+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refusal twice

Jun 24, 2023
Hey guys, I recently applied visitor visa for my mother in law which got rejected again for reason stating that they are unsure she will leave canada by end of her stay as she does not have many ties in india and has too many family ties in canada.
The only connection she has in Canada is her daughter and me. My father-in-law and brother-in-law (age >23) are still in india and we already applied her visa alone this time.
we showed her house deed documents too as well as business registration and ITRs.
She doesnt have much travel history and hasnt travelled to US, UK or Shenzhen.
Her visa was rejected 8 months ago too when we applied for my father and brother in law too.
Any suggestions going forward would be really appreciated.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hey guys, I recently applied visitor visa for my mother in law which got rejected again for reason stating that they are unsure she will leave canada by end of her stay as she does not have many ties in india and has too many family ties in canada.
The only connection she has in Canada is her daughter and me. My father-in-law and brother-in-law (age >23) are still in india and we already applied her visa alone this time.
we showed her house deed documents too as well as business registration and ITRs.
Her visa was rejected 8 months ago too when we applied for my father and brother in law too.
What are the reasons of refusal ?
Since you applied as a group and now single - How did you apply for her
What was purpose of visit?
How much funds shown

Without knowing your reasons, can't help you here

Jun 24, 2023
We applied online via the cic portal both times. Her purpose of visit was to visit us in toronto and mainly her daughter for her birthday. We showed around 6 Lakhs in her bank account and me and my wife showed our bank statements too as we were sponsoring her stay. We had $6-7k in our accounts.

They stated the following as reasons for refusal:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Reactions: tommy_2k23

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
We applied online via the cic portal both times. Her purpose of visit was to visit us in toronto and mainly her daughter for her birthday. We showed around 6 Lakhs in her bank account and me and my wife showed our bank statements too as we were sponsoring her stay. We had $6-7k in our accounts.

They stated the following as reasons for refusal:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Dont apply again. Instead ask for detailed refusal notes. Go through them again and then gather documents accordingly. Only then will you know what are the real reasons that are hindering her case. Your first application also negatively affected her second application. Seems like the whole family was trying to emigrate to Canada (father in law , brother in law, herself).

Get detailed refusal notes for both refusals.

Reactions: BA101 and Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What was the planned length of stay for the first TRV and the second? Is your wife expecting? If so was that mentioned? Is it mentioned online or in any other IRCC applications. What is your status in Canada? Your spouse? When did you and your spouse come to Canada or were you born in Canada? Your brother isn’t considered a tie for your mother but your father is. Does your mother have any other family members in Canada or living abroad? Has your brother attempted to study, work or immigrate to Canada? Another country? Have your parents ever attempted to live abroad?

parthvi

Aug 31, 2018
Dont apply again. Instead ask for detailed refusal notes. Go through them again and then gather documents accordingly. Only then will you know what are the real reasons that are hindering her case. Your first application also negatively affected her second application. Seems like the whole family was trying to emigrate to Canada (father in law , brother in law, herself).

Get detailed refusal notes for both refusals.
I have a similar situation for my brother whose case got rejected. We applied through travel agency. How to get refusal notes? Can you guide here.

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
I have a similar situation for my brother whose case got rejected. We applied through travel agency. How to get refusal notes? Can you guide here.
just search online for GCMS notes or ATIP notes, you need to pay only 5$ and u can get it in 2-6 months time, if you want them urgent, apply thru a canadian MP.