+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa may 2022

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Are you sure ? Sat / Sun and Public holidays of the High commission is not counted I guess since no work happens. It should be working days, if I am not wrong but unless I have overlooked this somewhere.

I also would like to know from those who got their PPR message/mail as to what time did they get the same, towards evening/late evening or it can come anytime of day/night ?
Below text from CIC website- also attached link below

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=540&top=13

Why has Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) switched from business days to calendar days to communicate its service standards?
We have switched from business days to calendar days so that service standards are clear and easy to understand. Calendar days are more meaningful. Now, you do not need to account for public holidays or weekends when looking at service standards. Also, using calendar days makes it easier for us to plan and track its processes fairly and transparently.”

Reactions: vijayar

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Details others who have received can provide regarding time, but they have sent out decisions on Saturdays and Sundays as well. Now this can be a system generated bulk batch job runs to automate final communication but since COVID, IRCC has had luxury of working from anywhere they feel safe at their own choice. Many have worked weekends as part of their freedom.
Thanks for this info. Good to know that all can expect the decision response anytime and not just through the weekdays.

Uniqueusername

Nov 26, 2019
Visit visa for husband from Saudi Arabia
Ircc Riyadh / applied through gckey portal

Timeline:
Submitted: 9th May 2022
Biometric request: 10th May
Biometric completed: 11th May
Documents requested: 3rd Oct
(Documents included: Updated employment letter, bank statements from Saudi and Canada)
BVL: 18th Oct
Refusal: 19th Oct

The standard reason of refusal:

• The purpose of your visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided

I am a PR due to give birth in December and was hoping my husband would make it in time. Any advice on what can be done now?

Uniqueusername

Nov 26, 2019
My wife's VV from India Submitted May 23,

Refused - June 9 ,

Request for reconsideration - June 16 (Using IRCC webform)

Passport request - Oct 14 ,

Its a wonder that they considered the reconsideration request and changed the final decision.
How and where did you request reconsideration? My Husband's visa got refused today. We had applied through gckey portal

Reactions: abdullah23

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Reactions: Uniqueusername

ayush.dafraik

Oct 9, 2017
Applied for my spouse visa on new portal from India

Timeline:
Submitted: 19th May 2022
Biometric request: 20th May
Biometric completed: 6th June
BVL: 20th Oct
Refusal: 21th Oct

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

any idea what should I do next.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020

Timeline:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

Apply for your Spousal Sponsorship if you're a PR or Citizen. If you're on a closed work permit, you could try again but it could still result in rejection UNLESS you can really really prove your spouse will go back. You'd need a very strong case and backed up by proofs (job letter), pay slips of spouse in India, etc etc etc. Your TRV will reject every time if your husband is in Canada, as the "spouse" supercedes any and all ties.

Reactions: ayush.dafraik

abab2022

Aug 18, 2022

Timeline:

Dont loose hope. Apply for reconsideration for your application. I am not sure how its done but have seem quite a few people going that way. All the best. And can you also share what was submitted for spouse employment and finances.

ayush.dafraik

Oct 9, 2017
I haven't provided the pay slips and and employment letter before I would try to do reconsideration through web form and provide the same and also other documents to support family tie outside Canada

Reactions: abab2022

abab2022

Aug 18, 2022
Dont loose hope. Apply for reconsideration for your application. I am not sure how its done but have seem quite a few people going that way. All the best. And can you also share what was submitted for spouse employment and finances.
get an expert advice from consultant. that way it will help filing proper re consideration.

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Applied for Spouse's visitor visa on May 26th and still waiting. New Delhi Visa office. This is depressing. Raised multiple webforms and no proper response. Contacting MP also elicits same response - no timelines for now. Is there a way out of this?

Terang1987

Star Member
May 12, 2018
I process my sister visitor visa online. I submitted the application May 28 and it was approved October 20
I also process visitor visa of my co worker’s son. I submitted the application May 26 and it was approved October 17.

Reactions: LorLor

abab2022

Aug 18, 2022
Applied for Spouse's visitor visa on May 26th and still waiting. New Delhi Visa office. This is depressing. Raised multiple webforms and no proper response. Contacting MP also elicits same response - no timelines for now. Is there a way out of this?
Have you applied for sponsorship as well at the same time.