+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - India

alongroad

Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone.

I am in a strange situation right now. I am inviting visitor visa for my friend in India. He is a student there. His tentative dates of travel are during Christmas. I am planning to submit the visa application by this weekend. However, the processing time for TRVs from India is 132 days.

I would like to know whether processing delay beyond the tentative dates would result in a visa rejection. Also, is it a good idea to submit the visa considering the processing time?

I would highly appreciate all your opinions. Thanks so much!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your friend can still apply. VOs will not reject an application based on travelling dates. Friend has to show own funds, travel history and strong ties to country.

alongroad

Jan 9, 2019
Thanks so much. He is in the middle of his semester, so its a given that he will return. However, he has been to UK alone apart from India, and I am sponsoring his stay in Canada and he is paying for air fare, and he doesn't have ample amount of money as he is a student.

Is this profile a matter of concern?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks so much. He is in the middle of his semester, so its a given that he will return. However, he has been to UK alone apart from India, and I am sponsoring his stay in Canada and he is paying for air fare, and he doesn't have ample amount of money as he is a student.

Is this profile a matter of concern?
There is not such things as sponsoring a stay. he needs to show funds. You can write a letter of invitation and say that you will provide accommodations etc.

usha bharath

Oct 4, 2021
Hi guys.. during appying for visit visa(to visit husband) the proof of funds means can it be the applicants bank statements ?? Or it has to be the canadian bank statement of husband ?