+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa refused due to lack of family ties to home cointry

AnnaDK

Dec 8, 2021
I hope someone can help me with advice. I am naturalized Canadian citizen for 28 years and my boyfriend applied to visit me from Bosnia in June 2022 for 2.5 weeks so we can celebrate his 50th birthday together. We included extensive proof of relationship, all documents and forms required, plus cover letter explaining my boyfriend has two children one of whom is a high school student and lives with him. He also has his own business in Bosnia and we included proof of that as well as his financials. The agent refused his application 3 days after submission of biometrics (one week after we submitted the online application) stating he/she doesn't believe he will go back at the end of his stay as his family ties in Canada are stronger than the ones back home. I can't believe the application has been reviewed thoroughly as it happened so fast. Applications from Bosnia go through Vienna embassy. How can we improve the application to show he is indeed intending to go back?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I hope someone can help me with advice. I am naturalized Canadian citizen for 28 years and my boyfriend applied to visit me from Bosnia in June 2022 for 2.5 weeks so we can celebrate his 50th birthday together. We included extensive proof of relationship, all documents and forms required, plus cover letter explaining my boyfriend has two children one of whom is a high school student and lives with him. He also has his own business in Bosnia and we included proof of that as well as his financials. The agent refused his application 3 days after submission of biometrics (one week after we submitted the online application) stating he/she doesn't believe he will go back at the end of his stay as his family ties in Canada are stronger than the ones back home. I can't believe the application has been reviewed thoroughly as it happened so fast. Applications from Bosnia go through Vienna embassy. How can we improve the application to show he is indeed intending to go back?
- What evidence did he include of his personal business in the application?
- How much did he show in proof of funds?
- Does he own property?
- Do not include extensive relationship proof next time. Keep this minimal to avoid the impression he's coming here to remain with you long term. Go "extensive" on his ties to his home country.

Reactions: AnnaDK

AnnaDK

Dec 8, 2021
- What evidence did he include of his personal business in the application?
- How much did he show in proof of funds?
- Does he own property?
- Do not include extensive relationship proof next time. Keep this minimal to avoid the impression he's coming here to remain with you long term. Go "extensive" on his ties to his home country.
We included his business registration and operations approval from authorities (it's a bar), property is currently being registered under his name as his mom passed away last year (we included letter from the lawyer showing he's the only person in the estate), and we sent his bank statement from the past three months showing approximately $4,500. I indicated in my invitation letter I will be covering the cost of his ticket and coat of his stay in Canada as my birthday gift to him and he will bring $2,000 to spend at his discretion for gifts for his children or anything like that.
How can we prove ties to home country? We included a letter from his sons school indicating he's a full time student and lives with his father.