+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Parents and Sibling

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
Hello,

I am looking to apply for a visitor visa for my parents and sibling. I have the following questions:

1. Can I apply on their behalf in a single online application?
2. How much time do I get for their biometrics once I have submitted the application?
3. Are Indian applicants still required to provide biometrics during covid or is there a way around it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I am looking to apply for a visitor visa for my parents and sibling. I have the following questions:

1. Can I apply on their behalf in a single online application?
2. How much time do I get for their biometrics once I have submitted the application?
3. Are Indian applicants still required to provide biometrics during covid or is there a way around it?
1. How old is your sibling? If over 22, sibling has own application and parents have another. You can apply as their representative (forms online).
2. You wait for BVL letter and then book a time.
3. Biometrics are mandatory and no way around it unless they travel to another country for biometrics.

Dcobasi12

May 13, 2020
@Naturgrl

I need clarification on this question pls.
1. So if the sibling is under 22, can they apply with parents application?
2. if the sibling is above 22 and has their own application, can the sibling apply with a parent or parents in a group application under the new ircc portal.
3. Finally, if the answer to number 2 is yes, can you kindly share the link where you found it on the Canada website because I have tried to find it and haven't yet, or is your answer based on past application for your parents and siblings.

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
@Naturgrl

Thanks for your reply. My brother is over 22, does this mean he has to apply separately from my parents. I was thinking of applying for all 3 in the same application, is that not possible?

He has also applied earlier and his visa got rejected, Does that come with its own problems, do we need to take care of anything specifically this time?

Also, while filling out the forms on IRCC, it redirected me to create an account on IRCC portal. How is that different from GC key login? As a representative, is portal better than GC Key or vice versa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl

Thanks for your reply. My brother is over 22, does this mean he has to apply separately from my parents. I was thinking of applying for all 3 in the same application, is that not possible?

He has also applied earlier and his visa got rejected, Does that come with its own problems, do we need to take care of anything specifically this time?

Also, while filling out the forms on IRCC, it redirected me to create an account on IRCC portal. How is that different from GC key login? As a representative, is portal better than GC Key or vice versa?
He is an adult so applies on his own. An application with your parents is not possible. He needs to show his own funds, travel history, ties to home country etc. He will always need to declare any visa refusals to Canada and any other country. He needs to address the reasons for his refusal too. Not sure about portals as IRCC set up. Use what you are directed to.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@Naturgrl

Yes, he needs to apply separately since he is an adult.

If he was refused earlier, he needs to make sure he declares this refusal in his new application and also needs to put together a stronger application this time to address the reasons why his application was refused the first time.

Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hello,

I’m PR holder staying in Ontario since 2019 earning 55K CAD annually. I want to apply for visitor visa of my mother 50 yrs old and brother 29 yrs old.

My mother is housewife, and brother is a working professional since 2014 with proper salary in account, PF deduction and 4 ITRs available. He has around 6 lac rs old funds + 2000 CAD mutual funds.

Please advise if I can apply for his visitor visa along with my mother. And, what are the chances of getting approved for his visa.

Regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I’m PR holder staying in Ontario since 2019 earning 55K CAD annually. I want to apply for visitor visa of my mother 50 yrs old and brother 29 yrs old.

My mother is housewife, and brother is a working professional since 2014 with proper salary in account, PF deduction and 4 ITRs available. He has around 6 lac rs old funds + 2000 CAD mutual funds.

Please advise if I can apply for his visitor visa along with my mother. And, what are the chances of getting approved for his visa.

Regards
No one can tell you the chances. They apply separately and their applicaitons are assessed on their own merits. This will be based on funds, travel history, ties to home country, reason for visit.

Reactions: Obrahu

Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
No one can tell you the chances. They apply separately and their applicaitons are assessed on their own merits. This will be based on funds, travel history, ties to home country, reason for visit.
Will the officer be aware that both the mother and sibling was invited by me at the same time?

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hello. I don't seem to understand. If I want to invite my sister with her son as a visitor who is 18, can her son apply separately?

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Your nephew is under 22 so is part of his mother's application.
Thank you for reply. It's actually my wife's nephew we want to invite and her sister, but we want to that her nephew comes first with my wife's mother for whom we have applied for Trv visa in the beginning of march. My wife's mother already came to Canada twice, however her visa has expired and we are making a new one.
Anyways, can my wife's nephew who is living with his mom (my wife's sister) apply for a trv on his own before my wife's sister applies? In other words, can we apply for a trv on his behalf before we apply for her sister's trv or they have to apply together at the same time? Where I can read more information about all this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for reply. It's actually my wife's nephew we want to invite and her sister, but we want to that her nephew comes first with my wife's mother for whom we have applied for Trv visa in the beginning of march. My wife's mother already came to Canada twice, however her visa has expired and we are making a new one.
Anyways, can my wife's nephew who is living with his mom (my wife's sister) apply for a trv on his own before my wife's sister applies? In other words, can we apply for a trv on his behalf before we apply for her sister's trv or they have to apply together at the same time? Where I can read more information about all this?
The nephew can apply separately or together with the mother. Your choice.

Rgill133

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hello,

Regards
Please share results ,i also wanna apply for my brother ,he is 28 years old.