+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa of parent with no invitation letter

Salman003

May 21, 2017
Lahore, Pakistan
Hi GUYS,
Please I need help.

I recently got my EE application approved and got visa stamping and COPR. I am moving to Canada within couple of months. I want to apply for my mom (widowed, got UK 5 years visit visa recently stamped, age 59, all my siblings are in UK) visitor visa as tourist category (as invitation letter is not required according to checklist of documents created on cic website) or any other type.

The reason I want to apply her visa without my invitation letter is after I move to Canada she will be alone and cant live in Pakistan alone so she will be traveling to UK before my flight to Canada.

Now, what are the chances if she writes that she will be visiting me to attend my son's birthday in FEB and will also visit few tourist attractions and will stay for a week or two in Canada and then will fly to UK. After that she will again visit us in December on my Birthday. As a proof of ties with parent country, she got 30,000 $ CAD in her account and a house on all of our name (combine inherited Property). She is financially dependant on my brother in UK and we have his salary slips and online banking transactions transferring money every month or two in her account. In accommodation proof I am planning to attach affidavit from my side that she will stay with me as I will be hiring a house after my landing. (another option is booking on her name on airbnb or booking of a flat on my name on airbnb). With accompanying person can I attach my non activated COPR?

Another point, Can I write her invitation letter before my landing and activation of COPR?

Please need help. Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Hi GUYS,
Please I need help.

I recently got my EE application approved and got visa stamping and COPR. I am moving to Canada within couple of months. I want to apply for my mom (widowed, got UK 5 years visit visa recently stamped, age 59, all my siblings are in UK) visitor visa as tourist category (as invitation letter is not required according to checklist of documents created on cic website) or any other type.
I've given similar advice here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-parents-and-siblings.527794/

Also, your mom must apply for a 'Family visit', not as a tourist i.e. with an invitation letter from yourself.
1. As a family member of a landed PR host, your mom has better chances of a TRV approval (if she proves she will not remain in Canada long-term as a visitor).

2. On the contrary, as a tourist, your mom would need to include a detailed itinerary with expense estimates + hotel bookings + finances to pay for the itinerary/hotel/airfare, etc

The reason I want to apply her visa without my invitation letter is after I move to Canada she will be alone and cant live in Pakistan alone so she will be traveling to UK before my flight to Canada.
You'll need to be really careful in your choice of words when your mom applies. I would refrain from saying something like the bolded text.

Now, what are the chances if she writes that she will be visiting me to attend my son's birthday in FEB and will also visit few tourist attractions and will stay for a week or two in Canada and then will fly to UK. After that she will again visit us in December on my Birthday.
Generally, visa officers do not accept birthdays of children/grandchildren/relatives as 'Purpose of visit' = high possibility of TRV refusals.

I would also not state that your mom plans to return again and again for future visits. Do keep the TRV application limited to just one visit in the short future. If she presents her documents really well, her TRV validity would cover any other future visits.

IMO, it would be best if your mom visits the UK first before she applies for a Canada TRV. Her UK visit would be relatively short (max. 1-2 months). This way it would not seem like she is moving to Canada with you, nor would it seem like she is a long-stay visitor in the UK i.e. she genuinely has strong ties to Pakistan.

As a proof of ties with parent country, she got 30,000 $ CAD in her account and a house on all of our name (combine inherited Property).
Does your mom hold a Power of Attorney to represent all the co-owners of the property?
Has she represented other co-owners for any reason such as paying property taxes, maintenance and repairs, etc?

Cheers