+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa GRANTED while PR application in process

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
Hi everyone!

I (PR in Canada) applied for the Visitor Visa online (for my wife in India).
I am happy to inform you that IT HAS BEEN GRANTED!! ;D

I (sponsor) have applied for my wife's (principal applicant) PR under Family Class.
On the forum I had read several times that it's nearly impossible to be granted a visitor visa while PR application is in process and that there is a high rejection rate, but I'm here to say that it's not that bad!
We applied and we got it!

My wife has been granted a TWO-YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY visa to Canada.

What worked for us is that I showed PLENTY of TIES TO HOME and also convinced them that I will not overstay.

Here is a list of documents I submitted- It took a lot of time and energy to gather, but it's been worth it!
IMP: We applied for a travel duration of 4 weeks. (They usually issue a visa for a longer period, but best not to say you'll stay for more than a few months!) It has to be long enough that it's believable, but short enough that it doesn't make them feel like you're trying to stay permanently! ;)

Travel history: We visited Singapore and Bali (Indonesia) for total of 8 days after our wedding and had Singapore visa (Indians are visa exempt in Indonesia)
I think this helped. So, it's probably better if your wife has some travel history before applying for Canada.

My wife's documents:
1. Bank statements from 2 accounts and pay slips from past 5 months (she was employed in India)
2. Purpose of visit: A letter from my wife to the visa officer saying that she misses me and wants to celebrate my birthday together with me (We showed this as our main purpose of visiting). Indicated that we applied for PR recently and this is the UCI # and this is the application #. Explained in the letter that husband has already taken lots of vacation for visiting wife last year and cannot take anymore. So the wife is now taking 4 weeks vacation and wants to visit him in his birthday. Also mentioned in the letter that husband is totally aware of immigration system of Canada and we do not intend to break any rules by overstaying. Also, stated that she has a job there and has to go back in 4 weeks.
3. Very important: RETURN (TWO WAY) FLIGHT TICKET for those 4 weeks of visit. We booked a two way ticket. You can either cancel and buy a one way after you get the visa or just leave it as is and dont go back after four weeks. Yes, some money will be wasted here but atleast you get the visa with a two way ticket.
4. Passport front, back page and pages with all the stamps
5. Boarding passes from our trip together to Singapore, Bali
6. PCC from India (not really required but we submitted since we had it anyway)
7. A letter from a CA showing her assets in India (Jewelry including gold, silver, fixed deposits, savings account balances)
8. Marriage certificate
9. About 12-15 of our pictures (some before wedding, some wedding pics and some after wedding during our travels in Singapore, Bali and in India) in a pdf. Write about 1 line describing each pic. Providing pictures is important to support the relationship status. Applying just with a marriage certificate might not be enough!

My documents (husband, PR in Canada):
10. Employment letter from work stating job title, employed since date, salary, benefits,. duties
11. Pay stubs from past 2 months
12. Most recent T4 and NOA
13. True copy of "Your assessment letter" from my bank. This has all the amounts for all my accounts with this bank and other banks too. Also asked them to add my car in it (it is an asset). Take a printout of this first and ask them to do a true copy. Bank people have the authority to do it.
14. PR Card (front and back)
15. SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL LETTER (Super important) that you receive from IRCC saying that you meet sponsor requirements and are eligible to sponsor your spouse for permanent residence
16. Invitation letter: A strong letter from me to visa officer stating that I would like to invite my wife here so we can travel here and celebrate my birthday together (first birthday after our wedding) and hence please grant her a visa for those 4 weeks of intended stay. Also mention that you have these many assets and you will take care of all her expenses in Canada and she will live with you and show that you have enough room for her in your apartment or house that you rent/own. Mention that she will go back cuz of these these reasons there and she has to go...
17. Lease ownership letter (if renting) or home ownership document (if owning)

The reason why people get rejections is because they're not proving their ties to their home country and not giving a nice reason for the visit. Also, do not show that your spouse wants to visit you for more than a month or two. It will start making the visa officer think that your spouse is trying to stay there permanently and might not come back.
Remember: Your spouse does not have the right to stay longer by thinking that she has applied for PR. Until the day your spouse gets PR, you are not any special and you have to be patient and please the visa officer for visitor visa.
If you can show that you have a lot of things/ people/ property/ assets that are in your home country that you won't just leave behind- they will grant you a visa.

Stay positive and send as many documents as you can.
be truthful and stick to your word if you're granted the Visa-
The VOs are humans too and they can empathise with your feelings, as long as you convince them you're not going overstay, they won't reject you. :)

Note: We applied online. So all the above documents were scanned and uploaded. We did not provide any originals. Received a passport request after ~24 days. Then my wife submitted her passport to a VFS branch in India.

Good luck everyone! ;D 8)

Special thanks to the girl who created this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html

Reactions: Pet_Colombo

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
from_mumbai said:
Hi everyone!

I (sponsor) have applied for my wife's (principal applicant) PR under Family Class.
On the forum I had read several times that it's nearly impossible to be granted a visitor visa while PR application is in process and that there is a high rejection rate, but I'm here to say that it's not that bad!

What worked for us is that I showed PLENTY of TIES TO HOME and also convinced them that I will not overstay.

Here is a list of documents I submitted- It took a lot of time and energy to gather, but it's been worth it!
IMP: We applied for a travel duration of 4 weeks. (They usually issue a visa for a longer period, but best not to say you'll stay for more than a few months!) It has to be long enough that it's believable, but short enough that it doesn't make them feel like you're trying to stay permanently! ;)

Travel history: We visited Singapore and Bali (Indonesia) for total of 8 days after our wedding and had Singapore visa (Indians are visa exempt in Indonesia)
I think this helped. So, it's probably better if your wife has some travel history before applying for Canada.

My wife's documents:
1. Bank statements from 2 accounts and pay slips from past 5 months (she was employed in India)
2. Purpose of visit: A letter from my wife to the visa officer saying that she misses me and wants to celebrate my birthday together with me (We showed this as our main purpose of visiting). Indicated that we applied for PR recently and this is the UCI # and this is the application #. Explained in the letter that husband has already taken lots of vacation for visiting wife last year and cannot take anymore. So the wife is now taking 4 weeks vacation and wants to visit him in his birthday. Also mentioned in the letter that husband is totally aware of immigration system of Canada and we do not intend to break any rules by overstaying. Also, stated that she has a job there and has to go back in 4 weeks.
3. Very important: RETURN (TWO WAY) FLIGHT TICKET for those 4 weeks of visit. We booked a two way ticket. You can either cancel and buy a one way after you get the visa or just leave it as is and dont go back after four weeks. Yes, some money will be wasted here but atleast you get the visa with a two way ticket.
7. A letter from a CA showing her assets in India (Jewelry including gold, silver, fixed deposits, savings account balances)
8. Marriage certificate
9. About 12-15 of our pictures (some before wedding, some wedding pics and some after wedding during our travels in Singapore, Bali and in India) in a pdf. Write about 1 line describing each pic. Providing pictures is important to support the relationship status. Applying just with a marriage certificate might not be enough!

10. Employment letter from work stating job title, employed since date, salary, benefits,. duties
13. True copy of "Your assessment letter" from my bank. This has all the amounts for all my accounts with this bank and other banks too. Also asked them to add my car in it (it is an asset). Take a printout of this first and ask them to do a true copy. Bank people have the authority to do it.
15. SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL LETTER (Super important) that you receive from IRCC saying that you meet sponsor requirements and are eligible to sponsor your spouse for permanent residence
16. Invitation letter: A strong letter from me to visa officer stating that I would like to invite my wife here so we can travel here and celebrate my birthday together (first birthday after our wedding) and hence please grant her a visa for those 4 weeks of intended stay. Also mention that you have these many assets and you will take care of all her expenses in Canada and she will live with you and show that you have enough room for her in your apartment or house that you rent/own. Mention that she will go back cuz of these these reasons there and she has to go...

The reason why people get rejections is because they're not proving their ties to their home country and not giving a nice reason for the visit. Also, do not show that your spouse wants to visit you for more than a month or two. It will start making the visa officer think that your spouse is trying to stay there permanently and might not come back.
Remember: Your spouse does not have the right to stay longer by thinking that she has applied for PR. Until the day your spouse gets PR, you are not any special and you have to be patient and please the visa officer for visitor visa.
If you can show that you have a lot of things/ people/ property/ assets that are in your home country that you won't just leave behind- they will grant you a visa.

The VOs are humans too and they can empathise with your feelings, as long as you convince them you're not going overstay, they won't reject you. :)

Note: We applied online. So all the above documents were scanned and uploaded. We did not provide any originals. Received a passport request after ~24 days. Then my wife submitted her passport to a VFS branch in India.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html
Congratulations. Did your spouse traveled as per the dates you gave in the application ?

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
SA approval on 30th November 2016. AOR2 on 12th December 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (8th October 2016)
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
from_mumbai said:
Hi everyone!

My wife's documents:
8. Marriage certificate

congratulations. I sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Jasmine1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Hi May4ank,

Congratulations, I am in the same process of applying TRV and submitted my application this month.

Wanted to ask you a quick question around your paper work.

How did you get this letter. Do you have any format. I am planning to do it for Jewellery

Vibegorur

Jul 1, 2018
Hi everyone!

My wife's documents:
8. Marriage certificate

Hi there,

Congrates and thank you so much for the information provided.

Even I (prinicple applicant) is in the same position, Me and My Husband (Sponsor) have recevied Eligibility mail from CIC, We are planning for Visitor visa to be applied. So Can i know either VFS is better to apply nor online?

Peppy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi all, My parents-in-law are planning to visit Canada in a tourist visa..my husband and my brother-in-law is a PR and my sister-in-law is an international student in Canada..my father-in-law sister and family is a citizen and they have got many cousins in Canada who are also citizen's..so my parents-in-law are planning to visit Canada during my brother's birthday..is thr any chance of rejection ?
I'm waiting for my PR under spousal..it's been 7 months since I applied. I don't have any travel history as such..I was a resident of the United Arab Emirates for almost 20 years, I have visited Oman many times and after marriage to Maldives which was only for 4 days.
My husband has a very good travel history..he has visited 20-30 countries approximately.
Since my husband is also a PR..can I too apply for a visit with them ? We are confused if mine will get rejected as i am not currently working and if they will ask for an employment letter or anything?

Tina6

Oct 10, 2018
How to get sponsor
Hi everyone!

My wife's documents:
8. Marriage certificate

Pet_Colombo

Nov 22, 2018
Hi everyone!

My wife's documents:
8. Marriage certificate

Hi there... Need a big help. may I have your email ID please. or send a HI message to shan2061980@gmail.com... cheers bro..Thanks a lot.

JJMINDIA

Nov 29, 2018
Hello,
What is the chance to get visit visa approved before submitting pr under family class(outland) for myself and kid
?
My husband is pr holder and currently working and staying in Canada.
I am employed in India with good salary
To show family ties,i have gold fixed deposits but not owning any property.
I have pf amount as well. My kid s 4 years.
Looking for suggestions??

JJMINDIA

Nov 29, 2018
Hello I am in the same situation..my husband is applying visit visa for myself and kid.what can be added for kid to show the application is stronger??