+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa hanging in the unknown

abhishek30

Jun 19, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am out of my wits here and have been looking for an answer all over the internet. Hopefully y'all can help.

I applied for a visitor visa application in mid-July and had my biometrics the day after the application submission. I still have not heard anything form them. I tried with the web-forms, but did not get any replies. I heard something about re-submitting applications, but do they apply to everyone or you need a personal reason to visit?

I just want to go for tourism.
I applied from Oman, however our visas are processed in Abu Dhabi, UAE I think.

Appreciate the help!

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am out of my wits here and have been looking for an answer all over the internet. Hopefully y'all can help.

I applied for a visitor visa application in mid-July and had my biometrics the day after the application submission. I still have not heard anything form them. I tried with the web-forms, but did not get any replies. I heard something about re-submitting applications, but do they apply to everyone or you need a personal reason to visit?

I just want to go for tourism.
I applied from Oman, however our visas are processed in Abu Dhabi, UAE I think.

Appreciate the help!
Hi Abishek,
Saw your message in the forum, IRCC has asked for travelers to resubmit visit visa applications submitted before 7 Sep 2021. This is if you are in a hurry to get to Canada

Please read the below article it will give you insights.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/09/ircc-asks-travellers-to-resubmit-visitor-visa-application-if-sent-before-september-7-0919122.html#gs.dd0m2p

All Oman applications are processed in Abu Dhabi and there is a huge backlog of all sorts of applications. I'm waiting for my Work Permit for over one year now.

Hope this info helps.