+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa or Super Visa for Parents ?

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
My parents are planning to visit me next year for 2-3 months. I am a permanent resident and work full time job earning 50k> annually.

3-4 years down the line, my parents would like to stay with me in Canada regularly for longer periods because I am the only son and they are alone back home.

• Can someone advise me what kind of visa should I apply?
  • Can I apply for super visa even if my parents have valid tourist visa valid for 5-10 years? (Are chances of getting super visa less if you already have toursit visa?)

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
I have done my research and read these links. However, I would like to know from people's experience who have already applied and have been in this situation.

I need to know - if there are more chances of getting a visitor visa as compared to super visa or vice versa?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I need to know - if there are more chances of getting a visitor visa as compared to super visa or vice versa?
It's impossible for anyone to guess which visa is more likely because assessment depends on several, unique factors which are specific to your parents' individual situations.

For TRVs:
Purpose and duration of their visit + demonstration of their strong ties to their home country + good financial situation, etc

For super visas:
Again, purpose of their visit + demonstration of their strong ties to their home country + your must meet LICO + their medicals, etc

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
It's impossible for anyone to guess which visa is more likely because assessment depends on several, unique factors which are specific to your parents' individual situations.

For TRVs:
Purpose and duration of their visit + demonstration of their strong ties to their home country + good financial situation, etc

For super visas:
Again, purpose of their visit + demonstration of their strong ties to their home country + your must meet LICO + their medicals, etc
The difference is "good financial situation"? I can give you unique factors.

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
My parents are retired, aged 65, 66. [AGE] Both have already traveled to NZ once and have valid visitor visa for the same until next year [TRAVEL HISTORY]. Have around 15K CAD$ in their mutual savings account, no property. [FINANCIAL SITUATION]. My parents have their siblings/mom living in the same country [TIES]

Rest please ask me ? I can give you more details.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My parents are retired, aged 65, 66. [AGE] Both have already traveled to NZ once and have valid visitor visa for the same until next year [TRAVEL HISTORY].
That would help for TRVs

Have around 15K CAD$ in their mutual savings account, no property. [FINANCIAL SITUATION].
If you and/or someone else has transferred part/all of this amount, it could indicate the possibility of your parents overstaying their visit.

If they are employed/business/earn a pension + this bank balance was earned through any of those sources then it would help for their TRVs.

Property is a good asset/tie even if it is an inactive tie and does not call for any immediate reason to return.

My parents have their siblings/mom living in the same country [TIES]
Their siblings/mom don't count as 'Family Ties' to return to.... unless they have a sibling/their parent who lives with them and is medically/financially dependent on your parents (evidence would be necessary to establish it as a tie)[/QUOTE]

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
That would help for TRVs

If you and/or someone else has transferred part/all of this amount, it could indicate the possibility of your parents overstaying their visit.

If they are employed/business/earn a pension + this bank balance was earned through any of those sources then it would help for their TRVs.

Property is a good asset/tie even if it is an inactive tie and does not call for any immediate reason to return.

Their siblings/mom don't count as 'Family Ties' to return to.... unless they have a sibling/their parent who lives with them and is medically/financially dependent on your parents (evidence would be necessary to establish it as a tie)
[/QUOTE]

My mom gets pension and the money is part of their savings from pension and job that they had 5-8 years ago. Bank statements from past 3-6 months should be enough to depict this? There is no business or any other source of income for them.

However, I work full time and have enough savings to support even if required. Regular TRV is more of like applicant dependent & super visa is like sponsor dependent?

So, you conclude that TRV is good option or Super Visa in this case?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My mom gets pension and the money is part of their savings from pension and job that they had 5-8 years ago. Bank statements from past 3-6 months should be enough to depict this? There is no business or any other source of income for them.
3 months' bank statements are inadequate. Financials are only one component of the visa application.

So, you conclude that TRV is good option or Super Visa in this case?
Unfortunately, IMO, your parents have weak applications. Based on the details you've shared, they don't have strong ties to their home country. Both Super visas/TRV applicants must prove they have strong reasons to return home.

1. Your parents are retired/ not employed/ don't have a business = No employment ties to return to

2. They don't have property or a lease agreement = Nil immovable assets to return to

3. They don't have dependent family = Family ties to Canada will be stronger/imbalanced to those in their home country = Possibility of overstaying

4. NZ General Visitor Visas are usually issued for 3 months. As your parents have NZ visitor visas which are valid until next year i.e. beyond 3 months, they must have been granted longer duration visas for some special reason. For example, if one of your siblings/their children live in NZ.

And, would their NZ visas be valid when they apply for a Canada TRVs?

You haven't posted too many details. It's difficult to advise on bits and pieces of information. You may want to post the comprehensive list of documents that you intend to submit for each parent + their individual situation/what you believe could help to strengthen their case

Last edited:

nick999

Nov 19, 2017
3 months' bank statements are inadequate. Financials are only one component of the visa application.

Unfortunately, IMO, your parents have weak applications. Based on the details you've shared, they don't have strong ties to their home country. Both Super visas/TRV applicants must prove they have strong reasons to return home.

1. Your parents are retired/ not employed/ don't have a business = No employment ties to return to

2. They don't have property or a lease agreement = Nil immovable assets to return to

3. They don't have dependent family = Family ties to Canada will be stronger/imbalanced to those in their home country = Possibility of overstaying

4. NZ General Visitor Visas are usually issued for 3 months. As your parents have NZ visitor visas which are valid until next year i.e. beyond 3 months, they must have been granted longer duration visas for some special reason. For example, if one of your siblings/their children live in NZ.

And, would their NZ visas be valid when they apply for a Canada TRVs?

You haven't posted too many details. It's difficult to advise on bits and pieces of information. You may want to post the comprehensive list of documents that you intend to submit for each parent + their individual situation/what you believe could help to strengthen their case
Can I message you with all the details?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
My parents are planning to visit me next year for 2-3 months. I am a permanent resident and work full time job earning 50k> annually.

3-4 years down the line, my parents would like to stay with me in Canada regularly for longer periods because I am the only son and they are alone back home.

• Can someone advise me what kind of visa should I apply?
  • Can I apply for super visa even if my parents have valid tourist visa valid for 5-10 years? (Are chances of getting super visa less if you already have toursit visa?)
Why do they need super visa if they already have regular tourist visa? In super visa, they will need 1 year medical insurance and they will have to pass the medical test.