+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Multiple entries in a year?

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
My mother is on visitor visa to canada and entered canada in sep 2022. Now she'll be going back in Feb 2023 and we want her back here in March 2023 for 6 months. Is this allowed & will she be asked additional questions? Anyone has done that with visitor visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My mother is on visitor visa to canada and entered canada in sep 2022. Now she'll be going back in Feb 2023 and we want her back here in March 2023 for 6 months. Is this allowed & will she be asked additional questions? Anyone has done that with visitor visa?
It's up to CBSA if and how long she is allowed back into Canada when she returns. It's possible she may be asked additional questions or she may not.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Hi, my parents are planning to visit me in July. I understand it is upto CBSA to decide how long they can reside.
But I would like to check with you, if CBSA asked any questions to your mother on arrival when she first came here?

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
Hi, my parents are planning to visit me in July. I understand it is upto CBSA to decide how long they can reside.
But I would like to check with you, if CBSA asked any questions to your mother on arrival when she first came here?
No they dint ask much but I also upfront showed them the return ticket for my mother. And they were all good.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
No they dint ask much but I also upfront showed them the return ticket for my mother. And they were all good.
Thank you very much for your response :).

It's been 4 years since we met. So they are planning to spend some 5 months with us here. And yes, they will definitely be booking the return tickets as well.

Will it be a problem if they show 5 months stay? Like if any proof of funds were asked?

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018

It's been 4 years since we met. So they are planning to spend some 5 months with us here. And yes, they will definitely be booking the return tickets as well.

Will it be a problem if they show 5 months stay? Like if any proof of funds were asked?
I doubt there will be a problem. As long as the stay is within 6 months they wont doubt.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

If they are only staying for 5 months it shouldn’t be an issue. The issue for OP is that the mother is essentially trying to take a vacation to their home country and then spend another long stretches of time in Canada. Generally Canada doesn’t want to see that you are trying to live in Canada and just trying to reset the 6 months stay by leaving the country for a short period of time. The next time OP’s mother leaves it should be for a longer period of time.

Reactions: amala1611

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
If they are only staying for 5 months it shouldn’t be an issue. The issue for OP is that the mother is essentially trying to take a vacation to their home country and then spend another long stretches of time in Canada. Generally Canada doesn’t want to see that you are trying to live in Canada and just trying to reset the 6 months stay by leaving the country for a short period of time. The next time OP’s mother leaves it should be for a longer period of time.
I understand, thank you very much for your response :)