+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refusal

mannj

Dec 21, 2015
Hello,
My brother's visitor visa got refused yesterday. He applied it from New Delhi India. They gave him the following reason for the refusal:

"
This refers to your application for a temporary resident visa to Canada. I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa; therefore, your application is refused.

In accordance with Section A11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicant’s travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, financial means for the trip; ties to country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below or have failed to comply with our request for an examination or documentation. I am therefore refusing your application.

Grounds for refusal:

· Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada."

He submitted the following documents to support his application:

• Last 6 months bank statements
  • Copy of his Fixed Deposit
  • Leave of absence letter from his employer
  • His marriage certificate (his wife was not accompanying him as he was just coming here for two weeks)
  • Invitation letter provided by me (I am a PR here)
  • I provided my tax returns for last 3 years and my bank statements (showed 25K in my account)
  • I also declared in invitation letter that I will take care of all his expenses
  • He showed $2000 for his two weeks stay
  • Proof of Relationship
Please advise what else he needs to add to his application to get a TRV.

Thank You!

Nevo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
We actually had the same issue as you. I am not to sure what they are looking for. Its very disappointing they would not approve a sibling to come and visit with tax papers provide, funds showing on both ends and only to come for a few weeks.
I have been told its totally up to the officer to decide. I was hoping to see if anyone else had the same issue and what did they include and how long they waited to reapply.

mannj

Dec 21, 2015
yes, this is very disappointing that they reject visa for no reason for siblings. This means that our siblings can never meet us.

mannj

Dec 21, 2015
We actually had the same issue as you. I am not to sure what they are looking for. Its very disappointing they would not approve a sibling to come and visit with tax papers provide, funds showing on both ends and only to come for a few weeks.
I have been told its totally up to the officer to decide. I was hoping to see if anyone else had the same issue and what did they include and how long they waited to reapply.
Did you reapply for visitor visa for your sibling?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.