+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa June 2023 (India)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

PLs help , Applied for parents visitors visa ( online application ) on April 24 , 2023 from Hyderabad , India . ( Have US Visitors Visa too and visited US once in the last 5 years )
Biometrics completed : MAY 4
Biometrics status updated on application : MAY 4
Background check : Under processing
Eligibility : Under progress

It shows processing time as 32 days on IRCC website . And they still havent updated anything since MAY 4 ! Is it because of the strike that happened from April 19th to May 1 ?? Its such a long frustating wait !
Posted processing times are estimated averages but can be shorter or much longer.

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Heyy ... Thanks a lot for sending this across . It explains it all.....Really appreciate it ! I knew that the delays definitely had to do with the labour stike that happened in April , but had no idea about the number of applications being delayed ! And thats one really crazy number of backlogs ! OMG !
Seems like the whole Ukraine is going there

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Please help and answer my question if you can, I had applied for my 16 years old brother and 19 years old sister through new portal, I applied for 4 months stay visit visa but can I change my brother’s stay to 5 weeks as he is in 12th grade and he only gets leave for 5 weeks from school even he could get more days off but do you think it makes file stronger, can I send a webform to change dates for my brother’s stay as I don’t want the refusal, please if anyone can help Thank you.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
I got refusal today with generic reasons, the eligibility never started, also I am not sure if the agent looked over application or not as it’s Monday morning in India, or do they work on Sunday ? I am really frustrated.
Applied- 16 June
Refusal- 17 July

• Sad
Reactions: Rhny

Rhny

Feb 10, 2023
I got refusal today with generic reasons, the eligibility never started, also I am not sure if the agent looked over application or not as it’s Monday morning in India, or do they work on Sunday ? I am really frustrated.
Applied- 16 June
Refusal- 17 July
Sorry to hear about it. Refusal for both 16 and 19 years old ?