+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa (parents) Philippines

Danny2014

Sep 27, 2016
Hi Guys....

I have lots of questions regarding for TRV for my parents.. I need your help please.
I hope someone will give me answers..
I am starting to do the paper application for my parents in Canada and planning to send to them thru mail. But doing their paperwork I am confused and got into thoughts that this might not approve.
1: My dad is now 58 currently working as a plumber. He got a employment certificate but there is no information when the contract ends. According to my dad they will only find out until the project is end. I dont know what to put in the application IMM 5257 under (employment)
2: We dont have any assets, only renting small place in Manila.(no contract or any paper)
3: They have joint accts but only amount of $ 3000 cad.
4: My mom is now 61 currently in pension but she is only receiving about P 3,000 pesos.
So asking anyone's suggestion on what to do. Please help me.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hello!

1.Regarding your dad's employment certificate, I would suggest to put there " he is expected to come back to work on _______ (put date). The end of contract is not necessary. on the form you can just specify date started 00/00/00 then on end date just put the present date when you applied.
2. On your invitation letter, provide this information- if they are renting that is fine.
3. their joint account is fine as you will provide other financial proof. (your T4, NOA, COE, payslips etc. )
4. This is ok as well. When I applied for my mom's visit visa, I also mentioned that she is just receiving monthly pension. I provided a copy of her bank statement and a letter from GSIS.

Check my previous posts , I have a sample letter that you can use for your parents' application.

Reactions: Elmi85

Danny2014

Sep 27, 2016
Thank you Charmaine for the response. I have another question too.. Do I have to buy the plane ticket or wait till when the visa approve? How about the eta? Should I need this to apply? When should I have to do it? My parents wasn't that good when using computer so I'm planning to fix all their paperwork?
Thanks Again.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Danny2014 said:
Thank you Charmaine for the response. I have another question too.. Do I have to buy the plane ticket or wait till when the visa approve? How about the eta? Should I need this to apply? When should I have to do it? My parents wasn't that good when using computer so I'm planning to fix all their paperwork?
Thanks Again.
You don't need the ETA. It's only for visa-exempt people. You are obviously applying for a visa.
Don't buy a plane ticket either until you get their visa.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Danny2014 said:
Thanks Again.
Hi! Don't buy plane tickets yet. Wait for the visa to be approved. ETA is not applicable for us since we are not from visa exempt country.

I suggest you fill up the forms and send it to your parents, then they can just sign it. (This is if you decide to apply by paper application) to be submitted to VFS Manila.

You can also apply online.

Let me know if you need help. :) good luck!

Danny2014

Sep 27, 2016
Hello again.
Another question from you guys. We've decided that I can only invite my mother to come and visit us in canada. I cannot able to invite My father because according to him he can't get time off from work his boss won't let him. Anyway
My question is :
1: If i indicate this to letter that my dad can't come and visit us ? Is this will be a good reason for strong family ties?
2: Last year around october 2015, We tried to apply a supervisa for my mother but we got refused. In the form 5257 there is a question saying
(Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or to leave Canada or any other country)?….Should I answer it Yes even if it is happen last year and include the reason?

Thanks again..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1. Up to you, but keep it simple and straightforward.

2. Yes you must declare the supervisa refusal and any other visa refusals from other countries, especially the US. If you don't, it may result in a 5-year ban.

marianneb

Sep 18, 2012
Hi!

I need help! We are ready to pass my mom's application online, however, whenever we try to upload the IMM 5257 (Application for Temporary resident Visa outside Canada) it always says error :(

We fill-out the PDF form thru computer then print it then my mom signed it and then scanned it to upload it on our online application. But it always says error.

Please give me advice! Thank you!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
marianneb said:
Hi!

I need help! We are ready to pass my mom's application online, however, whenever we try to upload the IMM 5257 (Application for Temporary resident Visa outside Canada) it always says error :(

We fill-out the PDF form thru computer then print it then my mom signed it and then scanned it to upload it on our online application. But it always says error.

Please give me advice! Thank you!
Is your file bigger than 4 MB?

Or verify that your scanned file is in PDF format and not any other format like JPG.

marianneb

Sep 18, 2012
bellaluna said:
Is your file bigger than 4 MB?

Or verify that your scanned file is in PDF format and not any other format like JPG.
The file is in PDF format and it is only less than 2MB..

marje_16

Mar 3, 2014
Hi, if your parent is applying online, I believe printing and signing the papers is not required since electronic signature will be requested when you submit her application.