+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa from USA to Canada-Approved online application

steta2012

May 21, 2016
Hi,

I want to share my experience regarding my family Visitor visa approval from USA to Canada. Being a non immigrant works visa in USA. I hope, Most of people trying online applications may benefit from this post.

I applied my visitor visa application online from Decatur to newyork, USA. With in one day I got letter from CIC to provide my passports to consulate.

Below are Documents submitted with my application.

First I answered some visitor visa questions and got one reference number online.
Got document submission list after submission and below are documents submitted

1. IMM5257E for self, Spouse and Daughter’s Application
2. Proof of Financial Statement
• US Bank Verification letter with Outstanding Balance
• Indian Bank Account Statement
• Previous three Income Tax returns from India
• Three month Salary Slip
• Employment Verification letter(not directly mentioning my salary but provided other documents for financial proof.)
• Saving Stock Details in India
3. IMM5713 Family Representative form Signed by Spouse and me
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Passports (Front page, Visa page, Last page and all blank pages) of Family members
6. Signed IMM5645 Family person Details for self and Spouse
7. Travel History and legal Status Documents
• I797-Notice of action
• I-94 for all members
• I-129S for legal status and current compensation in US
• Old Travel History from Cancelled Passport
8. Digital Photos for applicants
9. Invitation letter from my Sister and Proof of their legal status in Canada ( PR card, Passports etc.)
10. Proof of relationship: Last page of Sister’s passport
11. IMM5257B Schedule1 for Self and Spouse
12. My IMM5257E Employment History extra Sheet
• My All previous employer relieving letter
• My Educational Degree certificates
13. Purpose of Visit letter for travel details
14. My Spouse IMM5257E Employment History extra Sheet
• My Spouse’s All previous employer relieving letter
• My Spouse’s Educational Degree certificates
15. My daughter's Birth Certificate

A copy of my letter of purpose of visit, Invitation letter and Cover letter is also attached below.
Cover Letter Format(For Reference)
Date: xxxxx

Consulate General of Canada
New York, USA

Re: Application for Visitor Visa for Family (Self, Spouse and Daughter)

Dear Visa Officer,

I, xxxxxxx (DOB-xxxxxxxxx), am applying for Visitor Visa for me, Spouse, xxxxxxxx (DOB- xxxxxx) and Daughter,xxxxxx (DOB-xxxxx).I am currently residing with my Family at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. My phone number and Email ID is xxxxxxx andxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I am principal applicant and responsible for all payment made for this visitor visa applications for all other applicants.

My legal status in US is non immigrant L1B works visa. I am employed in xxxxxxxxx and currently residing in USA for an Assignment.I have attached my employment letter as proof of employment with xxxxxxxxx. I earn a Total xxxxxxx USD per annum. I have attached my copy of I129S for weekly US wage details and my current legal status in USA.

My sister stays with her family in Canada. I have attached Invitation letter and purpose of Visit document for details. I have also attached my last 10 years employment history details for your reference. A separate sheet of IMM5257E along with employment relieving letters is attached. I have also attached employment history documents for my spouse as an attachment.

Please find the enclosed Application for my family members (My, Spouse and Daughter’s) Visitor Visa application and supporting documents.

• Employment Verification letter
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Passports (Front page, Visa page, Last page and all blank pages) of Family members
• I797-Notice of action
• I-94 for all members
9. Invitation letter from my Sister and Proof of their legal status in Canada ( PR card, Passports etc.)
14. My Spouse, xxxxxxxxx, IMM5257E Employment History extra Sheet
15. Daughter’s Birth Certificate

I hope above forms and supporting documents are comprehensive. I look forward to receive further instructions in this process. Please grant my Family Visitor visa considering above mentioned documents.

Sincerely Yours,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Purpose of Visit

Date: xxxxxxx
To,
Consulate General of Canada,
New York, USA

Re: Purpose of Visit

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, xxxxxx, am writing this letter to state my purpose of visit to Canada. I am staying with my spouse, xxxxxx, and Daughter,xxxxxx, at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx in United States of America. I am employed as xxxxxxxxx in xxxxxxxxxxx, India. My legal status in USA is a non immigrant L1B work visa. My spouse and Daughter are on L2B dependant Visa. I am currently working in xxxxxxxxxxx Division facility in xxxxxxx,USA (Passports,Visa stamps, I94, Employment verification letter and I129S Attached in Travel history and Financial Documents).

My sister, xxxxxxxxxxx, is a legal permanent resident of Canada. She stays at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with her husband, xxxxxxx, and two children. She is inviting us to Canada to visit her family on her birthday, xxxxxxxxxx We will be staying in Canada at my Sister’s House. She will provide us Housing and Food only and I will be taking care of all other personal expenses for me and my Family (Invitation letter, PR card copy and Passport copy Attached in visa application).

We have planned to visit Canada from xxxxxx to xxxxxxx. We are planning this short trip since I will not get more leaves from my work. My purpose of visit is not only to visit my sister and her family but also to have some sightseeing with my family. Below is detailed series of events we have planned during my family proposed stay in Canada.

xxxxxxxxx – we have planned to go to Brampton by driving in our car. We will start in morning from xx to Detroit border and then after border checking will reach Brampton, Ontario by same day evening. Expected travel- 11 hours.
Mar 24th, 2016- We have planned to spend time with my sister family and celebrate her birthday.
Mar 25th, 2016- We have planned to go to Ripley Aquarium, Ontario.
Mar 26th, 2016- We have planned to go to Niagara Falls with my sister and her family.
Mar 27th, 2016- We have planned to See Toronto CN tower.
Mar 28th, 2016- We have planned to go Canada wonderland in Canada. My sister has yearly passes for her children. We will purchase separate tickets for one day tour for Water Park.
Mar 29th, 2016- We have planned to go for shopping, dining and entertainment.
Mar 30th, 2016- We have planned to Stay at home and spend some valuable time with my sister’s family. My daughter will spend time with my sister’s children.
MAr 31st, 2016- We have planned to start early in morning from Brampton and Reach Detroit in afternoon then after border checking will reach back toxxxxxxxxx, USA by evening.

We will not extend our planned stay in Canada. I am attached latest I-94, I-129S, Passport, Visa details in Travel history as a tie to USA in application. I will be returning back to USA as per trip plan since I will not get more leaves and have to resume my work on August 1st, 2016.

My Travel history includes travel to xxxxxxx alone. I have left these countries before the expiration of authorized stay .

I will take $1000 CAD cash to Canada for expenses. I have a total amount of $xxxxx CAD ($xxxx per member) provided my US account, Indian bank account Statement for this financial details). :) :) :)

I hope this letter will convince you my genuine desire to visit Canada to spend time with my sister and her family and leaving Canada as per planned stay. Thank you very much for your time.

Yours truly,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I got one letter of invitation typed in word and signed by my sister from canada. Submitted proof of her legal status.

With in one day I got my visa approved and then with in one week got my passports back with multiple entry visa till expiry of passports for all three of us.

Hope this information will be useful to all..let me know your feedback about post.

Thanks,

:) :) :) :) :) :)

;)

Fairyland

Nov 9, 2020
Hi,

I want to share my experience regarding my family Visitor visa approval from USA to Canada. Being a non immigrant works visa in USA. I hope, Most of people trying online applications may benefit from this post.

I applied my visitor visa application online from Decatur to newyork, USA. With in one day I got letter from CIC to provide my passports to consulate.

Below are Documents submitted with my application.

First I answered some visitor visa questions and got one reference number online.
Got document submission list after submission and below are documents submitted

• Employment Verification letter(not directly mentioning my salary but provided other documents for financial proof.)
4. Marriage Certificate
• I797-Notice of action
• I-94 for all members
14. My Spouse IMM5257E Employment History extra Sheet
15. My daughter's Birth Certificate

A copy of my letter of purpose of visit, Invitation letter and Cover letter is also attached below.
Cover Letter Format(For Reference)
Date: xxxxx

Consulate General of Canada
New York, USA

Re: Application for Visitor Visa for Family (Self, Spouse and Daughter)

Dear Visa Officer,

I, xxxxxxx (DOB-xxxxxxxxx), am applying for Visitor Visa for me, Spouse, xxxxxxxx (DOB- xxxxxx) and Daughter,xxxxxx (DOB-xxxxx).I am currently residing with my Family at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. My phone number and Email ID is xxxxxxx andxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I am principal applicant and responsible for all payment made for this visitor visa applications for all other applicants.

My legal status in US is non immigrant L1B works visa. I am employed in xxxxxxxxx and currently residing in USA for an Assignment.I have attached my employment letter as proof of employment with xxxxxxxxx. I earn a Total xxxxxxx USD per annum. I have attached my copy of I129S for weekly US wage details and my current legal status in USA.

My sister stays with her family in Canada. I have attached Invitation letter and purpose of Visit document for details. I have also attached my last 10 years employment history details for your reference. A separate sheet of IMM5257E along with employment relieving letters is attached. I have also attached employment history documents for my spouse as an attachment.

Please find the enclosed Application for my family members (My, Spouse and Daughter’s) Visitor Visa application and supporting documents.

• Employment Verification letter
4. Marriage Certificate
• I797-Notice of action
• I-94 for all members
14. My Spouse, xxxxxxxxx, IMM5257E Employment History extra Sheet
15. Daughter’s Birth Certificate

I hope above forms and supporting documents are comprehensive. I look forward to receive further instructions in this process. Please grant my Family Visitor visa considering above mentioned documents.

Sincerely Yours,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Purpose of Visit

Date: xxxxxxx
To,
Consulate General of Canada,
New York, USA

Re: Purpose of Visit

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, xxxxxx, am writing this letter to state my purpose of visit to Canada. I am staying with my spouse, xxxxxx, and Daughter,xxxxxx, at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx in United States of America. I am employed as xxxxxxxxx in xxxxxxxxxxx, India. My legal status in USA is a non immigrant L1B work visa. My spouse and Daughter are on L2B dependant Visa. I am currently working in xxxxxxxxxxx Division facility in xxxxxxx,USA (Passports,Visa stamps, I94, Employment verification letter and I129S Attached in Travel history and Financial Documents).

My sister, xxxxxxxxxxx, is a legal permanent resident of Canada. She stays at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with her husband, xxxxxxx, and two children. She is inviting us to Canada to visit her family on her birthday, xxxxxxxxxx We will be staying in Canada at my Sister’s House. She will provide us Housing and Food only and I will be taking care of all other personal expenses for me and my Family (Invitation letter, PR card copy and Passport copy Attached in visa application).

We have planned to visit Canada from xxxxxx to xxxxxxx. We are planning this short trip since I will not get more leaves from my work. My purpose of visit is not only to visit my sister and her family but also to have some sightseeing with my family. Below is detailed series of events we have planned during my family proposed stay in Canada.

xxxxxxxxx – we have planned to go to Brampton by driving in our car. We will start in morning from xx to Detroit border and then after border checking will reach Brampton, Ontario by same day evening. Expected travel- 11 hours.
Mar 24th, 2016- We have planned to spend time with my sister family and celebrate her birthday.
Mar 25th, 2016- We have planned to go to Ripley Aquarium, Ontario.
Mar 26th, 2016- We have planned to go to Niagara Falls with my sister and her family.
Mar 27th, 2016- We have planned to See Toronto CN tower.
Mar 28th, 2016- We have planned to go Canada wonderland in Canada. My sister has yearly passes for her children. We will purchase separate tickets for one day tour for Water Park.
Mar 29th, 2016- We have planned to go for shopping, dining and entertainment.
Mar 30th, 2016- We have planned to Stay at home and spend some valuable time with my sister’s family. My daughter will spend time with my sister’s children.
MAr 31st, 2016- We have planned to start early in morning from Brampton and Reach Detroit in afternoon then after border checking will reach back toxxxxxxxxx, USA by evening.

We will not extend our planned stay in Canada. I am attached latest I-94, I-129S, Passport, Visa details in Travel history as a tie to USA in application. I will be returning back to USA as per trip plan since I will not get more leaves and have to resume my work on August 1st, 2016.

My Travel history includes travel to xxxxxxx alone. I have left these countries before the expiration of authorized stay .

I will take $1000 CAD cash to Canada for expenses. I have a total amount of $xxxxx CAD ($xxxx per member) provided my US account, Indian bank account Statement for this financial details). :) :) :)

I hope this letter will convince you my genuine desire to visit Canada to spend time with my sister and her family and leaving Canada as per planned stay. Thank you very much for your time.

Yours truly,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I got one letter of invitation typed in word and signed by my sister from canada. Submitted proof of her legal status.

With in one day I got my visa approved and then with in one week got my passports back with multiple entry visa till expiry of passports for all three of us.

Hope this information will be useful to all..let me know your feedback about post.

Thanks,

:) :) :) :) :) :)

;)
Nice letter formats. But can i get a copy of your invitation letter please?