India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Hi,

Myself and my spouse are in canada with work permit. We are planning to apply for visitor visa for our parents who will be visiting us from India.

My parents marriage was happened 40 years back in village without any photographs and registration. We have marriage invitation as a only proof.

But, They have spouse name endorsed in both of their passport bio page.

Please let me know what can be shown as marriage certificate for visitor visa application. Can we use affidavit from notary public?

Thanks for your help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

Myself and my spouse are in canada with work permit. We are planning to apply for visitor visa for our parents who will be visiting us from India.

My parents marriage was happened 40 years back in village without any photographs and registration. We have marriage invitation as a only proof.

But, They have spouse name endorsed in both of their passport bio page.

Please let me know what can be shown as marriage certificate for visitor visa application. Can we use affidavit from notary public?

Thanks for your help.
Well, you can only provide what you have. In this case, provide everything that you do have - Passport copies showing spouse name, marriage invitation and a notarized confirmation stating that they are married. Add a letter of explanation explaining this scenario. Also, if your birth certificate has your parents' name on it, then you can add that as well for this purpose.

Just wondering, is it not possible to provide all this evidence and get a marriage certificate back home?

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Well, you can only provide what you have. In this case, provide everything that you do have - Passport copies showing spouse name, marriage invitation and a notarized confirmation stating that they are married. Add a letter of explanation explaining this scenario. Also, if your birth certificate has your parents' name on it, then you can add that as well for this purpose.

Just wondering, is it not possible to provide all this evidence and get a marriage certificate back home?
Thanks for the details. I hope this will be helpful for me.

The issue for getting marriage certificate is my parents marriage happened 40 years back in small village.
But, my parents relocated to the current city immediately after marriage and settled here.

Also as per Government registration, they are also need witness of the marriage, certificate from temple, wedding photo etc to register it.
It is not available with us.
So, it looks impossible to get the certificate.