NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Hello all,

I am applying for my wife's visitor visa. However, whenever i try and upload the IMM5257 form, it throws a version error.

Now i have tried multiple hacks which were mentioned by some in this forum. But no luck.

I am using Internet Explorer. I click on the link and it opens a new tab with the form. I fill the form and then press validate which generates the bar codes. After that I save the form on desktop and click upload.

But it gives the same error again and again." The version of your document is no longer accepted"

So anyone who might have worked this out..please help me out. This is really urgent.

Last edited:

Suvimon

Jun 1, 2019
OMG, I also have the same issue for 3 days already now only for IMM5257, please someone know how to solute this. thanks

Rohit Sharma 0999

May 20, 2019
I have the same exact problem but in IMM 1294 form for online study permit application. I am applying under SDS from India. The application form is dated 06-2019 i.e it just got updated today, so when I upload it it says version no longer supported. I tried uploading a previous Feb-2019 version of form and it got uploaded succesfully

SOLMAZ1358

Jun 1, 2019
Hello all,

I am applying for my wife's visitor visa. However, whenever i try and upload the IMM5257 form, it throws a version error.

Now i have tried multiple hacks which were mentioned by some in this forum. But no luck.

I am using Internet Explorer. I click on the link and it opens a new tab with the form. I fill the form and then press validate which generates the bar codes. After that I save the form on desktop and click upload.

But it gives the same error again and again." The version of your document is no longer accepted"

So anyone who might have worked this out..please help me out. This is really urgent.

I have the same problem, did you find soloution?

Jun 1, 2019
I have the same exact problem but in IMM 1294 form for online study permit application. I am applying under SDS from India. The application form is dated 06-2019 i.e it just got updated today, so when I upload it it says version no longer supported. I tried uploading a previous Feb-2019 version of form and it got uploaded succesfully
How did you get the old version please ?

SOLMAZ1358

Jun 1, 2019
search google for cic download form and guides - its will open the website - then from drop down menu select the form number and click on get the form. But I dont think you should do it - it is recommended to use latest forms, I am still waiting for cic to fix their website
I tried the old version but it doesn't work, still cant upload and have the same error.

Minhlc117

Jun 2, 2019
If by chance you still keep the downloaded version of Feb 2019, can you send me? I want to try also and call directly to Consulate General of Canada at my place. My email: minh.lc2012@gmail.com

Thank you so much.

ankurm1

Jun 2, 2019
So it seems like CIC has updated the documents in (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html) and no longer have the older versions.

For the Visitor visa application (IMM5257) I was trying to Find the 02-2019 version online but it seems like everyone has a link to their govt site which is now pulling the latest version only.

We will unfortunately need to wait till they fix this issue.

If someone has IMM5257 (02-2019) version can they please share over here? I am pretty sure that it will be accepting this version right now.

Rohit Sharma 0999

May 20, 2019
So in case you are wondering where you can find the IMM5257 (02-2019) version:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-error-description-the-version-of-the-document-submitted-is-no-longer-accepted.634890/

I have been able to upload the form successfully without any issues with this version (its still accepted)
I also have that version but I dont want to submit it, if it goes wrong, the application fees and all the efforts and time would be wasted, I think its better to wait for some time.