+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Question

kaushal8394

Feb 1, 2014
Hi,

I have booked Alaska cruise tour for May which has a stop-over in Victoria, BC. The cruise reservation has both of our names on the booking receipt. Since there is a stop-over in Victoria, BC and the cruise would enter international waters, I need Canadian visitor visa.

I have a situation and need advice regarding the best way to handle this. I am on H1B visa in USA and my fiancé is in India. We are getting married in March and she would be joining me in USA in May (5 days before our Alaska trip). I need to sponsor my wife finances for the trip. Based on this situation, I guess the earliest, we both can apply for visitor visa is after marriage, sometime in March.

I can think of applying for visa in 3 different ways
1. I apply from USA and my wife applies from India.
2. We both apply from USA (as family member travelling together). I submit my passport for visa stamping in USA and my wife submits her passport for visa stamping in India
3. We both apply from India (as family member travelling together). I submit my passport for visa stamping in USA and my wife submits her passport for visa stamping in India.

Note: I was issued Canadian visitor visa couple of years back, but it has expired now.

Please guide me as to how should I approach this situation.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kaushal8394 said:
Hi,

I have booked Alaska cruise tour for May which has a stop-over in Victoria, BC. The cruise reservation has both of our names on the booking receipt. Since there is a stop-over in Victoria, BC and the cruise would enter international waters, I need Canadian visitor visa.

I have a situation and need advice regarding the best way to handle this. I am on H1B visa in USA and my fiancé is in India. We are getting married in March and she would be joining me in USA in May (5 days before our Alaska trip). I need to sponsor my wife finances for the trip. Based on this situation, I guess the earliest, we both can apply for visitor visa is after marriage, sometime in March.

I can think of applying for visa in 3 different ways
1. I apply from USA and my wife applies from India.
2. We both apply from USA (as family member travelling together). I submit my passport for visa stamping in USA and my wife submits her passport for visa stamping in India
3. We both apply from India (as family member travelling together). I submit my passport for visa stamping in USA and my wife submits her passport for visa stamping in India.

Note: I was issued Canadian visitor visa couple of years back, but it has expired now.

Please guide me as to how should I approach this situation.

Thanks.
1. Only 1 will work.

kaushal8394

Feb 1, 2014
What should I submit for the travel itinerary?

I am taking Alaska cruise from Seattle, WA, USA with stop-over at Victoria, BC, Canada and have my fiancé name on the reservation too. My fiancé will be applying for visitor visa at a later time.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kaushal8394 said:
What should I submit for the travel itinerary?

I am taking Alaska cruise from Seattle, WA, USA with stop-over at Victoria, BC, Canada and have my fiancé name on the reservation too. My fiancé will be applying for visitor visa at a later time.
You should have received a copy of the ship's itinerary when you received the confirmation of your deposit for the cruise.

PR_User

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
@Kaushal..

First of all congratz on your wedding.

My friend is in a similar condition like yours.Her fiance is in USA with h1b visa and she is in India and they have booked this cruise in july after marriage.

In this case her visa got rejected with the reason "Insufficient funds" since she applied independently.

So what should be her further steps in obtaining the canadian visitor visa solely for the purpose of the cruise travel.

Did you and you wife get the visitor visa on time ? If so can you share the list of documents you submitted for the same.

Thanks.