+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa May 2022 - India

Rakesh Sharma

Jun 17, 2017
Filed TRV in May. Got rejection letter today stating family ties. I am applying for reconsideration right away. Can anyone please help me with the expected timeline for results on reconsideration? Will it be again 6 months?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Filed TRV in May. Got rejection letter today stating family ties. I am applying for reconsideration right away. Can anyone please help me with the expected timeline for results on reconsideration? Will it be again 6 months?
What is your profile? Single/married? There are no timelines for reconsideration as it is used if there was an error in law. Can take weeks or months. What are you changing in asking for reconsideration and what was the error in law?

Rakesh Sharma

Jun 17, 2017
What is your profile? Single/married? There are no timelines for reconsideration as it is used if there was an error in law. Can take weeks or months. What are you changing in asking for reconsideration and what was the error in law?
I am single.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I am single.
Can you explain your relationship to person giving you invitation?
What is your age, and what is your marital status?
What is your purpose of visit? Are you employed or self employed / business?
What are your family ties in Canada and India that you've mentioned in your application?

This would help us in giving any answers to your question/questions regarding your rejection

Reactions: Naturgrl

Rakesh Sharma

Jun 17, 2017
Can you explain your relationship to person giving you invitation?
What is your age, and what is your marital status?
What is your purpose of visit? Are you employed or self employed / business?
What are your family ties in Canada and India that you've mentioned in your application?

This would help us in giving any answers to your question/questions regarding your rejection
I don't want to share such detailed information publicly. Thanks for your reply.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I don't want to share such detailed information publicly. Thanks for your reply.
No worries, wasn't asking for names, location etc etc. Just something so people can understand and answer you whether reconsideration would be useful, or whether re-applying be worth it, if you address the reasons in your rejection letter. Goodluck!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So if you are single, if asking for reconsideration, it will be difficult to show family ties to home country. Since you will not give your profile, no one can tell you if your are eligible for reconsideration as it is based on whether the officer made an error in IRCC law. You ask for reconsideration if there are changes to your application based on officer error. Good luck.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Here's an example of answers above: (please do not take it as we are forcing you to share, this is just an example of how people share their profile)
Person inviting is a friend or sibling.
Your age 24, single, employed - attached letter from HR of job and salary confirmation, and vacation time off approved
Purpose - visit and meet friends or family for 3 weeks (or meet your nephew or niece just born)
Parents reside in India, sibling in Canada, or just friends in Canada.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Did you apply for reconsideration? How did you address family ties issue? Any update on it?