+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refused. Need help plz.

FCVorkuta

May 5, 2014
My father-in-law's visitor visa application has been refused because of the following:

1) Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
2) Purpose of visit
3) Lack of transparency, not declaring your wife has a valid visa to travel with you to Canada and that your son is a landed immigrant in Canada.

My father-in-law visited Canada a few years ago, left the country in time, no overstay whatsoever.

My mother-in-law got her multiple visa a few years ago and she is NOT PLANNING to travel here with my father-in-law. In fact, we were planning to send our daughter to Turkmenistan for the summer when my father-in-law flights back in a month.

His son is a landed immigrant but he temporarily lives and works abroad.

Please help with advise. Should we re-submit an application together with letter of explanation?

Thanks

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1)Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
2) Purpose of visit
3) Lack of transparency, not declaring your wife has a valid visa to travel with you to Canada and that your son is a landed immigrant in Canada.

The most important accusation is the third one.
Did not you send invitation from his son? Did he asked just a tourist visa without mentioning son's family in Canada?
Did not show his son in the forms?

2) If his son works abroad who his father is going to visit in Canada?

1) For some reason VO suspects that he did not declare any of that because he wants to get to Canada and then his wife could join him, and they will stay forever. :)

If not declaring all that what just a negligence and not a misrepresentation, then of course, you should apply again explaining your intentions and trying to convince VO they are genuine.

FCVorkuta

May 5, 2014
Regina said:
1)Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
2) Purpose of visit

The most important accusation is the third one.
Did not you send invitation from his son? Did he asked just a tourist visa without mentioning son's family in Canada?
Did not show his son in the forms?

2) If his son works abroad who his father is going to visit in Canada?

1) For some reason VO suspects that he did not declare any of that because he wants to get to Canada and then his wife could join him, and they will stay forever. :)

If not declaring all that what just a negligence and not a misrepresentation, then of course, you should apply again explaining your intentions and trying to convince VO they are genuine.
1) Invitation letter is from my wife (his daughter) and myself.
His son is working abroad and it was mentioned that he is a PR working abroad. It is in visa application. We did not hide anything.
Father-in-law is coming to visit his grand children, my wife (his daughter) and me.
They own a business back home and all supporting docs of same have been included to visa application (translated to English and notarized).
We were planning that he will come to Canada for a month and then take our daughter for holidays to Turkmenistan and sometime in August my mother-in-law (who has multiple visa) will bring her back and stay here with us for a month or two.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK. So you are a husband of applicant's daugther and not his son. It was not clear in your first post.

I guess you should apply again, write a cover letter addressing there EVERY point they menttion in refusal, and explaining your plans for a grand daughter to be taken to Turkmistan by the applicant and come back to Canada with her grand-mother.

Sometimes the application to be approved only needs to get to another officer . :)