+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa Refused, need some advices for re-application

NoraCheung

May 25, 2023
Hello,
I would like to travel to Canada for tourism, specifically to visit Banff. Unfortunately, I was denied a visa this month. I am hoping to receive some advice on how to improve my chances of getting approved next time.
The reasons for refusal are as follows:
1. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself.
I have attached a bank statement from the past 6 months with my monthly salary of CAD 3,000, but my balance was only CAD 5,000. To address this, I have also included certificates of my fund account (CAD 40,000) and deposit account (CAD 30,000). Additionally, I wrote a letter explaining that I had transferred all my money to these accounts, resulting in a low balance.
2. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
I have attached an itinerary for two weeks mainly in Banff and Vancouver. Furthermore, I wrote a letter explaining that I will be traveling with my fiance and must return to my country due to our wedding in December.
My fiance is disappointed with the refusal and does not want to apply again. However, I still want to visit Banff and would appreciate any advice on how to improve my chances of getting approved next time. Should I include information about why my fiance will not be traveling with me during this new application? Are there any other tips or suggestions you may have?
Thank you very much for your help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I would like to travel to Canada for tourism, specifically to visit Banff. Unfortunately, I was denied a visa this month. I am hoping to receive some advice on how to improve my chances of getting approved next time.
1. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself.
I have attached a bank statement from the past 6 months with my monthly salary of CAD 3,000, but my balance was only CAD 5,000. To address this, I have also included certificates of my fund account (CAD 40,000) and deposit account (CAD 30,000). Additionally, I wrote a letter explaining that I had transferred all my money to these accounts, resulting in a low balance.
2. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
I have attached an itinerary for two weeks mainly in Banff and Vancouver. Furthermore, I wrote a letter explaining that I will be traveling with my fiance and must return to my country due to our wedding in December.
My fiance is disappointed with the refusal and does not want to apply again. However, I still want to visit Banff and would appreciate any advice on how to improve my chances of getting approved next time. Should I include information about why my fiance will not be traveling with me during this new application? Are there any other tips or suggestions you may have?
Did you apply together or separately?

1. So how much do you have in cash/liquid funds? Canada is expensive and going to Banff and Vancouver for 2 weeks is really expensive. Have you costed out your trip?
2. This is a generic response so you need GCMS notes. Usually has to do with ties to home country (family). Did you include a job letter with approved leave. What are your ties to return - job, business, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Where are you from and have you travelled internationally before. For 2 people travelling to Vancouver and Banff for 2 weeks it will easily 10k. That doesn’t make sense based on your savings amount and average salary.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,
What’s your travel history ? Other places youve visited for holidays? As mentioned your funds are extremely low . Banff Vancouver, it’s high season right now and hotels are very expensive . I was looking at heading to Banff for a few days . Hotels I priced were around $350-400/night . So for three days around $1400. Unless you were planning in staying in a hostel or tent , your money won’t get you far

NoraCheung

May 25, 2023
Did you apply together or separately?

1. So how much do you have in cash/liquid funds? Canada is expensive and going to Banff and Vancouver for 2 weeks is really expensive. Have you costed out your trip?
2. This is a generic response so you need GCMS notes. Usually has to do with ties to home country (family). Did you include a job letter with approved leave. What are your ties to return - job, business, etc.
I applied for the visa by myself, and my fiancé did not apply with me at that time due to his expired passport.

1. In fact, I had more than 100,000 CAD in liquid funds, but most of the funds were invested in stocks and could not provide proof. Therefore, I explained through an explanation letter, calculated my salary for the past six months (totaling 30,000 CAD), and explained that my salary was invested in stocks, so my balance was low, but all the funds were available for personal use.

2. I provided a work certificate and the business license of my company to explain that I was on vacation and would return to work after traveling. At the same time, I submitted imm5645 and filled in the information of my parents as my tie back to China.

NoraCheung

May 25, 2023
Where are you from and have you travelled internationally before. For 2 people travelling to Vancouver and Banff for 2 weeks it will easily 10k. That doesn’t make sense based on your savings amount and average salary.
I am from China and have traveled to New Zealand, Japan, and Italy within the past five years.
I applied for the visa by myself as my fiancé did not apply with me due to his expired passport. Therefore, I believe that my funds only need to cover my own expenses.

Regarding my funds, actually, I had more than 100,000 CAD in liquid funds, but most of the funds were invested in stocks and could not provide proof. Therefore, I explained through an explanation letter, calculated my salary for the past six months (totaling 30,000 CAD), and explained that my salary was invested in stocks, so my balance was low, but all the funds were available for personal use.

NoraCheung

May 25, 2023
What’s your travel history ? Other places youve visited for holidays? As mentioned your funds are extremely low . Banff Vancouver, it’s high season right now and hotels are very expensive . I was looking at heading to Banff for a few days . Hotels I priced were around $350-400/night . So for three days around $1400. Unless you were planning in staying in a hostel or tent , your money won’t get you far
I have traveled to New Zealand, Japan, and Italy within the past five years.

Although my balance in my bank card was low, I also have CAD 70,000 in savings and investments combined. I calculated that for a half-month trip to Vancouver and Banff, it would cost CAD 10,000 per person. Therefore, I believed my funds were sufficient to support this trip. In your opinion, the visa officer only considered my balance, and did not take other factors into consideration?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am from China and have traveled to New Zealand, Japan, and Italy within the past five years.
I applied for the visa by myself as my fiancé did not apply with me due to his expired passport. Therefore, I believe that my funds only need to cover my own expenses.

Regarding my funds, actually, I had more than 100,000 CAD in liquid funds, but most of the funds were invested in stocks and could not provide proof. Therefore, I explained through an explanation letter, calculated my salary for the past six months (totaling 30,000 CAD), and explained that my salary was invested in stocks, so my balance was low, but all the funds were available for personal use.
How I can your monthly salary of 3k add up to 30k of salary in 6 months. The math doesn’t add up. Liquid savings is what is really important since most don’t cash out their investments in the middle of their vacation to pay for a hotel for example. Given your travel history if you have proof of more liquid cash you have decent chance of being approved. Your math also has to make sense. If you only make 3k/month how are you ended up 30k in 6months. Do you also have no living expenses?

NoraCheung

May 25, 2023
How I can your monthly salary of 3k add up to 30k of salary in 6 months. The math doesn’t add up. Liquid savings is what is really important since most don’t cash out their investments in the middle of their vacation to pay for a hotel for example. Given your travel history if you have proof of more liquid cash you have decent chance of being approved. Your math also has to make sense. If you only make 3k/month how are you ended up 30k in 6months. Do you also have no living expenses?
Yes, my fixed monthly salary is CAD 3000 because I also receive a performance bonus that fluctuates each month. Therefore, I can earn CAD 30,000 in six months, which is fully documented in my bank transaction records.

To increase the chances of success for my second visa application, I have stopped transferring my salary to the investment account for the past two months. In two more months, I plan to accumulate savings of approximately CAD 20,000 and reapply. Do you have any suggestions on areas where I can improve? For example, one of the reasons for the refusal was that my purpose of visit did not consistent with the purpose stated. How should I address this issue?

Besides, do I need to explain the reason that my cover letter for the first visa application stated that I was traveling with my fiance, but only I applied for the second visa alone?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, my fixed monthly salary is CAD 3000 because I also receive a performance bonus that fluctuates each month. Therefore, I can earn CAD 30,000 in six months, which is fully documented in my bank transaction records.

To increase the chances of success for my second visa application, I have stopped transferring my salary to the investment account for the past two months. In two more months, I plan to accumulate savings of approximately CAD 20,000 and reapply. Do you have any suggestions on areas where I can improve? For example, one of the reasons for the refusal was that my purpose of visit did not consistent with the purpose stated. How should I address this issue?

Besides, do I need to explain the reason that my cover letter for the first visa application stated that I was traveling with my fiance, but only I applied for the second visa alone?
Both you and your fiancé will have to apply for separate TRVs. I would also explain that you receive huge bonuses and show a pattern of how much your average monthly salary has been for the past year so your average salary is actually much higher than 3k/month. You have a good travel history so that should make travel easier. Did you copy the itinerary of a tour that visits Vancouver and Banff? Some people have a hugely ambitious itinerary which is not realistic given how big Canada is. Vancouver and Calgary/Banff is doable in 2 weeks.

I would suggest ordering GCMS notes to hopefully get a more detailed description of why you were denied.

NoraCheung

May 25, 2023
Both you and your fiancé will have to apply for separate TRVs. I would also explain that you receive huge bonuses and show a pattern of how much your average monthly salary has been for the past year so your average salary is actually much higher than 3k/month. You have a good travel history so that should make travel easier. Did you copy the itinerary of a tour that visits Vancouver and Banff? Some people have a hugely ambitious itinerary which is not realistic given how big Canada is. Vancouver and Calgary/Banff is doable in 2 weeks.

I would suggest ordering GCMS notes to hopefully get a more detailed description of why you were denied.
Yes, I uploaded a tour itinerary for a two-week visit to Vancouver and Banff, with no other destinations included.
And I've requested notes from IRCC and CBSA for more details. It is said that many of the notes are the same as the contents of the refusal letter. It is difficult to convince the officer the purpose of visit is purely for tourism.

Last edited:

3YrsLeftOnPR

Aug 12, 2020
Yes, I uploaded a tour itinerary for a two-week visit to Vancouver and Banff, with no other destinations included.
And I've requested notes from IRCC and CBSA for more details. It is said that many of the notes are the same as the contents of the refusal letter. It is difficult to convince the officer the purpose of visit is purely for tourism.
I feel the same where IRCC refusing genuine cases as well only impacts their tourism economy. Already the weather is not suitable most of the time and whatever few months are pleasant they are loosing to boost their economy through tourism. They should have better way of filtering potential visa abusers from genuine tourists.

NoraCheung

May 25, 2023
Hello,
Hi,
I have received documents from IRCC and CBSA. It feels like a direct refusal from the Chinook. Because the content in the notes is basically the same as that in the visa refusal letter, without any personal information about me. In this case, I can't figure out the real reason for the refusal. What should I do when I apply for the second time?

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Hi,
I have received documents from IRCC and CBSA. It feels like a direct refusal from the Chinook. Because the content in the notes is basically the same as that in the visa refusal letter, without any personal information about me. In this case, I can't figure out the real reason for the refusal. What should I do when I apply for the second time?
Can you share the NOTES here ?

S0007

Jun 18, 2023
Hi ,

I applied Visitor Visa for my parents on 18 August,2021 on old portal.

Application refused on 4 February ,2023

I am on PR. My Parents showed around 42Lac(INR) = CAD$71320 funds. My Mother is a house wife and father retired govt employee. I have one younger brother who is currently working in India.

File rejected with below reasons:-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

I ordered GCMS Notes .Below are the notes :-

I have reviewed the application.
I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
Taking the PA's purpose of visit into account, the documentation provided in support of the PA's financial situation does not demonstrate that the PA is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the PA's socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the PA will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

I am thinking to apply again .Please advise me how to proceed on this.

Last edited: