+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa may 2022

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Has your background check started? I hope we all get a positive reply after a long wait.
Yes, the background check and eligibility check both started a long time ago. Maybe in May, I don't remember.

Yeah, I hope for a positive reply soon as well. It's been 5 months already.

raman2care

Jun 18, 2021
Yes it is the same no change. Are there chances of approval after waiting for so long or can applications be rejected too after a long wait. Any idea?
It'll be heartbreaking to see any negative result after waiting so long. Many plans are stuck due to this unexpected delay. And as I m waiting for more than 120 days , these last days are full of depression. No one can plan a travel in such advance, financial family & work situation can totally change. hopefully we all receive good results after that much wait.

Rainbow777

Star Member
Aug 24, 2022
It'll be heartbreaking to see any negative result after waiting so long. Many plans are stuck due to this unexpected delay. And as I m waiting for more than 120 days , these last days are full of depression. No one can plan a travel in such advance, financial family & work situation can totally change. hopefully we all receive good results after that much wait.
Yes hopefully we should all receive positive results after a long and tiresome wait. Thank you so much for your reply. Good luck to you.

Reactions: raman2care

Purushotham

Jul 5, 2021
My dependents visitor visa application submitted on April 25th, April 29th Biometrics given and got updated. Medicals are updated as passed on may 12. I submitted in a new visitor visa portal. Thinking to withdraw the application and resubmit a new one again. Or can I wait for few more days. It's been 4 months 10 days. Some kindly advise

Purushotham

Jul 5, 2021
Applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for my spouse to visit me from Cuba on March 24th 2022.

Date Submitted: March 24, 2022
Current Status: Submitted
Biometrics Request: March 28, 2022
Biometrics Completed: April 13, 2022 (Canadian Embassy in Havana)
Application Stock on "Review of Eligibility" and "Background Check"

125 days and still no answer

Has anyone from March received a response?
Hi, you got any update?

newimmigrantionc

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I had raised a web form enquiring about my brother's application and this is the reply I got from them

=================================================================================================
Dear Applicant,
Visitor visa (or Temporary Resident Visa) processing capacity has been reduced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, with resources diverted to priority lines of business, such as study and work permits.
IRCC is working to deliver quality client service across its global network by making our programs and services more efficient, clear and consistent.
Despite our considerable efforts, we know that some applicants have experienced significant wait times with the processing of their applications, and we continue to work as hard as possible to reduce processing times. We thank you for your patience and understanding at this moment.
We appreciate your patience and we will contact you with the next step in due time.
=================================================================================================

Maybe we could expect something soon.. keeping my fingers crossed.