+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa refused. Need expert advise to re-apply

powerup

Aug 20, 2017
Hi All,

Applied visitor visa from Pakistan on 22 Aug via online. Got refusal notice today with 2 reasons listed bellow.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.

1. Purpose of visit
2. Having a legitimate business purpose in Canaday

My purpose of visit was visit Canada. My friend invited me who is permanent.
The second refusal reason which i could not understand very well.

Any advises when the best time to re-apply and what strong ties i need to show again

regards

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
With the limited information you provided, it looks like you applied for a business visa, it a TRV (visitor visa).

As for the other reason, you probably didn't supply sufficient proof of your ties to your home country. You need to provide evidence that not only will you say you are going to leave Canada, but proof of the reasons why. You must have sufficient fu de to pay for the trip as well. Your friends invitation, in all honesty, provides very little reason for them to approve you. It's simply an invitation and doesn't guarantee a successful application.

powerup

Aug 20, 2017
Thanks for your reply.

I applied visitor visa not business visa. Alongside my visit i put a schedule to attend a two days fair/exhibition which will be held at Toronto.(it is a paid entry and i bought two days entry pass).

Ties in home country
Managerial level job (5 years)
over 45 age, spouse & 3 kids
bank statement CAD 30,000
Employment letter, holiday approval letter
UK visit

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for your reply.

I applied visitor visa not business visa. Alongside my visit i put a schedule to attend a two days fair/exhibition which will be held at Toronto.(it is a paid entry and i bought two days entry pass).

Ties in home country
Managerial level job (5 years)
over 45 age, spouse & 3 kids
bank statement CAD 30,000
Employment letter, holiday approval letter
UK visit
Looks like it was this fair/exhibition that was the reason for the second reason of refusal. Did you explain the relevance of this exhibition to your work? Did you show that it is mandated/sponsored by your employer?

powerup

Aug 20, 2017
I think so aswell. Visiting fair/exhibition alongside tourism created confusion to VO to find real reason for purpose of visit.
Fair/exhibition was relevant to my nature of job but i did,t mention it in covering letter or elsewhere.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I think so aswell. Visiting fair/exhibition alongside tourism created confusion to VO to find real reason for purpose of visit.
Fair/exhibition was relevant to my nature of job but i did,t mention it in covering letter or elsewhere.
Great, looks like you're understanding why this application was refused. It's legitimate to have the dual purpose in your visit, but you need to be clearer and prove the necessity of this exhibition to your employment, create a detailed itinerary of your tourist intent, and prove your ties to your employment and your home country. Keep this in mind when you reapply to build a stronger application. Good luck.

powerup

Aug 20, 2017
If i re-apply with same documents with some fresh information and supporting documents. May i ask you which is best way to apply (online or paper). If i apply by paper application i will send all my supporting documents in original look. it can bit impress vo or if apply online they will print all supporting documents and application with normal printer b&w look not impress.

When i re-apply will they check background bio-metric again and same processing time is required for decision?

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doesnt make any difference if you apply online or by paper ..
yeah but in Pakistan VFs are not accepting much documents so here online will be good as you can attach as many supporting docs combined in one pdf file