+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa / Inside Canada / When to Apply ?

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon @caipsnotes,

Hope you are safe and healthy!

This query is regarding my brother's student visa.

He has received the study permit (hard copy), for his second year in Canada, valid till 30th November 2021.

Now we were planning to apply for visitor visa, wherein we created the application but I stumble upon the following on IRCC's website:

You can apply for a visitor visa from inside Canada if you meet all the conditions below:

• you’re already in Canada
  • you hold a valid study or work permit
  • you want to leave and return to Canada in the near future
  • your existing visitor visa is expired or was valid for only one entry
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

Though He meets the first three conditions but a per the Fourth condition ut seems that he is not eligible to apply for visa because his previous visa, on which he entered as a student for January 2020 session, is still valid till March of 2021.

My query is, can we apply for Visa now or we have to wait till the previous visa expires?

Lbatallanos

Aug 7, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon @caipsnotes,

Hope you are safe and healthy!

This query is regarding my brother's student visa.

He has received the study permit (hard copy), for his second year in Canada, valid till 30th November 2021.

Now we were planning to apply for visitor visa, wherein we created the application but I stumble upon the following on IRCC's website:

You can apply for a visitor visa from inside Canada if you meet all the conditions below:

• you’re already in Canada
  • you hold a valid study or work permit
  • you want to leave and return to Canada in the near future
  • your existing visitor visa is expired or was valid for only one entry
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

Though He meets the first three conditions but a per the Fourth condition ut seems that he is not eligible to apply for visa because his previous visa, on which he entered as a student for January 2020 session, is still valid till March of 2021.

My query is, can we apply for Visa now or we have to wait till the previous visa expires?
Hi can I ask you, if you applied? and how did it take to get the visa?

abbsha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Friends - My mother's visitor visa is expiring on Feb 2021 and she is allowed to be in Canada until January 11th 2021. She will have to return back to india for getting her visitor visa extended. IN this scenario - can I apply for renewal of visitor visa from within Canada?

If yes - whats the link to go and apply?

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Friends - My mother's visitor visa is expiring on Feb 2021 and she is allowed to be in Canada until January 11th 2021. She will have to return back to india for getting her visitor visa extended. IN this scenario - can I apply for renewal of visitor visa from within Canada?

Yes, submit the vistor record extension request not the TRV request.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You can attempt to apply for an extension. At a certain point an extension will be denied or she will only be given a short extension and she’ll be expected to return home and reestablish her ties to India before returning again.