+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refusal, siginifant family tie

todd1002

Mar 21, 2023
Hello,

My application was rejected:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Background: Wife is PR with one year old Child.
I am eligible for Spousal Immigration but do not want to immigrate.
Parents and work are all in China and English not good. I am the only source of income.
Want to accompany my Wife and baby to Canada, help them settle down and come back.

Applied twice got rejected twice, what shoud I do?

FetaSalad

Oct 31, 2022
seems like your wife and baby have not arrived in Canada? And your wife gets PR, you applied visitor visa?
On the basis of your description in OP, it's somewhat reasonable visa officer question your intention.

If I were you, I will apply at least 6-12months after your wife arriving Canada, ask your wife write invitation letter or attach LOE, honestly write the situation / reason, with proof of income, tax, properties in your home country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Parents and work are all in China and English not good. I am the only source of income.
Want to accompany my Wife and baby to Canada, help them settle down and come back.

Most likely you will not be approved for a TRV because your wife is PR and should be sponsoring you. Assume your child has PR too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

How did your wife and child obtain PR? Was she the primary applicant or were you? If you were the dependent on the PR application you listed as non-accompanying or did you just not land? Given that your wife and child are going to be living in Canada and using services Canada likely wants you to become a PR so that you are also a tax resident. Sounds like you are trying to avoid becoming a PR and therefore a tax resident.

Reactions: YVR123

todd1002

Mar 21, 2023
seems like your wife and baby have not arrived in Canada? And your wife gets PR, you applied visitor visa?
On the basis of your description in OP, it's somewhat reasonable visa officer question your intention.

If I were you, I will apply at least 6-12months after your wife arriving Canada, ask your wife write invitation letter or attach LOE, honestly write the situation / reason, with proof of income, tax, properties in your home country.
The problem is, I need to accompany my wife to Canada, because the child is only 1 year old. I litterally just want to help them settle down and come back.

todd1002

Mar 21, 2023
How did your wife and child obtain PR? Was she the primary applicant or were you? If you were the dependent on the PR application you listed as non-accompanying or did you just not land? Given that your wife and child are going to be living in Canada and using services Canada likely wants you to become a PR so that you are also a tax resident. Sounds like you are trying to avoid becoming a PR and therefore a tax resident.
My wife got PR long time ago, we got married after that, so I am not PR.

Oh, so thats the reason IRCC denied my visa? Just for tax purposes? Thats something I've never thought of.

FetaSalad

Oct 31, 2022
The problem is, I need to accompany my wife to Canada, because the child is only 1 year old. I litterally just want to help them settle down and come back.
IMO:
you have significant ties in Canada AND you have significant ties in your home country (if you own property, business, decent jobs, etc, in addition to your parents as family ties).
everyone has right to choose the suitable place to (long-term) live, impossible get reject just because of tax purpose.

Moreover, you get married after your wife gets PR (don't know if you knew her after she gets PR as well)
So all upon what documents will you provide and how will you explain in LoE.

if i were you, I will re-apply, write LoE with material documents and expect approval, though I still think the chance is higher if you apply after she entering Canada as your visa application has been rejected 2 times.

What documents did you provide in the past 2 times application? were the similar / same?

again, just my 2 cents.

Last edited: