+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refusal for Sister

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately after 3 months my sister and her husband visitor visa was rejected based on following.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

She was visiting for 1 month, and each of them showed around 5K CAD in their bank account and i showed around 50K CAD in my bank account. They both have a job back home, the guys family is there. My parents are also back home. I am only one living in Canada. Any advise on what to do for applying visitor visa again?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately after 3 months my sister and her husband visitor visa was rejected based on following.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

She was visiting for 1 month, and each of them showed around 5K CAD in their bank account and i showed around 50K CAD in my bank account. They both have a job back home, the guys family is there. My parents are also back home. I am only one living in Canada. Any advise on what to do for applying visitor visa again?
Have just one apply. $5k was way too low for a month-long for two people. Your bank account is not relevant. They need to show that they can afford to visit and $5k may just cover airfare. If your sister applies alone for a two-week visit after bumping up savings to around $10k then she may have a chance. Parents are not a tie but her spouse is if her remains in home country. She shouldn't reapply until funds have doubled.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Have just one apply. $5k was way too low for a month-long for two people. Your bank account is not relevant. They need to show that they can afford to visit and $5k may just cover airfare. If your sister applies alone for a two-week visit after bumping up savings to around $10k then she may have a chance. Parents are not a tie but her spouse is if her remains in home country. She shouldn't reapply until funds have doubled.
Can they both not visit? they just got married and its like their honeymoon

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can they both not visit? they just got married and its like their honeymoon
Then they need to reapply when they have the funds in their bank accounts to support their visit. Want to show funds have been sustained for a few months. If funds from you or another family member are dumped in their accounts then it will be red flagged and IRCC will ask where funds came from.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Then they need to reapply when they have the funds in their bank accounts to support their visit. Want to show funds have been sustained for a few months. If funds from you or another family member are dumped in their accounts then it will be red flagged and IRCC will ask where funds came from.
Thanks! what about the rest of the things? like ties and stuff?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Where are they from? Conditions in the country influence approval. Do they have previous international travel to places like US, UK,Australia,etc.? Do they own any property? Do they have well paying longterm jobs? If not there are increased risks of them trying to remain in Canada. Their savings is a huge hurdle. They would be spending a significant portion of their savings for a short vacation which doesn’t make sense. There are many nice places to honeymoon that are much more affordable. The fact that you are sponsoring your parents is another huge reason that there will be concerns that your sister and her husband will try to remain in Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi Everyone,

Plus if they’ve just newly married, then in affect they are draining their bank account to visit , when that money should be used as a base on their new life together as a married couple

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They don’t have family ties so cannot show that. As for other stuff - job letters with leave, investment properties in their name not parents, investments etc. Funds are their biggest hurdle and newly married to honeymoon in Canada with little cash and spending their little savings makes no sense. If serious, wait a while until they have a healthy bank account.