+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa from withing canda - Cancelled due to error from goverments behalf - HELP

luagraf_1984

Oct 3, 2018
Hi all,
I was here on a one year IEC Working Holiday from Spain so I wanted to stay on as a visitor and applied to do so a month before my working permit expiring as the site says for extending stay within Canada. I did this on the 12th of June (my Work permit expiring the next month and my stay expiring on the 13th of July). All was in good times, I waited stressed out and finally I check my Profile (3rd of Oct) and it puts cancelled and I am to receive notice to why. Still no notice but I called them that day. When someone finally answered they said they knew the mistake was on their end, they had read my ETA end date instead of my work permit end date and thought I didnt need one. He suggested I wait until Wed (Today) and if no new unfortunately I should re-apply again, ask for a refund and explain why I had to do this again. I tried to apply and obviously I can only apply for restoration of status (not visitor visa which is what they had said ) which I still have a few days to do. But I can't phisically reapply for another visitor visa as my status expired now ( which obviously it has thats why I'd applied to do so on the 12th of June when it hadnt!)

I got a suggestion online in a FB forum saying I should ring again tomorrow and ask if I can't sort out my predicament which is so not my fault somewhere phisically or in the nearest border but I don't have a lot of faith in their advice. They said even to look at the mistake they did log themselves on friday it could take 90 days and I definitely need to reaply - which I cant. But I guess I can apply wrongly for restoration! Does anyone have advice? I feel like they should be helping me fix their error not causing me to be in illegal status :( or if I try and leave maybe not allow me reentry again!

Any help appreciated - right now I'd just like to curl up and cry in frustration and worry.

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
Hi all,
I was here on a one year IEC Working Holiday from Spain so I wanted to stay on as a visitor and applied to do so a month before my working permit expiring as the site says for extending stay within Canada. I did this on the 12th of June (my Work permit expiring the next month and my stay expiring on the 13th of July). All was in good times, I waited stressed out and finally I check my Profile (3rd of Oct) and it puts cancelled and I am to receive notice to why. Still no notice but I called them that day. When someone finally answered they said they knew the mistake was on their end, they had read my ETA end date instead of my work permit end date and thought I didnt need one. He suggested I wait until Wed (Today) and if no new unfortunately I should re-apply again, ask for a refund and explain why I had to do this again. I tried to apply and obviously I can only apply for restoration of status (not visitor visa which is what they had said ) which I still have a few days to do. But I can't phisically reapply for another visitor visa as my status expired now ( which obviously it has thats why I'd applied to do so on the 12th of June when it hadnt!)

I got a suggestion online in a FB forum saying I should ring again tomorrow and ask if I can't sort out my predicament which is so not my fault somewhere phisically or in the nearest border but I don't have a lot of faith in their advice. They said even to look at the mistake they did log themselves on friday it could take 90 days and I definitely need to reaply - which I cant. But I guess I can apply wrongly for restoration! Does anyone have advice? I feel like they should be helping me fix their error not causing me to be in illegal status :( or if I try and leave maybe not allow me reentry again!

Any help appreciated - right now I'd just like to curl up and cry in frustration and worry.
maybe we are in same situation difference is you are presently in Canada waiting for TRV and im outside of Canada waiting my trv. Application has been cancelled due to Administrative reasons.

luagraf_1984

Oct 3, 2018
No, I phoned and they confirmed it was their mistake instead of looking at when my Working Holiday ended they looked at the ETA which expires when my Passport does... that is incorrect so they said I should reapply if they dont do anything. They supposedly sent a message detailing the error but I received a web form again telling me my work permit ends August (that is my ETA yet again!)