+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Help

bcn2015

Oct 5, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I was going to apply for my parents visitor visa. I wanted to get some suggestions from you guys. My parents have Indian passports,but Spanish PR. They are living in Spain since 10 years. Back in 2013, we applied for visitor visa and got it rejected for 3 reasons, Travel history, Financial support and assets (I would like to mention, at that time we applied for them, and for myself as well, and we are just three persons in the family, so that could be the main reason of refusal). Now i am a permanent resident of Canada since last year, Are there chances for them to get the visa? Still there will be no family ties in Spain. In the travel history, they just went to Italy (but you can't prove that from the passport, as being Spanish resident, if you move within Europe union, there are no Immi. stamps). My father is a pensioner and my mother owns a small business (They will be attaching their business documents, pension papers and bank statements). They have around 14000 CAD to show as bank balance in Spain. I Wrote in the invitation letter that i'll be paying for accommodation and other expenses and they will be buying their air tickets. And i also mentioned that before i had plans to visit them in Spain, but now i started studying and i won't be able to go there, that's why i am inviting them here (as a proof, i will attach my enrollment certificate, i also work 30/week, WIll attach my job letter, and bank balance, as well as my husband's job letter and bank statements) . They will be staying for just a month. I will be buying them a medical insurance as well during the time of their stay, ( Should i mention it on the invitation letter).
Can you give me some suggestions to make the application strong?
Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thank you. :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I suggest:
1. You must apply only for your dad first. Do not apply for your mom presently. Your dad does not have any strong ties (only his pension + your mom as a family tie).

2. You can apply for your mom later after your dad is approved. Her strong ties: her business + a must-return-by-date specific reason.

3. Your parents must also include copies of their immigration status/health insurance card, etc in Spain.

4. Do keep their visit to 2-3 weeks. Prepare a day-by-day itinerary with sightseeing, spending time with you, etc.

Some other points:
1. Do your parents rent a house in Spain?

2. Does your dad need to return to Spain to renew his pension? Or any other similar reason?

3. Is your mom's business registered? Does your mom rent an office for her business? Pay taxes on business income? Has hired employees?

4. Do your parents own any property/land in India? Do they have any family members who are dependent on them financially?

5. Do ensure there are no large deposits/bank transfers shortly before they apply. Their bank balance must match their declared sources of income/tax returns.

6. Any financial investments?

7. Yes, you can include a copy of the overseas travel medical insurance

Cheers

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Bryanna said:
Hi,

I suggest:
1. You must apply only for your dad first. Do not apply for your mom presently. Your dad does not have any strong ties (only his pension + your mom as a family tie).

2. You can apply for your mom later after your dad is approved. Her strong ties: her business + a must-return-by-date specific reason.

3. Your parents must also include copies of their immigration status/health insurance card, etc in Spain.

4. Do keep their visit to 2-3 weeks. Prepare a day-by-day itinerary with sightseeing, spending time with you, etc.

Some other points:
1. Do your parents rent a house in Spain?

2. Does your dad need to return to Spain to renew his pension? Or any other similar reason?

3. Is your mom's business registered? Does your mom rent an office for her business? Pay taxes on business income? Has hired employees?

4. Do your parents own any property/land in India? Do they have any family members who are dependent on them financially?

5. Do ensure there are no large deposits/bank transfers shortly before they apply. Their bank balance must match their declared sources of income/tax returns.

6. Any financial investments?

7. Yes, you can include a copy of the overseas travel medical insurance

Cheers
1. No they don't rent a home on their name.

2. Yes my dad needs to sign inhis bank every year in Feb for making sure he is there.

3. Yeah the business is registered and has 2 employees.

4.Yeah they have land in India (But we did not include it this time, is it Ok to mention that when we re-apply for super visa)

5. No, It's all regular. My dad gets his pension by direct deposit.

6. No investments.

Thank you Bryanna for this help.
Sorry i did not follow up the post because i submitted the application before your reply last time.
Could you please give me suggestions for the Super Visa now? Should i go for super visa?

Thanks once again.