision into favorable one.

your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Dear UBFX, sorry dont know your name.
There is a pattern going on with TrV applications. If they want to refuse they sent the passport or decision with in 30 days/40 days and if they thinks positively about your application they pur your case in processing and background checks. There are lesser number of refusals in longer periods of processing. Thats my understanding or Hunch.