+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Processing Time

madhukiran777

Feb 12, 2014
Friends,
Could some one tell me what is the minimum avg time to get the visitor visa after we submit the original passport to Canada Consulate...?

I applied online, its got approved. I submitted my original passports on 21st Feb. Appreciate your kind response.

thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
madhukiran777 said:
Friends,
Could some one tell me what is the minimum avg time to get the visitor visa after we submit the original passport to Canada Consulate...?

I applied online, its got approved. I submitted my original passports on 21st Feb. Appreciate your kind response.

thanks
There is no such thing as "minimum average time". Once the passport is in, they take 2-3 days to seal it, then it goes through Canada Post.... depending where the consulate is and where you are times might vary.

madhukiran777

Feb 12, 2014
Thak you for the reply,

One more question instead of USPS i attached Fed Ex Express return cover.... Will it be a problem..?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
madhukiran777 said:
Thak you for the reply,

One more question instead of USPS i attached Fed Ex Express return cover.... Will it be a problem..?
Why would it be?

madhukiran777

Feb 12, 2014
Because the Guy at the New York Canada Consulate office asked me did you attach USPS return label, i Said no instead attached Fex Ex Express, then he stared at me and said OK, please drop here.

I felt something not good with his expression when he said "OK DROP HERE'.

Other thing i attached with in USA return receipt, is this right or wrong, because i am not sure from where i will get Visa Stamped my passport....Is it from New York or Canada...?..

This is may be silly question but this Canada Online services made me to ask this kind of questions (I feel online services are not that user friendly & Customer Service also Pathetic )

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

madhukiran777 said:
Because the Guy at the New York Canada Consulate office asked me did you attach USPS return label, i Said no instead attached Fex Ex Express, then he stared at me and said OK, please drop here.

Other thing i attached with in USA return receipt, is this right or wrong, because i am not sure from where i will get Visa Stamped my passport....Is it from New York or Canada...?..

This is may be silly question but this Canada Online services made me to ask this kind of questions (I feel online services are not that user friendly & Customer Service also Pathetic )
Did you read the instructions about mailing? It would appear not.

If your mailing address is in the USA:

Include a self-addressed United States Postal Service/USPS Express Mail flat rate envelope with the correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable.
Keep a record of the tracking number on the USPS Express Mail label so that you can track delivery of the envelope at www.USPS.com.
For USPS Priority Mail envelopes, you must also attach a Delivery Confirmation form with correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable. (Priority Mail envelopes do not have a tracking number.)
If you do not provide an acceptable return envelope, the visa office will mail your passports and original documents via regular mail with no tracking number.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
madhukiran777 said:

Ah you are doing this in the USA, good PMM was around to answer your question.

You should ALWAYS put what country are you talking about so we can help you better :)

Dreya

Mar 2, 2014
TRAVEL AUTHORITY when applyong for visa

Hi! I'm a Governement Employee here in the Philippines. Is a Travel Authority a requirement when applying for a Canadian Visa? Or it's juta needed when I'm about to leave the country. Because when I went to Beijing and applied for a Chinese Visa, no travel authority was needed when i applied for the visa. Please help me. Thanks!

madhukiran777

Feb 12, 2014
Friends,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions, I received stamped passports, and it was quick. For me Turn around time is only 2 weeks ( from the date of my application submission and and received passport with Canada Stamp.

I am taking back my words about Consulate service...............

Nikhil1001

Mar 3, 2014
Hello Guys,
I have applied Visitor visa on 28th Jan 2014.
Today is 3rd March 2014, but my application status is still on open (Received Application).
I am not sure why its taking so much time to process my visa application.
I received email from CIC twice stating that my application is updated, but I don't see any progress in my application.

Anyone with same case like this??

aks123

Mar 3, 2014
Hi Nikhil1001,

I am also in same boat as u....applied online on 10th feb ...no update yet...application still in open status...

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
Hi every
Please any one tell me what is the different b/t multiple enty visa or visitor visa.which one is easy to get .single enty visa or multiplw entry visa .
I live in canada since july 2012 as a PR rite now I want to apply visit visa for my parents.

zhuyanfei

Mar 5, 2014
I submitted my application online on January 17. (F1 student in the U.S.)
Also got two emails notifying about the "updates," one soon after the submission and the other about a week later, but nothing changed in MyCIC either time.
It still shows "OPEN" after nearly two months.
Absolutely horrid and incompetent.