+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Iranian

Ali.arshady

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hi every one
I have applied visitor visa for my family and myself in November 23 and finalized Biometrics for my kid within November end (my wife and myself already we had a valid biometrics) .
Eligibility completed and my status shows "Background verification" in progress since December 12th.
I have visited Canada in the past and very strong travel history to Europe for many times.
wondering why takes this much of time as previously, I got the visa within 3-4 months after application.
has any one any kind of news to share?

thanks
You might want to call IRCC directly to ask for your application status. Usually, background checks are completed towards the end of the process, after you receive PPR (Passport Request). I've seen cases where eligibility was completed, but the application got rejected. It's a good idea to check your spam or junk folder for any rejection emails. Sometimes, you won't receive any emails, and if that happens, it could mean your application was refused.

Rahim1351

Feb 22, 2017
Thanks, I am checking regularly my account through IRRC portal and always shows you have no messages, do you have any phone number to call them?