Sep 15, 2020
Sharing my timeline
Application May 3, 2022
Biometric request May 3 2022
Biometric submitted May 6 2022
Medical request September 19 2022
Medical passed October 6, 2022
Passport request October 23, 2022
Congratulations! Glad to see some movement. Which country did you apply from? What was the application for? Cannot be TRV if it's asking for medicals?

Rakesh Sharma

Jun 17, 2017
Applied TRV from Delhi India on May 12
Biometric submitted on May 19
Status "We are reviewing eligibility" from many days
Any idea by when should I expect a response?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Applied TRV from Delhi India on May 12
Biometric submitted on May 19
Status "We are reviewing eligibility" from many days
Any idea by when should I expect a response?
For the past 3 months the focus of all visa offices was shifted from TRVs to Student Visa applications processing to clear backlogs of September 2022 intake and January 2023 intakes. They are targeting to clear all applications before the end of this year, so hopefully your file will process soon! Goodluck! What's your profile and base of application for TRV? Any prior history of application or visits to Canada or USA?

Rakesh Sharma

Jun 17, 2017
For the past 3 months the focus of all visa offices was shifted from TRVs to Student Visa applications processing to clear backlogs of September 2022 intake and January 2023 intakes. They are targeting to clear all applications before the end of this year, so hopefully your file will process soon! Goodluck! What's your profile and base of application for TRV? Any prior history of application or visits to Canada or USA?
To attend a wedding in December. I have visited US before.

Last edited:

PratikV123

Nov 1, 2019
Hi, spousal visitor visa application.

My timeline:
5th May application submission
13th May Biometric done
5th Sept Review started
No update since then.

I have raised a webform and also submitted the AOR yesterday from PR application. Hope I get update soon.
Got update today and it is bad news.
My spouse’s visa is rejected and it has the same reasons.

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
We applied for VV for my spouse in India on May 26 and gave biometrics on May 27.
We got biometrics validity letter a week back on Oct 27 and no movement post that.
We got GCMS today and it says
eligibility passed
Security (blank)
Criminality- passed bio
Does it mean anything?
Any reason we haven't got decision letter yet?

suresh28

Aug 3, 2022
Applied for TRV under R186g for artists' visa in the month of May from India, got rejection letter today. Reasons given are pretty standard- failure to meet Section 179(b), personal assets and financial status - when we are invited artists to the concert, we are getting sponsored by an organization, who would take care of our travel, fooding and lodging- all the details were attached to the applications, as well as our travel history reflects our recent US travel and other countries' travel, still such a huge mess from IRCC is extremely shameful and must be reconsidered. Our organizers also shared their bank statements along with organization's bank statement, along with multiple MP follow ups. Delhi India office is most definitely one of the most inefficient and disorganized organization anyone could ever encounter.

Thinking of applying for reconsideration. Anyone here has positive/negative experience with reconsideration or even reapplication?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applied for TRV under R186g for artists' visa in the month of May from India, got rejection letter today. Reasons given are pretty standard- failure to meet Section 179(b), personal assets and financial status - when we are invited artists to the concert, we are getting sponsored by an organization, who would take care of our travel, fooding and lodging- all the details were attached to the applications, as well as our travel history reflects our recent US travel and other countries' travel, still such a huge mess from IRCC is extremely shameful and must be reconsidered. Our organizers also shared their bank statements along with organization's bank statement, along with multiple MP follow ups. Delhi India office is most definitely one of the most inefficient and disorganized organization anyone could ever encounter.

Thinking of applying for reconsideration. Anyone here has positive/negative experience with reconsideration or even reapplication?
So this is one concert and just you? Explain how you meet R186g…just asking since that is reason for refusal. Did you show any funds or were you just coming to the concert and leaving? So the organization showed bank statements?

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019

Being artist and also being sponsored is a good thing as far as application is concerned. To call an organization shameful is not ethical everyone is doing their job. You can introspect on your application and apply again or request for reconsideration. Moreover no MP can influence a positive outcome on any application.
Good Luck with your next application.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020

Unfortunately a lot of 'artists' have come to Canada for concerts, or as chorus, or as instrumentalists for a singer or performing artist, or even in a group.... AND they've never gone back. They become what they call as "kabootar", because no institute, or organization can actually put you back on a plane once you're in Canada. Even if they say "the artist we are sponsoring will go back at the end of the visit after the planned concerts", so don't take it personally, they are only going by the history of this category.

Reactions: suresh28

suresh28

Aug 3, 2022
So this is one concert and just you? Explain how you meet R186g…just asking since that is reason for refusal. Did you show any funds or were you just coming to the concert and leaving? So the organization showed bank statements?
Not sure I followed your question. "This is one concert and just you" - we are a band of musicians and popular one too, our trip to Canada was for one concert which was arranged and sponsored by one of the organizations in Canada who most definitely has submitted their bank details and funding details in the application. We also showed funds in our bank statement, and also our extensive travel history reflects we have traveled to multiple countries and have gone back to our home country. We have also been to the US multiple times, UK a few times and many other countries. Our applications had all the newsletters and other details of our band. So rejection on 179b ground seems so meaningless and random to me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not sure I followed your question. "This is one concert and just you" - we are a band of musicians and popular one too, our trip to Canada was for one concert which was arranged and sponsored by one of the organizations in Canada who most definitely has submitted their bank details and funding details in the application. We also showed funds in our bank statement, and also our extensive travel history reflects we have traveled to multiple countries and have gone back to our home country. We have also been to the US multiple times, UK a few times and many other countries. Our applications had all the newsletters and other details of our band. So rejection on 179b ground seems so meaningless and random to me.
So you were refused on proof of funds. Did you see the organization’s financial statements to support the trip. The statements have to show that not all their funds are being used for this one concert. Also even though a group, you each applied separately showing individual funds. You can ask for reconsideration if funds are addressed. MP can’t influence a decision.

suresh28

Aug 3, 2022
So you were refused on proof of funds. Did you see the organization’s financial statements to support the trip. The statements have to show that not all their funds are being used for this one concert. Also even though a group, you each applied separately showing individual funds. You can ask for reconsideration if funds are addressed. MP can’t influence a decision.
Thank you! Yes, we showed our individual funds as well. Organization's fund we don't know but assuming that they did that due diligence from their end. The concern is the officer might have thought the case as TRV visa and has not even considered that it is for TRV visa under R186G