June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
Hi All,

We applied for visitor visa for my sister-in-law who lives in India, and it got rejected three times in last 5 years. She is single (45y) government teacher, has her bank balance, savings, house etc. Their father died several years ago and mom is a new PR in Canada and lives with us. (My wife, kids & I). She is the only one in India in my wife's side of family right now.
  • First refusal - Mom was not a PR, but rejected because of financial reasons, family ties, purpose of visit (birth of our first kid)
    • GCMS notes received - used to write the new application
  • Second refusal - Mom was PR, rejected because of financial reasons, family ties, purpose of visit (10th wedding anniversary celebration)
    • GCMS notes received - used to write the new application, improved financial condition, prepared letter for supporting ties and purpose, write details for each objection.
  • Third refusal - rejected because of family ties, purpose of visit (birthday celebration of our second kid)
    • GCMS notes requested
This recent application (third) was done with utmost caution, we put all the details, financial assets etc, details of other relatives, letter from school, her savings, salary details etc. also mentioned that her field of study is unique and she has more opportunities in India and she will go back after a short family visit. REFUSED.

We are considering to either re-apply visitor visa or appeal a judicial review of the latest refusal (its within 60 days time period).

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't mind, can I ask:

How much money did she show in each of the applications?
How much money does she earn as a government teacher?
Her ties (your wife and mom) in Canada clearly is stronger now, made her 2nd and 3rd applications rather weak. What other ties can she show in India? Btw, birthday celebration are hardly reasons for coming to Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

We applied for visitor visa for my sister-in-law who lives in India, and it got rejected three times in last 5 years. She is single (45y) government teacher, has her bank balance, savings, house etc. Their father died several years ago and mom is a new PR in Canada and lives with us. (My wife, kids & I). She is the only one in India in my wife's side of family right now.
  • First refusal - Mom was not a PR, but rejected because of financial reasons, family ties, purpose of visit (birth of our first kid)
    • GCMS notes received - used to write the new application
  • Second refusal - Mom was PR, rejected because of financial reasons, family ties, purpose of visit (10th wedding anniversary celebration)
    • GCMS notes received - used to write the new application, improved financial condition, prepared letter for supporting ties and purpose, write details for each objection.
  • Third refusal - rejected because of family ties, purpose of visit (birthday celebration of our second kid)
    • GCMS notes requested
This recent application (third) was done with utmost caution, we put all the details, financial assets etc, details of other relatives, letter from school, her savings, salary details etc. also mentioned that her field of study is unique and she has more opportunities in India and she will go back after a short family visit. REFUSED.

We are considering to either re-apply visitor visa or appeal a judicial review of the latest refusal (its within 60 days time period).

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The big issue is that she is unmarried and is the only family member left in India unless she has other siblings in India. She presents a big risk for trying to remain in Canada.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
The big issue is that she is unmarried and is the only family member left in India unless she has other siblings in India. She presents a big risk for trying to remain in Canada.
Yes That is definitely looks a Red flag in OP case

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
If you don't mind, can I ask:

How much money did she show in each of the applications?
How much money does she earn as a government teacher?
Her ties (your wife and mom) in Canada clearly is stronger now, made her 2nd and 3rd applications rather weak. What other ties can she show in India? Btw, birthday celebration are hardly reasons for coming to Canada

How much money:
1st app: approx 55 lacs
2ndapp: approx 75 lacs
3rd app: approx 150 lacs including house
Earning: approx 1 lac per month
they have their uncles, aunts, cousins and their families in India.

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
Yes That is definitely looks a Red flag in OP case
But she genuinely wants to come to visit us only, she is happy with her job, done doctorate in literature and is well established in her job and community in India.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How much money:
1st app: approx 55 lacs
2ndapp: approx 75 lacs
3rd app: approx 150 lacs including house
Earning: approx 1 lac per month
they have their uncles, aunts, cousins and their families in India.
Unfortunately, although the money show is much, the others does not looks like strong ties at least to me. If you search the forum, young and single persons are more difficult to get visit visa in general.

Instead of using "visit family members" as purpose of visit, how about tourism? Surely, she need to provide daily itinerary of where she will be travelling and what she would be sightseeing.