+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa or Super Visa for Parents ?

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
If the details are not too personal, you can post it here
I am having issues creating CIC account online because my mother doesnt have last name on her passport & last name field is mandatory while signing up , can somebody tell me what to do here?
First step and I am stuck.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Regular trv doesnt need medical test. Super visa needs medical test.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did you get a chance to look at the message?
There's a huge backlog of private messages. I have a super hectic schedule presently which doesn't leave me much time to check private messages after I reply to posts on the open forum.

You can post the details here (if there's no personal information)

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I signed up for both regular TRV and Super Visa to look at the documents that are required. Please look at the breakdown below to see the documents that are common/different for both the type of applications (except passport copies, photo and forms which are same in both):-

Super Visa Application:

Invitation Letter (required)
Medical Insurance Coverage (required)
Inviter's Employment Letter (required)
Notice of Assessment (required)
Purpose of Travel - Other (required)
Proof of Relationship (required)

TRV Application:
Invitation Letter (required)
Medical Insurance Coverage (required)

Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
Purpose of Travel - Other (required)
Proof of Relationship (required)
Travel History (required)

As you can see, the only difference is the highlighted part, rest all is same. To be honest, to me it looks like - super visa application is more reliant on me and doesnt rely on financial support, property or ties of my parents to their home country, which is good because I am in good standing and I have all the documents that are required.

Whereas in TRV case, it is all about my parents independent standing in terms of finances , property , ties etc.

Please help helpme decide what should I go with? The only issue is that my parents plan to come for 2-3 months next year only.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As you can see, the only difference is the highlighted part, rest all is same. To be honest, to me it looks like - super visa application is more reliant on me and doesnt rely on financial support, property or ties of my parents to their home country, which is good because I am in good standing and I have all the documents that are required.

Whereas in TRV case, it is all about my parents independent standing in terms of finances , property , ties etc.

Please help helpme decide what should I go with? The only issue is that my parents plan to come for 2-3 months next year only.
Hi,

Don't go by the literal titles of the documents suggested checklist. It is not as simple as this.

There is a difference:
1. Yes, your financials/your ability to meet LICO matter for their super visas. Not theirs to a large extent.

2. They need to pass the medicals for super visas (which is not mandatory if they apply for TRVs.... unless medicals are requested by the visa office)

There are similarities:
For both super visas and TRVs (which are actually temporary, short stay visas), your parents must demonstrate strong ties to return home to at the end of their visit.

If your parents can prove their financial ability to pay for a short, single visit + keep the visit to 3-4 weeks max. (not 2-3 months) + prove they have reasons to return home (so far, IMO, they don't have any strong ties for both super visas or TRVs) then they can apply for TRVs.

You would need to post their individual situation + individual documents if you still need advice.

You may also want to consider applying for only one of them (by indicating the other parent as a family tie to return home to)

Cheers

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
Hi,

Don't go by the literal titles of the documents suggested checklist. It is not as simple as this.

There is a difference:
1. Yes, your financials/your ability to meet LICO matter for their super visas. Not theirs to a large extent.

2. They need to pass the medicals for super visas (which is not mandatory if they apply for TRVs.... unless medicals are requested by the visa office)

There are similarities:
For both super visas and TRVs (which are actually temporary, short stay visas), your parents must demonstrate strong ties to return home to at the end of their visit.

If your parents can prove their financial ability to pay for a short, single visit + keep the visit to 3-4 weeks max. (not 2-3 months) + prove they have reasons to return home (so far, IMO, they don't have any strong ties for both super visas or TRVs) then they can apply for TRVs.

You would need to post their individual situation + individual documents if you still need advice.

You may also want to consider applying for only one of them (by indicating the other parent as a family tie to return home to)

Cheers
Can i apply for my dad first and not for my mom and once visa is granted to my dad , apply for mom and say my dad is back home?

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
Hi,

There is a difference:

There are similarities:

Cheers
Why in your opinion they dont have strong ties? What do you expect , a 65 year old to have a job or run a business at this age? Grandparents are already expired.

They get monthly pension. Can show bank statements (their savings).

What else is considered as strong ties? Tell me.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why in your opinion they dont have strong ties? What do you expect , a 65 year old to have a job or run a business at this age? Grandparents are already expired.

They get monthly pension. Can show bank statements (their savings).

What else is considered as strong ties? Tell me.
Tone down your language!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am sorry. I am just frustrated.
Why take it out on me?!! I've been patiently answering all your questions.

If you really want an honest answer:
Yes, at 65 years.... and IMO, in most cases.... retired people would have already established stronger visa profiles than say someone in their 20's.

These ties would most probably include property or land ownership (or alternatively, have a lease/rent agreement) + or maybe they keep themselves gainfully employed after retirement (business or consultancy or sometimes just volunteering for free for charity or social causes) + stronger financials (I'm again comparing with a 20-year old applicant) + have some travel history, etc

You haven't posted much information about your parents' individual situations so that we can suggest ways to make their applications stronger.

One suggestion:
1. Your mom can prove she must return to renew her pension

2. If your mom worked in a government department, does she get any retirement benefits which she would lose if she remains abroad for long-term?

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
I am again very sorry. Your opinion is all that matters to me in making this decision. I appreciate a lot.

By rent agreement, do you mean from the tenant perspective? Yes, they are living on rent and can ask the owner to prepare rent agreement ( they will be paying for 2 months in advance as their rent before coming here).

1) About if my mom needs to renew pension yearly, most likely yes, but i can confirm.

2) She did work in government job, as a benefit, she can claim medical expenses if required.