+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Questionnaire about previous US Visa

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hi all, my friend's wife is applying for Canada visitor visa from India and is having a doubt at 1 question in the questionnaire.

Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be traveling with at this time.
--She never had a US Visa BUT my friend (who lived in the US until 2020 and US Visa expired recently) will also be traveling with her on this trip to Canada.

Based on this should she answer YES or NO ? They are confused. If answer is YES, the list of documents asked in final screen have drastically reduced.

@armoured any inputs please?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all, my friend's wife is applying for Canada visitor visa from India and is having a doubt at 1 question in the questionnaire.

Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be traveling with at this time.
--She never had a US Visa BUT my friend (who lived in the US until 2020 and US Visa expired recently) will also be traveling with her on this trip to Canada.

Based on this should she answer YES or NO ? They are confused. If answer is YES, the list of documents asked in final screen have drastically reduced.

@armoured any inputs please?
The friends are applying separately and are not family so NO.

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
You never mentioned the husband. So I would say YES.
Thanks! Should have put it across that way instead of friend and friend's wife terminology. My bad!

So answering YES have drastically reduced the supporting documents requirements.Travel History, Passport, Photo, Family Form 5707.

They are not asking proof of financials/proof of travel/proof of relationship with travelling companion etc which came up if they answered NO.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks! Should have put it across that way instead of friend and friend's wife terminology. My bad!

So answering YES have drastically reduced the supporting documents requirements.Travel History, Passport, Photo, Family Form 5707.

They are not asking proof of financials/proof of travel/proof of relationship with travelling companion etc which came up if they answered NO.
Oh just misread it…it says VALID visa. So if the husband doesn’t have a valid visa then it is NO. She needs to fill out the forms.

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Oh just misread it…it says VALID visa. So if the husband doesn’t have a valid visa then it is NO. She needs to fill out the forms.

@Naturgrl though he doesn't have a valid US now...It says OR legally travelled to the US in past 10 years which he did.

Last edited: