+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa may 2022

Sahilsn927

Aug 5, 2020
Hello wonderful people,
I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my parents.
My father is a framer and my mother is unemployed(housewife).

So My question is in the application they ask "How much money do have for your stay in Canada?"
They have around $5k in their joint account and I have around $13k in my account. And I will be sponsoring their whole trip.

What should I put in the answer?

Thanks,

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Hello wonderful people,
I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my parents.
My father is a framer and my mother is unemployed(housewife).

So My question is in the application they ask "How much money do have for your stay in Canada?"
They have around $5k in their joint account and I have around $13k in my account. And I will be sponsoring their whole trip.

What should I put in the answer?

Thanks,
Don't make a mistake of sponsoring the visit in visitor visa , I had the same situation they did not considered my funds for that.
If you meet the lico apply supervisa.
Good Luck

Reactions: Naturgrl

bagatov

Jul 21, 2022
Hello,

My wife and I work in the US and we're both on H1B here. We both applied as family for visitor visa using myself as the primary applicant.

Timeline:
May 14th - application
May 15th - Biometric request
July 1st - completed biometrics (delayed due to low availability of slots where we are)
July 11th - BVL for wife
July 12th - PPR for wife

I still haven't received any updates on my application. Any ideas or thoughts as to why? Anyone else in the same boat?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello,

My wife and I work in the US and we're both on H1B here. We both applied as family for visitor visa using myself as the primary applicant.

Timeline:
May 14th - application
July 1st - completed biometrics (delayed due to low availability of slots where we are)
July 11th - BVL for wife
July 12th - PPR for wife

I still haven't received any updates on my application. Any ideas or thoughts as to why? Anyone else in the same boat?
That is weird.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
what would you make of that?
Nothing. Even though applications are submitted together they are still considered separate applications. There are also instances when one application is approved while other is rejected. You just have to wait for yours to get processed.

bagatov

Jul 21, 2022
Nothing. Even though applications are submitted together they are still considered separate applications. There are also instances when one application is approved while other is rejected. You just have to wait for yours to get processed.
Is it likely that someone with a valid H1B would be rejected? I quite obviously have no intentions of staying back there.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Is it likely that someone with a valid H1B would be rejected? I quite obviously have no intentions of staying back there.
Don't think so it will be rejected on those grounds. Unless there is some other issue your application should be approved.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello,

Timeline:
May 14th - application
July 11th - BVL for wife
July 12th - PPR for wife

This is a recent trend where you apply as a couple and one gets the visa while the other doesn't receive the decision

You just ought to wait it out

Doesn't hurt to write a webform and explain but they do not respond back

Good Luck

shahriarali

Feb 5, 2022
Received passport request!
Applied: 18th May 2022
Biometrics information was taken from previous application which was withdrawn (No result- Applied on 31st August 2021).
Eligibility review+BVL+Passport request: 22nd July 2022
Processing time while applying: Around 43 days
Current Processing time: 106 days
Processed in 65 days. I used the IRCC portal to apply both times.

I had a valid USA and Australia visa. I also do not have any ties with Canada, I'm just going there for tourism.

Reactions: LorLor

Sr_ke

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Biometrics information was taken from previous application which was withdrawn (No result- Applied on 31st August 2021).

I had a valid USA and Australia visa. I also do not have any ties with Canada, I'm just going there for tourism.
how come they didn't say misrepresentation since the IRCC portal is for those who have family ties? I wanted to apply using the portal but was afraid they would say misrepresentation. U r very lucky.

shahriarali

Feb 5, 2022
how come they didn't say misrepresentation since the IRCC portal is for those who have family ties? I wanted to apply using the portal but was afraid they would say misrepresentation. U r very lucky.
I'm not lucky, you just have the wrong information.

karim002

Jun 16, 2022

Since you had a US visa, were asked any additional documents such as bank statement or employment letter?